More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 14:14:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Flagrant System Error?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Flagrant System Error?  (Read 2688 times)
cannedsarcasm
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Flagrant System Error?
« on: 2010 February 11, 09:10:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Howdy. I've lurked this place for some time, but a recurrent error in my game has persuaded me to join and stick my head in the forums. Maybe something worthwhile will come of it.

The error is this: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/zeean/ohdear.png

I have received this type of error before, this is arguably the shortest one as the other errors have extended well beyond my screen dimensions. I've encountered this error in both Riverview and Sunset Valley. This particular error coincided with with two of my sims leaving work, which makes sense compared to what I can decipher from the dialogue box. It's infrequent, I'd say I've had it about five times since installing Awesome in December or so.

I'm running base game, legal copy, patched up to 1.8.25.003002. I have the latest AM which functions just fine, I have no other mods. I can do a screencap of the CC in my folder if anyone thinks it's relevant. I also run Windows 7 on a system that is more than adequate for the game's system requirements. If I get the error again whilst playing tonight, I'll be sure to post screencaps of them also.

Finally, to be as clear as possible: however much I wish otherwise, I have no experience in modding or scripting or things that involve tampering with the files given to me by the game. On the other hand, I follow directions very well.

Anyway - if anyone has appropriate solutions or explanations, that would be rad. Thanks.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Flagrant System Error?
« Reply #1 on: 2010 February 11, 09:21:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks like some kind of EAxis bug. You should update to the latest patch.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ChilltownNJ
Blathering Buffoon

Go head, Pull it, I Dare U!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 February 11, 10:19:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Around here, when Pescado updates, WE UPDATE!
cannedsarcasm
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 February 11, 11:26:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks like some kind of EAxis bug. You should update to the latest patch.

Duly noted, I'll prod that in the morn.

I also have a sim in the criminal career track who, on two occasions on levels 6 and 7, did not have a carpool turn up. The hours counted down normally, but after the carpool hadn't turned up by the time work started, the count clocked over to "23 hours" or whatever it's meant to be. So, although they did not receive a penalty, they had to wait until the following work day to go to work again. Neither resetsim nor backtowork changed it, I didn't expect them to but thought it was worth a shot.

Would that be related to the flagrant system error, and/or something else hopefully resolved by patching?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 February 11, 11:57:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No idea, never seen anything like that.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
cannedsarcasm
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 February 11, 12:10:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll try and grab screenies of that too, then, should it happen again. Thanks, though.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: