More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 19:17:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  My Fambly Tree Button Is Borkenated
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: My Fambly Tree Button Is Borkenated  (Read 12735 times)
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
My Fambly Tree Button Is Borkenated
« on: 2010 February 15, 11:32:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I play a nice simple game, controlling a single family. Now, raising generation six and since installing HELS, the entire family's tree button is entirely FUBRed, doing nothing at all except respond to a click with a sound, i.e.: no hang up or game pause. Zilch. This shit and buggeration continues in spite of applying all recent patches and a search has not flagged up any similar issues. Needless to say I have tried running the game with AM alone, so I am confident this not a tight pants issue.

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: My Fambly Tree Button Is Borkenated
« Reply #1 on: 2010 February 15, 12:18:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Send save and I'll look it over.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 February 15, 12:43:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This sounds like my issue where sims suddenly spawn duplicates and become unlinked from the tree. Going on vacation seems to fuck it up. The button does nothing, except of course make that sound effect.

On a semi-related note, is a VBT for dead sims to appear alive in the tree while on vacation?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 February 15, 12:44:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't know. Sims in "other worlds" only appear as truncated entries, though.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2010 February 15, 14:03:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Send save and I'll look it over.
Uploaded to my personal web space: [link snipped]

Please confirm when downloaded so I can delete it and recover the space. I don't pay for more than 100MB and this file is 130+, although my host info suggests I am only using 55% of my allocated space. Must be Irish maths ....
« Last Edit: 2010 February 15, 18:40:19 by Mirelly » Logged

me shit
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 February 15, 17:54:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

File downloaded, will examine soon.

Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2010 February 16, 16:15:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is not a bump but more of an addendum to my previous description. I did not create a new save after blitzing the small amount of non-awesome content I normally use and then restarting the game. The save I uploaded is therefore one that may well reference a small number of non-awesome content. Excuse me for stupidity if that confuses the situation.

me shit
WaterWitch
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 February 17, 21:43:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having the same issue with the family tree in my Riverview family, some of them respond with just a click and some show a partial tree.  This only happened since installing HELS.
tea_and_blues
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 February 18, 12:10:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ditto here. I find any kind of extended play following installing HELS is chopping up my family trees. Links are showing from some sims, but not others. Twallans super computer doesn't rejoin them once the link is broken, nor can it remove them.

<meh> siggie. </meh>
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2010 February 18, 19:15:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As this has now been bumped, may I ask if the F.O.J. will say if he has had a chance to peruse the save I provided?

me shit
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 February 19, 18:24:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On a semi-related note, is a VBT for dead sims to appear alive in the tree while on vacation?
Well, it's a bad thing. A bug, even. It's not immediately fatal to your game, but represents one more example of state-inconsistency. Will be fixed for in next AwesomeMod.

As this has now been bumped, may I ask if the F.O.J. will say if he has had a chance to peruse the save I provided?
Verdict: MirellyWorld = . Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200. Your neighborhood appears to be a total loss and attempting to salvage it is unwise. I set debug traps in an attempt to catch the problem. The problem appears to be that your file data is full of invalid twaddle and when the game attempts to read it, it runs out of memories and goes boom. Because the data appears to be gibberish, I cannot think of any way to recover it as I do not have enough background information about your neighborhood to know what's supposed to be what.

Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2010 February 19, 19:30:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Verdict: MirellyWorld = .

Ah well. It was good while it lasted. It has definitely been getting rather "quirky" of late, the more so since WA was bolted on. I have more or less given up on the idea of succeeding in getting that fambly into a double digit generation ... pretty much par for the course. Time to retire to a safe distance and watch the pyrotechnics ... I wonder what the Russians are charging for a trip to the ISS. Roll Eyes

me shit
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 February 19, 21:30:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have earlier saves?  After every big event, I "save as" the next number.  I have had to go back a lot of saves before to get to a non-borked one, but it will help you keep something at least.  There are usually signs that something is a miss.   Usually, if you have to use a cheat to fix something.  It is better to abort and go to an earlier save and bypass the move that caused the error.
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2010 February 20, 01:28:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have earlier saves?
I do have earlier saves, but I am simply not anal enough to go back and relive the past.

me shit
friendlyquark
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 March 10, 18:09:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On a related note, when on vacation, my sims' kids show up in thunmbnails as infants again, even thought they are now teens. I suspect that there is some deep problem in WA that really borks family timelines. I am hack illiterate so I have no idea what the afore mentioned problem could be, but it seems to be EA once more being full with the stupid.
WaterWitch
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 March 10, 20:55:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On a related note, when on vacation, my sims' kids show up in thunmbnails as infants again, even thought they are now teens. I suspect that there is some deep problem in WA that really borks family timelines. I am hack illiterate so I have no idea what the afore mentioned problem could be, but it seems to be EA once more being full with the stupid.

That's happened to me a few times, as well.  Pretty much every time I try to take a family on vacation, it seems like they come back broken in some way or another.
Zamboni
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 March 11, 00:20:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also have experienced the tree problem with my oldest sim, who is made immortal by a constant supply of ambrosia and virgin blood. She started out as the subject of an incest experiment for me to determine how many generations apart can family members interbreed. Turns out the number is over nine thousand.

In any case, I named them alphabetically denoting generation. The sim in question is generation A (ie. one), and the current generation is J (ie. 10). Gen A sim is the only one experiencing the broken tree button. All other gens appear to be fine. However should I trace the tree up from the 10th gen the trees unlink at 4th or 5th gen. Some other 2nd and 3rd gen sims also show floating trees in which the lines linking the tree / thumbnails no longer exist.

Oh well, game still works so whatever. For an EA product this already exceeds all expectations. LOL

ps. incest (if you want to call that still) enabled on 2nd cousins I believe. However interbreeding causes *bleep* up trees.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: