More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 22:05:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  All my sims skills are gone!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: All my sims skills are gone!  (Read 7920 times)
no_pulse
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
All my sims skills are gone!
« on: 2010 February 16, 06:29:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure if its the patch, but when I installed High End Loft Stuff and upgraded to the latest patches and started the game, I noticed my skills no longer have any of the skills they had!

Is there a fix to this?  Or is there a program I can use to edit there skills and the challenges for the skills?  I'd hate to have to start all over again to get the skills!
alaira
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: All my sims skills are gone!
« Reply #1 on: 2010 February 16, 06:43:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Won't help with the challenges, but you can edit the skill levels with this:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=383662

I don't know if it works with HELS.  I have WA only, and it works in my game.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 February 16, 06:44:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My suggestion? Don't save.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
no_pulse
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 February 16, 06:57:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My suggestion? Don't save.

Too late.  When I my sims were frozen due to one of the mods I had, I saved the game when my sims where unfrozen.  Unfortunately I thought that was the only issue, until I looked at my skills.  Now that I saved, I guess I am SOL and have no choice but to reinstall everything and start fresh!

Are the mods still supposed to go into the mod folder on the base game?  Or do you have to move them to the High End Loft stuff folder?

And thank you very much for the help.  Most appreciated Smiley
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 February 16, 07:00:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you only saved once, your .backup save should be intact. If you saved more than once, you are SOL.

NEVER OVERWRITE YOUR SAVE AFTER AN ANOMALY OCCURS. No matter how minor you think the error may be, always save it in a DIFFERENT slot if you save it at all.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
no_pulse
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 February 16, 07:53:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I heard that in the latest patch the EA disabled custom content, is that true?

Hopefully I can find my backup save
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 February 16, 09:35:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it is true that custom content that was not installed by the Launcher is now disabled. This forum contains detailed information about how to make your custom content work in-game. Read, search, and you will find it. In MATY terms: LURK MOAR.

More F than you
no_pulse
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 February 16, 10:14:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it is true that custom content that was not installed by the Launcher is now disabled. This forum contains detailed information about how to make your custom content work in-game. Read, search, and you will find it. In MATY terms: LURK MOAR.

Did you mean this? http://sublimesims.net/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=5b6b2bdf0ac0653599c68474b7bdd25d&topic=1748.0

Is there any fix to getting back skills that have disappeared?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 February 16, 10:24:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Revert to your backup save and remove all your crap mods from dodgy third-party producers. Otherwise your neighborhood is toast.

Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 February 16, 16:48:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No_pulse is clearly braindead.

This is MATY. I'm not going to read some thread on another site just to tell you if the information contained therein is correct or not.

More F than you
no_pulse
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 February 16, 18:48:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No_pulse is clearly braindead.

This is MATY. I'm not going to read some thread on another site just to tell you if the information contained therein is correct or not.

I'll admit I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed.  From what my small primitive brain could comprehend, I should use the decrapify tool on my save game and custom content.  

I noticed that after installing HELS and patching it to the latest, that the custom clothing that I made in game are gone!  Do I have decrapify that as well in order it to show up again?  Also, where are the custom colors, clothing that you make in the game stored?  Under Libraries?

I deleted the save file and reverted back to my old save by deleting the .backup at the end.  Same thing, my sims have no skills, even with the mods folder deleted.  I don't understand how a bunch of mods for different clothing would make my sims skills disappear.  It would make sense if I used a mod that dealt with skills.   Is the decrapifying tool and sr3 tool just for .sims3package files? Or can you use them on .package files as well.

I apologize for all the noob questions.  And I really do appreciate all the replies and help.  Thank you!
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 February 16, 21:03:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MATY...where you can abuse tards and they will thank you. Or they will flame out, or go away.

Win, win, win.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
no_pulse
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 February 17, 01:54:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol... I just went from bad to worse!  Now my game takes eons to load. *face palm*   I don't know why, but I decided to run all the .package files in my mod folder through decrapify and s3rc.exe, AND, my save game, AND my libraries folder, AND userPresets.package file.  Oh man, what in the hell did I do!  I moved the mods folder from the base game to the HELS game too.

Out of curiosity, if I drag and plop a sims3.pack file through decrapify and s3rc.exe, twice, can I damage the file?

Well I now have no option but to reinstall everything.  Probably better that way.....
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 February 17, 02:25:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know why, but I decided to run all the .package files in my mod folder through decrapify and s3rc.exe, AND, my save game, AND my libraries folder, AND userPresets.package file.  Oh man, what in the hell did I do! 

I can see this happening as an accident, but to "decide" to do this is potentially the most idiotic thing I have come across in all of today.  You are clearly the sort of person who puts the plastic bag in with the bread when making toast and then brags about it. 

PROTIP:  don't brag about stupid things you do.  We will believe you are stupid.  (I know there was a memo that went out about how we HAVE NO SYMPATHY.)

Well I now have no option but to reinstall everything.  Probably better that way.....

Don't forget to come back and tell us the thrilling story.

Tribulatio proxima est
no_pulse
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 February 17, 02:53:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't forget to come back and tell us the thrilling story.

Don't worry I won't forget!!!  Grin  And I will go into great detail, step by step of the uninstall process and reinstall process!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 February 17, 05:41:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know why, but I decided to run all the .package files in my mod folder through decrapify and s3rc.exe, AND, my save game, AND my libraries folder, AND userPresets.package file.  Oh man, what in the hell did I do! 
Well, running the libraries folder through was a bad idea, unless you meant the user version of it, and NOT the core game files, but everything there is correct otherwise.

no_pulse
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 February 17, 17:14:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I already uninstalled and made sure there were no sims3 related directories in either my documents and where the game installs on the C: drive.  I also ran CCleaner.  I also checked the registry for any sims3 related registry entries as well.

Is this the best method for reinstalling....

Install Sims3 base game...
Do NOT install EADM when prompt.
Manually patch the game to the latest with each individual patch.

Proceed to install HELS
Again, do not install EADM when prompt.
Manually install the patch

After everything is installed and patched, can I install the EA Store CC after I run it through decrapify and s3rc? Or should I do that before HELS?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: