More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 15:02:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  No "backgrounds", missing text, and borked washer/dryer.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No "backgrounds", missing text, and borked washer/dryer.  (Read 4524 times)
penguinsane
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
No "backgrounds", missing text, and borked washer/dryer.
« on: 2010 June 09, 02:02:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wrestled with installing The Sims 3 last night, plus WA, HELS, and Ambitions. I finally got it figured out, including digging in the registry and changing the SKU to get around the regional code nonsense.

Now I'm getting a bunch of graphical errors - nothing positively game-breaking, but all quite annoying and only somewhat hindering.

1) The initial loading screen is fucked all to hell. There's no logo, the text that scrolls across the bottom is unreadable... it's like it exploded, it's a bright light. But I can see the loading bar at least, and it does load fine and go to the game selection menu.

2) When looking at the "Edit Town" menu and other things with the blue background (such as the tooltips of "always" "later" and "never" variety in the top right), there is no blue background and some buttons are missing icons. Also in Buy Mode and other places where there are tabs of items, there is the occasional tab with no symbol or checkbox without text beside it. Here's an example screenshot:

http://i45.tinypic.com/2yy1t1i.jpg

3) The washers and dryers are neither selectable or place-able. I see them in my Buy Mode tab, I can see their price if I hover over them, but not their name or description. So far, those are the only items I noticed with the problem, but there may be more.

I have not installed any hacks, this is a fresh install of the game. I will be attempting to reinstall at least Ambitions, since it seems like it may be the main issue.

Has anyone else run across anything similar? Any advice?
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: No "backgrounds", missing text, and borked washer/dryer.
« Reply #1 on: 2010 June 09, 14:41:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The install is corrupted. Uninstall and reinstall Ambitions first and see if it fixes the issue. If not, do all the others till it disappears. If it never does, the copy of one of the games is screwed and should be trashed.
penguinsane
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: No "backgrounds", missing text, and borked washer/dryer.
« Reply #2 on: 2010 June 09, 21:53:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I went ahead and uninstalled the entire game and did a fresh install, which fixed my problem right up. Thanks so much for your help!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: