More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 09:06:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Can't patch Sims 3 properly.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can't patch Sims 3 properly.  (Read 4579 times)
Kiprusoff
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Can't patch Sims 3 properly.
« on: 2010 February 26, 12:16:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There might be a big-patch thread so if this needs to be merged, I apologize.

I discovered this forum because I was googling my Sim 3 errors and I ended up here. I followed the advice stated in one of the threads to uninstall everything, and reinstall The Sims 3 step by step, patch by patch, without the assistance of the game launcher. And I did so. Around patch 1.8+ I noticed that the launcher said "There was an error during startup. Please see the Log for more details"

This is the same error I keep getting when I used the launcher to update from base game to 1.10. I don't know how to fix this error. I've uninstalled everything, followed exact instructions to delete all traces of Sims and EA from my system, and reinstalled. And everything appears to be fine until I install one of the patches.

None of my Sims 3 content, at this point, is arr'd. It's all original off the official DVD. I'm completely baffled and I have no clue why this isn't working. Because apparently I should be able to install every patch without problem. Nothing is modded, nothing is arr'd, it's just the original game. In addition I also took the liberty of uninstalling EADM too, which was supposedly responsible for some problems.

If I could find the logs I would gladly post them up here, but I have no idea where the logs might be.
Kiprusoff
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Can't patch Sims 3 properly.
« Reply #1 on: 2010 February 26, 14:22:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I'm finally starting to determine why this is happening. I just uninstalled Sims 3 and I was told that another expansion was installed, even though I had deleted and uninstalled every trace of expansion. I will try again, but that is probably the reason why I patched Sims 3 to 1.10 and still get errors.

If things continue to mess up like this I will just keep the patch at 1.7 and neglect updating any more. Any patch after that is just trouble so far.
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 February 26, 18:40:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If things continue to mess up like this I will just keep the patch at 1.7 and neglect updating any more. Any patch after that is just trouble so far.

Or maybe you are just too stupid to be able to patch properly, something even most of the BBS sheeple somehow manage to do.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
Kiprusoff
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 February 26, 19:24:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What do you mean? I patched everything using the individual patches, not the launcher.

If there's something I need to know to patch properly, could you tell me please? Thanks.

Edit: After further research I realized that the game has the launcher error after 1.6.6 or later patches are installed. So how can this be rectified? I've done Google searches on this, and checked the BBS forums, to no avail. All the posts there talk about custom content, which hasn't been applied to the base game yet.
« Last Edit: 2010 February 26, 19:37:44 by Kiprusoff » Logged
Whako
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 February 27, 01:25:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

22:28   Tigerlilley   
Ok, cuz where I come from your name reads like Fucko
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 February 27, 05:37:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good lordy Wafflecat, but I do hate receiving retarded PMcaeks. THIS IS MATY. If you have something insulting to say, do so publicly and unashamedly. All this passive-aggressive bullcrap of PMcaeks meant to I don't even know what is just ridiculous. RETARDS: MORONIC PMCAEKS WILL be published for collective P&L value. If I ever DO receive an actual PM with actual important or interesting info, I won't publish that, but this shit is going UP.

I don't know what you're talking about, and I've tried to google a solution to these patching issues for a long time now. I'm not one who frequently hangs around Sim 3 forums, so I don't have a clue how to deal with this issue. And I searched through google on several sites, including the official forums, and I still can't find any kind of solution that indicates how to patch successfully after 1.4.

If you know how, could you please tell me? Maybe you could be less of an ass, and just post a link, and I'll go away. But your vague answer gives little clue on how to handle my situation.

NO, I will NOT please tell you. Use the search button for this forum, preferably the one that says "Advanced Search". I am not your mom, I am not here to spoonfeed your imbecilic, entitled, speshul snowflake ass just because you are too lazy to search MATY for an answer given over 9000 times.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: