More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:12:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  McDermotts can't return home from France
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: McDermotts can't return home from France  (Read 16337 times)
anachronista
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
McDermotts can't return home from France
« on: 2010 February 14, 18:20:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The younger McDermott boy from the infamous Riverview has grown up and is at his french vacation home with his french wife who now has a bun in the oven. They still live on the Riverview farm with mom and the older brother whose home-grown wife also is pregnant.

The stroke of midnight comes and it's time to go home but on the transit screen the green bar loads to only about 1/10th and then won't progress any farther. Ever. It seems like I've read that this indicates a corrupted lot or neighborhood.

So is this a hopeless scenario and will I have to just flush the McDermotts? 
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: McDermotts can't return home from France
« Reply #1 on: 2010 February 14, 18:23:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 February 14, 19:32:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try reinstalling Riverview; if the game cannot read the Riverview World file then it cannot load your hood. Also, if you have your .dbc files in Mods then put the World file alongside the Sunset world in Program Files\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3\ GameData\ Shared\ NonPackaged\ Worlds; otherwise keep it in Documents\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3\ InstalledWorlds.
anachronista
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 February 14, 23:08:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for responding, Simsample. I pulled out my saves, uninstalled Riverview, reinstalled Riverview and put my saves back in, but no luck. Still getting the transfer hang up.  Cry Makes me inclined to think that Riverview isn't the problem. I have no .dbc files anywhere, so I didn't go with your further recommendations.

Hoping I won't have to resort to Pescado's option....
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 February 14, 23:41:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no .dbc files anywhere, so I didn't go with your further recommendations.
I hope you have, because if you don't then Riverview isn't fully installed! Check your DCCache folder.

Sorry my solution didn't help.
anachronista
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 February 15, 01:39:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oops!

Yep, there is a .dbc file in the DCCache folder. I thought that you meant only in the game files under Program Files, namely Mods.
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 February 15, 04:30:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oops!

Yep, there is a .dbc file in the DCCache folder. I thought that you meant only in the game files under Program Files, namely Mods.

Maybe it is because she is pregnant and it won't let her travel and then it gets confused.  Falconpunch the baby and then try letting them go home.
anachronista
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 February 15, 05:31:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seriously? You can do that? How?

Edit: Never mind, just found it under AwesomeMod.  Grin

I was wondering if the pregnancy had something to do with it. Wasn't sure sims were allowed to get pregnant on vacation in 3 as they were in 2.

Seems like I just get a lot of time invested in a family and something always makes an unsalvageable mess of it and then it has to be flushed.  Sad This isn't the first time. I hate this game. Angry I should quit. Sorry about moaning.
« Last Edit: 2010 February 15, 05:38:54 by anachronista » Logged
Rhumba
Asinine Airhead

I forgot who I stole this avatar from.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 February 15, 14:49:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sure, they can get pregnant on holiday, but just like 2, in 3 the bun doesn't cook in the oven. At least that's been what happened to a couple I sent to France. Pregnancy resumed like normal once they returned, since sims don't age on vacation.

A day 2 or 3 preggo sim wouldn't be allowed to travel from her homeworld at all. 

Now that I think of it, I think the couple I had get preggo on vacation was the older McDermott boy and his wife who I made in CAS. This was a couple of patches ago (1.7/2.33), and before I installed AM to the game.
anachronista
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 February 15, 17:18:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Falconpunch failed. But thanks, imyourboy for the suggestion and to Rhumba for the good info.

I had AM on board when I started playing Sims 3. Game was so buggy and frustrating I quit for a while and took it back up when WA came out. I think I'm about at that want-to-quit point again, but it's great to reinstall AM and see how it's evolved.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 February 15, 21:11:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It might help to go back to the beginning. Can you think of anything you might have changed, or any mods you might have added/removed, patches installed, etc since sending the family on vacation?

Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 February 15, 22:45:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wanted to mention that this happened to one of my saved games, too. It was SV, not Riverview, but my Sim couple got stuck in France and I was never able to get them home even after trying all kinds of things. I tried reset <name of sim> & reset world, I tried to send them home early and I tried to let the game do it when the time was up, but the main 'hood would never load and I would end up back in France with no sims to control at all. One time I selected another household to play after that, which was interesting. I didn't try to save it, of course. Anyway there's a kajillion complaints in one or more threads over on the EA BB about the game eating players' sims while on vacation. OM NOM NOM

Other SV saved games worked fine for me, so I can only conclude that Pes is correct, this particular 'hood turned into a BFBVFS. I did get one suggestion from someone on the BB that I now use - if I ever have to save a game while in a vacation world (which I usually tried to avoid doing in the first place), I use the "save as" command so that I don't lose my whole neighborhood. Of course if the 'hood is about to asplode this would just be a temporary fix, but it might give me a chance to save some things from that game before it goes up in a big fiery ball.

Cathy
Blathering Buffoon

Heavy Sleper

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 February 15, 23:18:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You mean he had to stay in Champ les Sims forever?  Huh

anachronista
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 February 16, 03:32:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You may be on to something, Ellatrue. I think it happened when that EADM patch came out.

All my other games are working fine as well, Tangie. I might try one or two things before totally giving up, but it's probably time for Pescado's nuclear option.

After raising those cute boys up, roping in one bride, (she had commitment issues) importing another and getting them both pregnant.....

Oh, the humanity!!

Thanks, everyone.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 February 16, 04:23:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As a last resort, you can send your save and I will take a look.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
anachronista
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 February 16, 16:13:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you very much for that offer. I'll let you know as soon as it's uploaded.  Smiley
ramseyazad
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 February 23, 13:37:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same problem - took me ages to figure out that being preggers borked the vacation.  It was a quickie tfb in the tent at the general store just before they went home.  Wanted a souvenir from their trip. . .After the 'going home' loading screen finished, bfbvfs happend and I was left twiddling my thumbs in france with no sims.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 February 23, 23:04:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have reviewed your save file. It is corrupt and cannot be opened by any unzipper. DO NOT UPLOAD BINARY FILES IN ASCII MODE.

ramseyazad
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 February 23, 23:50:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pes, if you want, I can upload a similar save file, but I don't know which file or where to upload it to.  I R not awesome, but I haz borked save.  I loaded it over and over again wondering if EA majiks would suddenly work. 
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010 February 24, 00:04:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can post it somewhere on your website, or up it to my FTP.

Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010 February 24, 01:52:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're curious enough to take a look, here's a link to my broken game with sims stuck in France: http://www.mediafire.com/file/nezloiyyhz5/SV McShane WA.sims3.7z

Easier
Tasty Tourist

Where's the frickin' pause button?!?!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010 February 25, 23:25:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a sim stuck in France as well.  Two sims from an overstuffed family went there.  One sim went home early and the other remained for a few more days.  There should be no pregnancy involved.  The trip began with AM build 02/15/2010 14:44:28, and was later updated to build 02/25/2010 06:17:46.  

Edit:  I went back to the first save in France using the build from 02/15/2010 and the sim was able to return home.  I'll test all the saves to determine when travelling home was not an option.

Okay it doesn't seem to be related to updating from the 02/15/2010 version to the 02/25/2010 version of AM.  
« Last Edit: 2010 February 26, 04:27:42 by Easier » Logged

Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: