More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 20:17:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  New Patch 1.10/2.5/3.1
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New Patch 1.10/2.5/3.1  (Read 35564 times)
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
New Patch 1.10/2.5/3.1
« on: 2010 February 09, 19:50:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't seen anything mentioned about this patch, just the previous 1.9/2.4/3.0 patch. I was installing a new world through the launcher when I noticed it said there was a new update. Of course, I didn't install it. It's just strange that they'd turn around and release a new patch so soon after the last one. Here's what it says about it on the official site:

Game Update for: 1.10/2.5/3.1

To install this update, please start your game and use the "Updates" tab in your Launcher.

This game update includes:

* Fixes issues with the Input Method Editor for players on the Japanese SKU. Also addresses some functionality errors in the launcher.
    * Fixes a bug that prevents collectible Beetles from showing up in game.
    * Fixes a bug that causes Sims to teleport off of some of the new beds in SP01.
    * Fixes crashes and stalls when multiple patches are being installed.
DigiGekko
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: New Patch 1.10/2.5/3.1
« Reply #1 on: 2010 February 09, 19:55:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting that they go on about 3rd party custom content and what to do with it. Either they're finally accepting that game is nearly unplayable without it, or they're trying to bork it for good.

Patch seems mostly pointless. I'll wait for the AM update this time.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 February 09, 20:04:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the reason they're mentioning cc is because they had issues with people reporting "bugs" that were just caused by not removing mods. This also happened in TS2, especially with people who had Inteen and didn't remove it before installing a new EP.
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 February 09, 20:06:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is the full version number?
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 February 09, 20:12:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is the full version number?

I don't know the full numbers for the 1.10 or 2.5, but the 3.1 update is 3.1.7.004001. That's all my launcher shows and I'm not about to update to find anything else out. I never install SPs, EPs, or patches before AM is updated to work with them.
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 February 09, 21:59:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, got the direct links if anyone cares. Change last numerical value to match appropriate region accordingly. Patches are 23.8mb, 32.3mb and 21.8mb respectively:
http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/Sims3_1.10.6.004002_from_1.9.22.004002.exe
http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/Sims3_2.5.12.004002_from_2.4.7.004002.exe
http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/Sims3_3.1.7.004001_from_3.0.38.004001.exe
« Last Edit: 2010 February 11, 18:55:11 by Roobs » Logged
Angie Baby
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 February 09, 22:36:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the last one I'm getting file not found.
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 February 09, 22:55:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah yes, it seems that only a Region 1 patch exists. Maybe they've realised what a nightmare this whole patching business is going to be when the inevitable 99 EPs come out.
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 February 10, 00:16:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like there's nothing there in that patch that fixes the things EA broke in the first place, i.e. the lighting and the CAS clothing filter - Yes, EA, isn't it great that every time my game spawns a new sim, they like to wear exactly the same clothes in ALL categories?

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 February 10, 00:36:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like there's nothing there in that patch that fixes the things EA broke in the first place, i.e. the lighting and the CAS clothing filter - Yes, EA, isn't it great that every time my game spawns a new sim, they like to wear exactly the same clothes in ALL categories?
The CAS clothing filter thing is probably not an EAxian issue, but I thought that was fixed ages ago. It's back?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 February 10, 01:13:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would seem so. I originally noticed it a few weeks ago when you added the "spawnmoreoverlords" command to AM, but today I started a fresh hood and immediately set about creating a new fambly in CAS before playing the game. Right from the off, in CAS the moment I switched from everyday to any other category, either the everyday or athletic clothes set would copy itself to all the remaining categories. So I'd have jeans/t-shirts/shoes in swimwear for example.

If it's not an EAxian thing, then it could be a mod conflict in my game. Right now, I'm using AM, NRaas Super Computer and NRaas Careers, so I'll have a play around removing different mods and seeing what happens.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
Turd Ferguson
Blathering Buffoon

Solving mysteries in a van

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 February 10, 02:03:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dont use any gameplay mods besides AwesomeMod and I noticed this too. Its a little annoying, but I'm trying to play a neighborhood consisting of only sims I've made. (NPCs not included.)

"There's a deep-seated paranoia that Americans have about not being Americans or something." - Billy Joel

"The problem with this country is that old fucks vote. We got shit to do, old folks don't, the only thing they have to do is judge you and vote." - Doug Stanhope
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 February 10, 02:10:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right from the off, in CAS the moment I switched from everyday to any other category, either the everyday or athletic clothes set would copy itself to all the remaining categories.

You are not the only one.  AM is the only mod I have running right now (Unless more realistic skin with non Barbie parts, counts as a mod).  Creating new Sims has simply become an eye rolling experience for me, especially when I get to the bathing suits.  Apparently Sims have become rather modest now that they have nipples, because they all seem to want to swim in jogging suites.  I just assumed it was EA.  I would never have dreamt to blame AM.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 February 10, 02:35:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just noticed the clothing thing in CAS the other day. I downloaded a new neighborhood and I've been creating new families to populate it, and everytime I switch to the next category, they'll be wearing the same outfit as the last one. I thought I broke my game, so I'm glad I'm not the only one it's happening to.
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 February 10, 02:44:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quick update before I go to bed.

I took all of my mods out of the game and ran the game as normal. As expected, there were no issues at all in CAS. Next, I put AM back into the game and reloaded. CAS works fine - all clothing appears in the correct categories and switching categories does not lead to the duplication process I mentioned before. However - "spawnmoreoverlords" no longer appears to function properly. AM will generate all the required townies and will inform me of how many it has created, but none of these new townies will actually show up in the game despite having properties allocated to them.

This needs more testing however so I'll give it another shot tomorrow.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 February 10, 02:50:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The CAS clothing filter thing is probably not an EAxian issue, but I thought that was fixed ages ago. It's back?

Well I noticed that for a very strange reason what was set in formal keep going into the other categories when I created a new sim.

If that is the bug ... they put it back ... on a stuff pack ... good God ...
ChaoticNihilist
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 February 10, 04:17:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I noticed that for a very strange reason what was set in formal keep going into the other categories when I created a new sim. If that is the bug ... they put it back ... on a stuff pack ... good God ...

It wasn't on the stuff pack nor its patches, since I'm having the same issue and I'm on 1.8/2.3. I've installed all patches up to those before even starting the game, but I think it didn't use to happen some time ago. Could it be caused by AwesomeMod? I've updated it not long ago. My other mods are all far simpler things.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 February 10, 04:44:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AwesomeMod updated to latest patch and clothing issue fixed. One of the paths by which outfits were generated wasn't properly covered and as a result sims autogenerated by the game would end up inappropriately outfited. Should be fixed now.

Also, something weird is going in the latest patch set: While the previous patches had all 3 cores the same, in this latest patch, the Base Core = HELS Core, but the WA core is different and shows a newer timestamp. I have thus updated AwesomeMod based on the premise that the WA core is correct and the older base and HELS core times are due to failure to follow the Cortez School.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2010 February 10, 06:53:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought the clothing thing was supposed to happen. I thought it was cool. :\

The patch broke the fucking launcher...even more. Sims3packs I could get to install before refuse to install, and all these sims3pack extractor programs are made by incompetents who threw some programming together- and they don't produce actual functional files 99% of the time. Hooray!
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010 February 10, 07:37:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh come on! Awesomemod just got updated a few days ago too. At least it's compatible already
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010 February 10, 14:24:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The AM update's working like a charm now! Clothes appearing correctly in their respective categories and no uniform duplication when switching between them. Sweet!

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010 February 10, 16:24:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The AM update's working like a charm now! Clothes appearing correctly in their respective categories and no uniform duplication when switching between them. Sweet!

...and it's back again. I've added the glitch replication procedure to the bug thread.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010 February 10, 17:29:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Damn you EA: Three patches now. What's going to happen when we're on EP8?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010 February 10, 18:04:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

12 patches at the same time, obviously.

Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2010 February 10, 18:12:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[...] and all these sims3pack extractor programs are made by incompetents who threw some programming together- and they don't produce actual functional files 99% of the time. Hooray!

Well they work 99% of the time for me so you must be doing something wrong... are you remembering to fix the sims3pack files before extracting?

Hm, fix? I dont recall ever seeing htat step anywhere.

I'm just using the TSR merlin and getting issues(with confirmed working files) or delphy's thingymadoo and getting the same.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: