More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 13:20:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Sims3packs - a few questions about getting them in my game
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims3packs - a few questions about getting them in my game  (Read 4371 times)
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Sims3packs - a few questions about getting them in my game
« on: 2010 February 13, 15:24:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I just last night started putting CC in my game (had to get it working first, you know). And in my ignorance I used Delphy's Multi-installer but now I see that Pescado has something called the Ts3Recompressor. Should that be used instead? Or is that an unrelated tool just meant for fixing broken sims3packs?

Thanks.

INTJ
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Sims3packs - a few questions about getting them in my game
« Reply #1 on: 2010 February 13, 17:16:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

s3rc compressorizes, and can fix, crapulated Sims3Packs that will behave like they are installing, but then don't install (delete DCBackup first!), if used with the right options. This allows you to install Sims3Packs using the Launcher again, if they were damaged. If you have previously used Sims3Packs that no longer work, you need to then cleanse the damaged data out of your saved files as well, by decrapifying those, too.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 February 13, 17:49:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So Sims3packs should be installed with the launcher? I have avoided using the launcher at all as I understood it was evil. I used Delphy's tool to convert the sims3packs to .package-files and put them in the Packages-folder under Mods. I haven't gotten them to show up yet but that may have been because I put them in the Packages-folder under HELS instead of the base game (trying that next after work).

Do the sims3packs need to be installed with the launcher again because of the recent patch? I understand it has made problems with CC not showing up.

INTJ
ChilltownNJ
Blathering Buffoon

Go head, Pull it, I Dare U!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 February 13, 17:58:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used Delphy's tool to convert the sims3packs to .package-files and put them in the Packages-folder under Mods. I haven't gotten them to show up yet but that may have been because I put them in the Packages-folder under HELS instead of the base game (trying that next after work).

Sounds to me like a Framework FAIL or a  Resource.cfg fail.  Have you extracted the framework into the "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff" folder?  If done correctly it adds a folder called Mods to that directory.  In the "Mod" folder contains 2 folders, "Files" and "Packages".  Your .package files whether they are CC or MODS go into the "Packages" folder.

Also, I have shifted all my mods and CC back into "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages" folder, just to keep things in one central location, and not have to move things around everytime an EP or SP is installed.
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 February 13, 18:10:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not framework fail, awesome mod works.  Wink

INTJ
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: