More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 22:23:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  those motherfuckers.... 1.10.6???
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: those motherfuckers.... 1.10.6???  (Read 26636 times)
RayeNation
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: those motherfuckers.... 1.10.6???
« Reply #25 on: 2010 February 11, 00:59:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bald head syndrome is an ID-10-T error. Also known as, DELETE YOUR FUCKING CACHE FILES.

And DELETE YOUR FUCKING CACHE FILES = I already did dickweed XD..and it's an error that has to do with Mac OS and newer patches, which means I'm just utterly screwed until EA grows some and fixes it.
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010 February 11, 01:29:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bald head syndrome is an ID-10-T error. Also known as, DELETE YOUR FUCKING CACHE FILES.

And DELETE YOUR FUCKING CACHE FILES = I already did dickweed XD..and it's an error that has to do with Mac OS and newer patches, which means I'm just utterly screwed until EA grows some and fixes it.

Oh, is that why the game works just fine for me? Try again. Delete them again. Sometimes it takes a few to stick, but I assure you, it does stick. One time it took me ten tries.

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
WWETorriefan
Asinine Airhead

The New Noob.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010 February 11, 05:34:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're just jealous about Pescado beating their shit. They didn't even care about fixing sims3pack files.

Full lips, small head!
RayeNation
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010 February 13, 02:44:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, is that why the game works just fine for me? Try again. Delete them again. Sometimes it takes a few to stick, but I assure you, it does stick. One time it took me ten tries.

Delete Cache Fail ...
lauralai
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010 February 16, 00:54:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok. I have updates 3.1 and 10.10... shouldn't my game be working fine with AM? The laucher says it's version 2.5.12.004001.  I'm really confused and just want to play my game, please help. (and yes I have reomved all mods and AM is the only one giving me issues, and I really don't want to get rid of it)
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010 February 16, 02:16:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok. I have updates 3.1 and 10.10... shouldn't my game be working fine with AM? The laucher says it's version 2.5.12.004001.  I'm really confused and just want to play my game, please help. (and yes I have reomved all mods and AM is the only one giving me issues, and I really don't want to get rid of it)

Let's go through this by steps:
1) Download and install new patches.  I would skip the launcher part of all this, but if it works for you, we'll let that pass.
2) Download latest version of AM (did you remember to do this?)
3) Install AM as per directions.  It does not hurt, and might help, to update your configuration file.
4) Run game.
5) Work on your spelling (nothing to do with the game, but vital at MATY).

Tribulatio proxima est
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2010 February 16, 04:06:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, assuming that this is the same bug that occurred in OS X a few patches back, the baldness problem is basically random and doesn't seem to be triggered by anything. Deleting your caches sometimes helps, but sometimes it doesn't. Occasionally, a complete restart of the computer does the trick. Deleting the caches doesn't guarantee a permanent solution, or even a temporary one. It's total voodoo, and a serious pain in the ass.

I sing along with elevator music.
jtrazz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2010 February 17, 20:32:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game is trying to make me update too. When the launcher loads, it tells me my base game is incompatible with my expansion pack. But it IS compatible with WA because I have all the updates up to 1.10.6 and I don't have Loft Stuff. It won't let me click play or anything else on the launcher except to update. I tried updating and it told me there was a script error, which I assume is because I don't have Loft Stuff? So I can't update or play my game.
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2010 February 18, 03:22:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game is trying to make me update too. When the launcher loads, it tells me my base game is incompatible with my expansion pack. But it IS compatible with WA because I have all the updates up to 1.10.6 and I don't have Loft Stuff. It won't let me click play or anything else on the launcher except to update. I tried updating and it told me there was a script error, which I assume is because I don't have Loft Stuff? So I can't update or play my game.

Have you tried starting the game by bypassing the launcher? Because it sounds like you are only starting the game using the launcher. That is a bad idea anyway. The launcher is EVIL. If you want a good combo, download 3booter and add FPSlimiter. 3booter will start your game and FPSlimiter, bypassing the launcher. FPSlimiter is cool because it keeps TS3 from frying your video card. Search these forums for more info on both.

If you don't want to use these programs, you can still start your game bypassing the launcher by going to program files/electronic arts/game/bin/TS3.exe or something like that. Double click on TS3.exe.

INTP.
jtrazz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2010 February 18, 04:29:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok, thanks. i know this wasn't an AM problem, but the sims 3 forums aren't loading for some reason.  Undecided
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2010 February 18, 11:32:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you updated the base game, did you WA also update?  That may be why your getting an incompatibility error.

As you have been advised, don't start from the launcher.  If I remember correctly, the AM bypass for the CD check, that is being able to play without the CD, doesn't work when using the launcher, as the launcher has it's own CD check which is unaffected by AM, another benefit of bypassing the launcher.

I would highly recommend using 3booter and he FPSlimiter.  Both very, very easy to install and use, if you can follow directions that is, and is a great safeguard for that expensive graphics card.  I started using them a while back, and haven't regretted it.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Willee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2010 February 20, 12:34:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having the same problem as jtrazz.  I have legal versions of Base and WA but no other expansion pack and I play with the CD in.  I updated the patches via the launcher and then I hit the 1.8 to 1.10 problem where it tells me after downloading gazillions of megabytes of 1.10 patch that it is incompatible with the base game and please update via the launcher.  Well I fucking did that - twice.  So I took advice above and tried to launch via the .exe but still no joy - coming up with same incompatibility error.  

The EADM regenerated itself so I started process again - still no joy?  Very frustrated. Does anyone recommend uninstalling base and WA? Will that help?
« Last Edit: 2010 February 20, 16:06:52 by Willee » Logged
ChilltownNJ
Blathering Buffoon

Go head, Pull it, I Dare U!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2010 February 21, 03:01:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and I quote,
Never trust EA crapware. always do it manually!

Nuff Said!

Edit:  To actually offer some help...

If your base game is incompatible with the EP than nothing you will do, outside of getting things compatible, will help.

What version does the launcher say you have?
What version was the base game prior to you installing WA?
« Last Edit: 2010 February 21, 03:15:44 by ChilltownNJ » Logged
Willee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2010 February 21, 13:33:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and I quote,
Never trust EA crapware. always do it manually!

Nuff Said!

Edit:  To actually offer some help...

If your base game is incompatible with the EP than nothing you will do, outside of getting things compatible, will help.

What version does the launcher say you have?
What version was the base game prior to you installing WA?

ThanksChilltown

The launcher says I have version 2.5.12 but it says I need to update game from 1.8.25 to 1.10.6, if that makes any sense.

I truly can't remember what version it was pre WA.

Think I am going to have to reinstall the two games again but not via the launcher.  Oh the pain of it because I am really not sure what to patch with from base game.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2010 February 21, 14:49:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The launcher says I have version 2.5.12 but it says I need to update game from 1.8.25 to 1.10.6, if that makes any sense.

I truly can't remember what version it was pre WA.

Think I am going to have to reinstall the two games again but not via the launcher.  Oh the pain of it because I am really not sure what to patch with from base game.

That makes sense.  The base game should be at 1.10.  That's why your getting the errors.  Download and install the patches manually, you can get them here http://www.simprograms.com/the-sims-3-patches/

You should be able to apply the relevant base game patches without causing too much trouble.  I would recommend making a back-up of your saves, and consider starting a fresh game to make sure everything works properly, just in case an old save is borked, which happens.

I also found this tool http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=387006 very useful.  The dashboard will check your game versions and let you know if any CC is corrupted, and can usually fix them, and also highlight possible mod conflicts.  Using this I found that WA hadn't updated properly, BG was 1.10, WA was 2.3 and HELS was 3.1, manually applied the updates to WA, and no problems.  No need to reinstall everything.
« Last Edit: 2010 February 22, 10:54:39 by wizard_merlin » Logged

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
jtrazz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2010 February 21, 17:43:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried installing the patches manually from simsprograms.com and I still got the "invalid file found" error. That website said to look at Delphy's Patch Log Viewer if I had that problem. I tried the log viewer and it told me I had a problem applying DFC update for 'Game\Bin\code_version.txt'.  Huh I have no idea what that means or how to fix it.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2010 February 21, 18:51:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

codeversion.txt errors mean YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG. Wipe everything and start over from a clean install.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jtrazz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2010 February 22, 00:58:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok I reinstalled everything, and the patch installed this time. Now all I need to do is make sure my game and cc runs correctly...
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2010 February 22, 01:32:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok I reinstalled everything, and the patch installed this time. Now all I need to do is make sure my game and cc runs correctly...

Uh. Okay. What makes you think we care?

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
Willee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2010 February 22, 06:04:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Wizard Merlin.  I appreciate the civility and the help.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2010 February 22, 06:30:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Wizard Merlin.  I appreciate the civility and the help.

Sorry, only negative reinforcement works here - antimatter, you know.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
jtrazz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2010 February 23, 20:21:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh. Okay. What makes you think we care?

um, because it takes time and patience to help others and I wanted to let the people who helped me know that they're not just wasting they're time and I'm actually listening to them
airilina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2010 February 23, 20:35:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

um, because it takes time and patience to help others and I wanted to let the people who helped me know that they're not just wasting they're time and I'm actually listening to them

Usually one would only post if the problem still occurs.  Otherwise, when someone has gone silent it is generally assumed that the problem has been fixed.  No need to let everyone else know.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: