More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 13:38:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Broken Mood Meter
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Broken Mood Meter  (Read 15993 times)
Menchii
Asinine Airhead

Standing Kitteh!!

View Profile
Broken Mood Meter
« on: 2010 January 11, 10:01:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim's mood meter seems to be stuck in a permanent Elated (maxed) state.  No matter how low my sim's needs are the mood meter is still maxed or in the high greens.  I took AM out of my game and the meter went back to functioning normally.  I have WA and have AM installed into my base game's directory.  Did I find a new bug or am I just special? 

And, you know, rude, mean people want a place to call home, too. There are plenty of sugary nice places already. This ain't one of them.
spammer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Broken Mood Meter
« Reply #1 on: 2010 January 11, 13:34:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you're special, cause AFAIK you're supposed to put your mods into the last EP's directory and NOT in the base game's dir.
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 January 11, 16:01:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you're special, cause AFAIK you're supposed to put your mods into the last EP's directory and NOT in the base game's dir.

Tell that to the numerous people who have all their mods installed in ye olde place, myself included.  In my case, only the .dll was needed in the WA game/bin.
You had best make sure you have all the facts before you go spouting off, or word your advice to read as being opinion only.

Are you using any other mods?  Or were you?
This does sound special, as I would expect others to be complaining.  Perhaps your pants are tight?
Menchii
Asinine Airhead

Standing Kitteh!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 January 11, 21:03:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not a case of tight pants.  AM is the only mod I installed.  I just installed the Sims 3 plus World Adventures yesterday onto my freshly installed Windows 7 64bit.  I will see if Pes uploaded a newer version of AM today and try it out.  If it doesn't work I'll just play sans AM.  Too bad I will have to resinstall and not patch up fully to get my klepto working agian.   

And, you know, rude, mean people want a place to call home, too. There are plenty of sugary nice places already. This ain't one of them.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 January 12, 01:22:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mood is not directly controlled by sim motives, so it sounds like your game may actually be functioning normally. Mood is only affected by Moodlets. If you don't have any negative moodlets, and probably some positive ones, your sim will naturally have a good mood.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Menchii
Asinine Airhead

Standing Kitteh!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 January 12, 02:48:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The bar problem went away when I installed the freshest copy of AM.  I had the guy loaded up with negative moodlets before and he was still in the greens.  Problem moot now. 

Now I am just up doing voodoo debugging to figure out my massive lag problem.  The game thinks its a slideshow.   Graphic settings make no difference.  4 gigs of ram, quad core AMD, Windows 7 64bit.  Cleared cache many times.  Gonna search around more for answers.

mrclopes
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 February 08, 13:00:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed the same problem since I started playing with a grumpy one. I noticed his mood going up for no apparent reason at random times, and doesn't seem to happen to sims which I'm not controlling at the moment, only to the selected Sim. However, if I save then reload the game, the problem fix itself and his mood backs to normal.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2010 February 12, 04:22:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The bar problem went away when I installed the freshest copy of AM.  I had the guy loaded up with negative moodlets before and he was still in the greens.  Problem moot now. 

Now I am just up doing voodoo debugging to figure out my massive lag problem.  The game thinks its a slideshow.   Graphic settings make no difference.  4 gigs of ram, quad core AMD, Windows 7 64bit.  Cleared cache many times.  Gonna search around more for answers.

Go get process monitor from MTS, it will let you know if there are any files being loaded over and over causing lag. I have had 4 items do this - one being loaded over 9000 times during the test run.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: