More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 09:45:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  TS3 Base Game is incompatible with the current Sims 3 Expansion Pack
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TS3 Base Game is incompatible with the current Sims 3 Expansion Pack  (Read 65796 times)
seanzol
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
TS3 Base Game is incompatible with the current Sims 3 Expansion Pack
« on: 2009 December 17, 17:44:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hopefully this question hasn't already been asked, I searched and couldn't find anything on it.

I removed the Mods folder and framework from my WA folder, and then updated my install to version 2.3.33. Now whenever I attempt to run WA, I get the following error message - "Unable to start game; Your The Sims 3 Base Game is incompatible with the current Sims 3 Expansion Pack. Please update your game via the game launcher." However, when I open the launcher, it says that I am updated to the latest version (I tried both the Base Game launcher, and the WA one).

I have a legit copy of TS3, with an arr'd copy of WA, but I've never had issues with updating before this. I don't use an .exe crack to get around the CD requirement, I had the NRaas No-CD mod installed previously (currently I have AwesomeMod set up, including the proper framework - trying it without anything yielded the same result). I cleared out the cache files, and have installed CAW, but have not yet run it. I also checked in the registry, the SKU and locale codes and such all match.

Any help would be appreciated, and if a full reinstall is needed, it's not a big deal.
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
Re: TS3 Base Game is incompatible with the current Sims 3 Expansion Pack
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 17, 18:03:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The base game needs to update to 1.8 in addition to WA having to update to 2.3, apparently. EA Download manager is said to work for patching arred games, so install EADM, patch through that, then uninstall EADM if you so desire.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
seanzol
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 17, 18:52:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only thing EADM wanted to install was The Sims 2 Store Edition, but I did find a workaround. I downloaded the 1.7.9 to 1.8 patch from SimPrograms, and everything is working again, including AM. Thanks for your help, I would've never suspected that to be the issue.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 18, 23:58:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After backing up all my files, I updated through the launcher. It seemed to patch just fine, but after it finished installing, I got an error box that popped up saying "Your The Sims 3 Base Game is incompatible with the current Sims 3 Expansion Pack. Please update your game via the game launcher." The only problem is, it's saying my game is up to date, showing it's version 2.3.33.003002. So I downloaded the 1.7.9 to 1.8.25 patch from the first page on the thread talking about the patch, but that's not working either. It tells me "The setup has detected that the installed game region for this update is incorrect. This update requires a different game region in order to be installed." I have a store bought base game and the Reloaded version of WA, so I had to change my region from 1 to 7 in regedit to install WA. I thought maybe this was the cause of the error, so I changed the region back to 1, tried the patch, and got the same error. So what region code does it want? This is the first time I've had any issues with getting a patch installed. Before installing WA, I reinstalled the game, patched it through the launcher, installed WA and patched it as well. Did I mess up by patching WA first? I didn't see any option to patch the base game via the launcher, but maybe it's because I didn't use the base game launcher.
dilpill
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 19, 00:08:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happened to me too. I didn't install the latest patch when I installed WA, so I was stuck with the odd 1.5 version of the base game. I couldn't find a version of the patch that could go from 1.5 to anything else, and I didn't want to install the EADM, so I just uninstalled everything. I'm planning to reinstall the game later today, installing the patches and WA in the proper order.

ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 December 19, 05:45:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Crap. I was hoping I wouldn't have to reinstall. How can I tell which version my base game is patched to anyway? I just reinstalled before installing WA, so I don't want the same thing to happen again. If I move the DCCache and Downloads folders back after reinstalling, I won't have to reinstall the Sims3Pack content again, will I?

EDIT: Well, I uninstalled again, patched the base game through the launcher, installed WA and patched and now it seems ok. It's not giving me any error like earlier and it says it's up to date. Now I just have to put all my downloads and the framework back. I really hope I won't have to keep reinstalling the game everytime a new patch or expansion comes out.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 19, 23:22:46 by ShortyBoo » Logged
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 December 20, 20:05:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Patching from 1.7.9 to 1.8.25 worked fine for me after trying several versions of the patch.

Using the worldwide (.0002) version did not work, even after changing the SKU value in registry.  It would read "invalid file found".

However, using the US version (.0001) worked fine.  If at first you don't succeed, try another version of the patch (and make sure your SKU value is set for the appropriate region).

Tribulatio proxima est
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 December 21, 22:55:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I finally played for the first time since reinstalling & patching earlier today. I was able to play for a few hours, but just as I was finishing decorating a new house, the game crashed to the desktop. Figures.  Roll Eyes I don't know why I thought the patch would actually fix any real problems. Has anyone figured out what's causing the access_violation reading address exceptions yet? I've been getting them consistently since I installed WA. Actually, I don't think I've quit the game on my own since installing WA. I simply don't restart the game after a crash.
htksos
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 December 22, 17:28:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this problem. Then I discovered how to get the patches. I had 3.5 something, and could not find the patch.

First, notice the format of the patch files: Sims3_<newversion>_from_<oldversion>
Next, notice the url of nearly every link to the patches: http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/<filename>
Then, Figure out what version you have by examining the skuversion.txt. Finaly, Put it all together with the version you want th get the magic URL.

akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/Sims3_1.6.6.002001_from_1.5.82.002001.exe
artfuleye
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 January 11, 21:58:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always make a habit of keeping a bak-up copy of ts3 before upgrades. I bought ts3 when I was having trouble with upgrading to wa. After I installed ts3 ,I and it upgraded to 1.7.9, I was able to install rld-s3wa(a torrent of word adventures). I lost my hard drive and had to start over. I reinstalled ts3.  I couldn't get wa to work until I deleted the whole ts3 folder and replaced it with the 1.7.9 folder. Then I ran the TS3 application ,not the launcher, and it picked  up on my wa. Sounds strange, but I hav been running it ,so far it works.
Vylaina
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 January 16, 03:49:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just wanted to say thanks to the people who replied to this thread. I've searched in a lot of places for the answer to this irritating issue and this is the only place I've found it. THANK YOU!
EA has some serious issues it has to deal with.  Sad

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils. - Louis Hector Berlioz
mourning.glory
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 February 21, 18:38:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry for the necromancy, but I am having this problem and am totally stumped. I have completely patched the Base game, and it didn't fix the problem. I have reinstalled several times, with the same problem each time (I also deleted all the extra files left behind, along with the entries in the registry on each uninstall). I have even tried not patching at all, and letting the WA installer do it. I don't want to use the launcher, and I don't think it would help at all since I am completely patched anyway. Do I have any other options, or am I just totally screwed?
geminijd
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 February 24, 04:24:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was having the same problem and found that I had to patch my game up to 1.10 before installing WA.  Now my game is running smoothly including cc and Riverview.  I patched up to 2.5.   I followed the instructions in the 20th post of this thread  http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,18002.0.html
« Last Edit: 2010 February 24, 04:32:20 by geminijd » Logged
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 February 25, 20:13:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1.6 patches from 1.5 (ie 1.6 to X patches can be run on a 1.5 version game). That's how I did it when I got this error. Read the thread on installing TS3, WA &/or HELS for further information on the best way to patch this monster.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: