More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 01:06:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  New Patch 1.10/2.5/3.1
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New Patch 1.10/2.5/3.1  (Read 35344 times)
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
Re: New Patch 1.10/2.5/3.1
« Reply #25 on: 2010 February 10, 18:32:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm really annoyed that JM is forcing us to patch up to use AM. For the love of heavy machinery, please leave a link somewhere with the old versions of AM. You could throw them on your MTS account or something.

Are they cupping your balls, Pescado? Why are you sleeping with the enemy?

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010 February 10, 19:21:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone else noticing really looooooooooooooong load times since patching up?  My load times were fine prepatch (I have all my arr'd store content in DBC files), but now I grow old and DIE waiting for the game to load.  I tried moving my hack folder out to see if it was an incompatible mod.  Didn't help.

I'm really annoyed that JM is forcing us to patch up to use AM.
Well, he comes right out and tells you he's obstreperous.  And yet you act surprised.  heh
« Last Edit: 2010 February 10, 20:50:08 by jeromycraig » Logged

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010 February 10, 22:18:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm really annoyed that JM is forcing us to patch up to use AM. For the love of heavy machinery, please leave a link somewhere with the old versions of AM. You could throw them on your MTS account or something.

There is a good reason that JM is only supplying one version and it has nothing to do with "sleeping with the enemy".  It's almost impossible for one person to support multiple versions of a core mod like AwesomeMod.  If he gives people access to older versions, he'll get lots more outdated bug reports and requests for new features that have already been implemented in the newest version and demands for removal of the expiry date.  Why would he want that kind of hassle?

If I could think of a good solution to these problems, I'd be willing to upload (unsupported) older versions for every patch level.
« Last Edit: 2010 February 10, 22:24:40 by Mootilda » Logged

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
Ioria
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010 February 10, 23:43:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone else noticing really looooooooooooooong load times since patching up?  My load times were fine prepatch (I have all my arr'd store content in DBC files), but now I grow old and DIE waiting for the game to load.  I tried moving my hack folder out to see if it was an incompatible mod.  Didn't help.

My game loads faster.
But I must add that cc on CAS takes a little longer to display and work.
I didn't clear my Cache files, so I guess the patch is somehow slowing down my game too.
Maybe you should try to take out you whole Mods folder to see if it there is some bad, unsupported cc inside.
I had an issue with two TSR dresses that made my loading time like HELL.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2010 February 11, 02:10:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Fixing" the packages made most work in the launcher. Cheesy I'll try later to extract the fixed ones that didnt work in the launcher.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010 February 11, 18:14:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a good reason that JM is only supplying one version and it has nothing to do with "sleeping with the enemy".  It's almost impossible for one person to support multiple versions of a core mod like AwesomeMod.  If he gives people access to older versions, he'll get lots more outdated bug reports and requests for new features that have already been implemented in the newest version and demands for removal of the expiry date.  Why would he want that kind of hassle?

If I could think of a good solution to these problems, I'd be willing to upload (unsupported) older versions for every patch level.

I understand all that yet it's still annoying. I bet most people here wouldn't even patch up if JM didn't update AM to work with the patch to begin with. Anyways, I'll just wait and see.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2010 February 11, 19:59:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I bet most people here wouldn't even patch up if JM didn't update AM to work with the patch to begin with.

Well we would eventually as expansions or even stuff packs are forcing updating.

Patching by itself is not a issue, things worked relative fine until the 1.8/2.3 patch were they decided to modify the launcher in a futile attempt to protect their rip-off Store, also the reason that happened is unlike TS2 were things were very open so the modding community could work with and not end up creating too many conflicts down the line, TS3 is the classic "closed" development were there is no communication, you have dig in and see how things works.

Also the side effect was now the community have a distrust of .sims3pack wrapper as we never know when they are going to start to mess around with the Launcher, the .package format is not something they can mess much with since its the basics of the game.

nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2010 February 12, 20:11:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get an "Invalid file found" error when trying to patch. It does not say the name of the file. I removed framework and all content, as well as cleared cache. Not using any modified .exe either.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2010 February 12, 20:27:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@nanacake

If you searched for "invalid file found," you'd have seen that there have been multiple users with the same problem. Some of the threads are a mess, though, so I'll tell you what worked for me half an hour ago :p

Check to see that you are using the original .exe file and the original TSLHost.dll in Game/Bin instead of a crack that came with a torrent. If you are using a nocd crack that replaced these files the patch installer will barf. Replace the cracked files with the originals and use Awesomemod for the nocd instead. Hope that works for you.

nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2010 February 12, 21:11:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check to see that you are using the original .exe file and the original TSLHost.dll in Game/Bin instead of a crack that came with a torrent.

No, I stopped using modified files/cracks when AM allowed no-cd checks. The only thing I can think otherwise of, is that the launcher broke a while back after WA. I never really bothered to fix it, since I don't use it. The launcher still opens, but new content and previous content could not be installed anymore. So, I moved my .dbc files to load with AM. All of that is safely out of the way on the desktop. The launcher is blocked from internet access, I have been downloading/ installing the patches manually. Not using the stupid EA Downloader, I'm out of ideas. The correct version is displayed in the launcher, likewise skuversion.txt, code_version.txt, and version.tag. What else could be considered an invalid file?

Edit:
I used the patch log viewer at MTS, it's saying there was an issue with skuversion.txt. Unfortunately, I have no idea why, because it looks legit and I haven't changed it. Will go to search to see if anyone uploaded a more recent bin folder on the forums.
« Last Edit: 2010 February 12, 21:30:15 by nanacake » Logged
Anonym
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2010 February 12, 22:46:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He could do what I've seen on other sites:  Have an "Unsupported Obsolete Versions" subsection underneath the Awesomemod board, with the last version of AM for each patch level.

In addition, on loading an obsolete version, instead of the Flagrant System Error that tells you you can't use AwesomeMod there could be a, just as big box saying, "You are running an obsolete version of Awesomemod.  DO NOT ASK for support at the site or we will just laugh at you!"

Note that just placing versions in an obsolete section usually is enough in itself to keep people from asking for support; it prevents it, for example, at NRaas.  But add in a very obnoxious pop-up when they begin and the meanness with which people asking for help with obsolete versions would meet with here, and I really think there would be at worst minimal disruption from people expecting support.
TheSimsandwich
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2010 February 12, 23:00:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He could do what I've seen on other sites:  Have an "Unsupported Obsolete Versions" subsection underneath the Awesomemod board, with the last version of AM for each patch level.

In addition, on loading an obsolete version, instead of the Flagrant System Error that tells you you can't use AwesomeMod there could be a, just as big box saying, "You are running an obsolete version of Awesomemod.  DO NOT ASK for support at the site or we will just laugh at you!"

Note that just placing versions in an obsolete section usually is enough in itself to keep people from asking for support; it prevents it, for example, at NRaas.  But add in a very obnoxious pop-up when they begin and the meanness with which people asking for help with obsolete versions would meet with here, and I really think there would be at worst minimal disruption from people expecting support.

Meh, his creation, his decision.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2010 February 13, 00:35:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't see why people are getting their panties in a bunch over patching, it's no harder or buggy that TS2 patches were. As for the laucher, there is a fix for the .sims3packs anyway.

hild
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2010 February 13, 00:41:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a similar problem with invalid file found. My problem was that I usually change the files to use more memory with this CFF explorer program, and I always forget to change it back to  when a new patch is released. 

I personally like the way he does it since it forces me to keep up to date in case if  I accidently download a version that may be buggy.   
Saikatsu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2010 February 13, 05:05:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No matter how many notices in any given format are forced upon the user, some people are still going to be brainless morons and completely ignore them.

There really isn't any reason to NOT patch for that long.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2010 February 13, 05:35:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question: does anyone have a direct link for this patch in mac form? My launcher is being exceedingly difficult.

I sing along with elevator music.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2010 February 13, 05:47:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Sims3programs site has some of the mac patches listed. http://www.simprograms.com/the-sims-3-patches/

OC
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2010 February 13, 13:31:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Damn you EA: Three patches now. What's going to happen when we're on EP8?

So I have decided to skip those stuff packs.
Will give me more trouble than fun.  Cheesy
LilyPig
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2010 February 14, 12:59:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just thought I'd point out that this patch doesn't actually work (or it hasn't for me)... I noticed earlier on when only patched to version 1.9/2.4 that I had no insects/seeds/rocks to collect in my game. The latest patch states -

# Fixes issues with the Input Method Editor for players on the Japanese SKU. Also addresses some functionality errors in the launcher.
# Fixes a bug that prevents collectible Beetles from showing up in game.
# Fixes a bug that causes Sims to teleport off of some of the new beds in SP01.
# Fixes crashes and stalls when multiple patches are being installed.

I decided to patch, safely (i.e. removed anything and everything that wasn't EA generated from my game). Loaded the game naked, nude, shirtless, bottomless... bollocks flapping in a gentle breeze with not even a pair of socks on... and nada, zilch, nought... still no insects/seeds/rocks.

I also loaded the game - fully clothed with thermal undies and a woolly hat that had a rather fashionable pink bobble on the top - just in case... same result. Nothing to collect.

Am I all alone in this? Billy no mates?

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2010 February 14, 17:10:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check to see that you are using the original .exe file and the original TSLHost.dll in Game/Bin instead of a crack that came with a torrent.

No, I stopped using modified files/cracks when AM allowed no-cd checks. The only thing I can think otherwise of, is that the launcher broke a while back after WA. I never really bothered to fix it, since I don't use it. The launcher still opens, but new content and previous content could not be installed anymore. So, I moved my .dbc files to load with AM. All of that is safely out of the way on the desktop. The launcher is blocked from internet access, I have been downloading/ installing the patches manually. Not using the stupid EA Downloader, I'm out of ideas. The correct version is displayed in the launcher, likewise skuversion.txt, code_version.txt, and version.tag. What else could be considered an invalid file?

Make sure you're using the same version of patch that you used before.  Even if I change the SKU entry in the registry from 2 to 1, I can not use the Region 1 patch.  Region 2 patch works fine for me.  Your problem may simply be an issue of patch version - try a different version.

Tribulatio proxima est
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2010 February 14, 21:30:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even if I change the SKU entry in the registry from 2 to 1, I can not use the Region 1 patch.  Region 2 patch works fine for me.  Your problem may simply be an issue of patch version - try a different version.

The SKU in registry says 2, and I used the Region 2 patch.

I am positive the only problem is with the skuversion.txt file. I had been behind in the patches, since I wasn't simming for two weeks or so. The 1.10 update stated I still have version 1.8.25.003002, and would not let me use the 1.10 patch. When I try to run the 1.9.22 patch updater, it said "Invalid File Found" with the skuversion.txt.

So, used the 1.8.25.003002 patch update installer, hoping it could fix the file by repatching. It states immediately that 'It is already installed, do you want to install anyways?'. I clicked yes, since this is what I want and when it arrives to the point for the skuversion.txt file (you can see the file names flashing by in the installing bar, the MTS patch log viewer also stated this error with the txt file: err0031) it comes up with "Invalid file found". Now, the later patches can't even load because they immediately say it requires the 1.8.25.003002 update and that it is the wrong update version.  I haven't had any success in manually editing the skuversion.txt to say 1.8.25.003002. or even changing it to say 1.7.9. It just starts installing but then it comes up to the point with skuversion.txt, it gives "Invalid File Found".

Replacing the file with a bin folder someone uploaded (just that file, not the entire bin!) didn't work either. Going to have to reinstall for a single text file?  Undecided

To be honest, I don't know if maybe it's another line in the text file that is wrong, I'll post what it currently is saved as:
GameVersion = 1.8.25.003002
Code:0.RL-2.0.79
Asset:1.Content.rl.10
Thumbnails:1.Thumbnail.dl.1173
TCC:1.TCC.dl.2052
CiderVersion#003332

I realize there is a space behind each line, and a space between GameVersion = number. That seems to be concurrent with the skuversion.txt file in the WA folder (which hasn't been modified at all, I have yet to patch the expansion).
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2010 February 15, 03:46:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe the region is set in regedit:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHING > SOFTWARE > Sims > The Sims 3 > SKU

Right click on SKU and change the value to whatever you need it to be.

INTJ
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2010 February 15, 03:49:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

People who can't patch are all FAILTARDS. I have the WORST example of a "stock" game, and I never have any problems.
Things that will cause you grief:
1. Messing with any of the core files. NEVER DO THIS.
2. INSTALLING THE WRONG VERSION. KNOW YOUR VERSION.
3. Trying to patch a game installed to a drive partition that is mounted as a directory, unix-style.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
lefty
Blathering Buffoon

Objecti- GAH!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: 2010 February 16, 01:11:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Being a complete failtard, I am also unable to patch. I had bought the original game when it first game out. Unwilling to buy WA, I decided to A'rr both versions as trying to install WA along with my legit Base game was proving difficult.
     Everything turned out peachy, until I realized no mods were working. After reinstalling a billion times and reading every damn framework thread on this site, I got it installed right. Or so I thought, everytime I tried to use AM it would freeze at the loading screen. After wading through many more threads I determined it was not a bad installation of the framework like I first thought. I figured my WA was outdated. My SKU.txt states "GameVersion = 2.0.86.002002 " so I attempted to use the Sims3_2.5.12.004002_from_2.4.7.004002 patch, and it looked like it was working fine, the program said it was updating from 2.00.86 to 2.5.12. Then I got the same error message as nanacake (Update Error: Invalide File Found). I have not cracked either the base game or WA on this fresh install, so I have no idea what I am doing wrong.
    Do I have to increment patches from whatever updated 2.0.86 to the next level and up bit by bit? The sku.txt in the bin for the base game says (1.5.82.002002 ) and the one for WA says (2.0.86.002002). Or am I missing something else completely? Thanks to anyone for any help, I've been trying to get AM to work for two days and I have very little hair left at this point.

Gosh.
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2010 February 16, 02:25:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I understand all that yet it's still annoying. I bet most people here wouldn't even patch up if JM didn't update AM to work with the patch to begin with. Anyways, I'll just wait and see.

Resistance is futile.  You will be assimilated. Tongue

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: