More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 06:34:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Stuck in Sunset Valley School
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Stuck in Sunset Valley School  (Read 3122 times)
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Stuck in Sunset Valley School
« on: 2010 February 13, 00:59:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is probably old news, but I came in late playing SV. Well, I'm actually not playing SV. I transplanted the school to another hood.  Sims (adults) love to visit the school lot, and I found that they are unable to find path to leave.  What's wrong with it?  I often found them on the top (the playground), but couldn't find way to come down/go home. If I guide them step by step - first to the top of stairs, and then use stairs, and then get to the curb - and then they can go home.

I replaced all the stairs, but it has no effect.
« Last Edit: 2010 February 13, 01:08:32 by Lion » Logged

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Re: Stuck in Sunset Valley School
« Reply #1 on: 2010 February 13, 01:46:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

try resetSim. If that didn't work, something has gotten fucked up in your game
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 February 13, 02:02:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I transplanted the school to another hood.  

It is a bit of a long shot, but perhaps something went wrong when you packaged it up to move it to the new hood.  You might try tossing it in the garbage; go back to SV and repackage it; then see if you have better luck with it.   
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 February 13, 05:08:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I meant something might be wrong with the school the way it's built. And I thought if it is, then this must have been brought up already. It's not that bad. Sometimes they can even exit on their own (i.e., with the "go home" on their thumbnail). Like I said, they are not really stuck so no need to ResetSim. They just couldn't find the path to go down the stairs and exit the lot without me guiding them every step of the way. They have the path blocked bubble above their head.

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2010 February 13, 05:11:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it's the same type of portal corruption that happens to the criminal warehouse.

Goggalor
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 February 13, 10:33:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happened in one of my hoods, with a completely different lot. It turned out that the routing over one of the lot edges had gotten corrupt somehow, and if the sims were closest to this edge they would still try to route that way and then cancel out of the action. Just like on your lot they had to be manually told to go closer to another edge to be able to get out. Very annoying that they don't try another way on their own.

I don't remember what I did about it, but I probably just bulldozed and rebuilt it.

If it is the edge problem on your lot as well, then perhaps you could try to rotate the lot once, click accept, then rotate it back and see if that heals the routing. It could be possible since rotating a lot should conform the edges to the surrounding terrain, so at least it does something to the edges.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: