More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 01:56:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Patch issues from a somewhat complicated situation...any ideas?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Patch issues from a somewhat complicated situation...any ideas?  (Read 2360 times)
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
Patch issues from a somewhat complicated situation...any ideas?
« on: 2010 February 09, 21:28:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's the story.

I own The Sims 3. I have, but do not own, World Adventures.

The Sims 3 is a version purchased in the US. WA is, apparently, a multi language version.

Sims 3 SKU is 1. WA SKU is 2.

When installing, I had to change Sims 3 SKU to 2 to get game updates. I would sometimes have to change it to 1, if I wanted to update each individually(say, updating Base Game and WA with two separate patches).

And now I've run into a problem. My Sims 3 base game refuses to patch(patch ending in 001, SKU 1, game changed to SKU 1, because if I use the 002 patch it looks for foreign language files that obviously arent going to be there, as it's really SKU 1), citing "videocamera.ini" as an invalid file. WA also refuses to patch(sku 2, patch ending in 002) citing videocamera.ini as a MISSING file.

What the heck is wrong here? I've replaced it with my disc file, with someone elses disc file...is it a Multi disc version of the file I need? I'd try it, but I can't find a single fucking torrent or anything that will work that has the file out in the open to single out(so I dont have to download the entire damn game).

I'll just plain reinstall(with a fucking US World Adventures, if I can find a god damn torrent for it, since all torrent makers are obsessed with uploading foreign Multi versions of shit. I seriously tried 10 torrents so far and have yet to find one that isn't sku 2.) if I can't figure it out, but...ugh. Patches work so stupidly. Just overwrite the damn file.
« Last Edit: 2010 February 09, 21:40:30 by Claeric » Logged
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
Re: Patch issues from a somewhat complicated situation...any ideas?
« Reply #1 on: 2010 February 09, 21:40:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I were you I'd just pick what you want to do: have a legit installation or a arr installation. You can then either Arr the base game, or buy WA. What ever you commit to, keep doing through out the entire series. Even if you do want to buy the game later on, still download it to keep your version numbers in order.
It looks like every time they release a patch, you would need to patch the base/each ep/each sp separately.

Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
Re: Patch issues from a somewhat complicated situation...any ideas?
« Reply #2 on: 2010 February 09, 21:45:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what I've been doing, without issue(I know it's ridiculous to actually do this, change the SKU back and forth and mix patches like that, but it worked for 4 or 5 patches).

I suppose downloading the base game makes more sense(since I already have the multi expansion, and can't find a fucking ENGLISH EXPANSION GOD DAMNIT I HATE TORRENTS), but that makes owning the game seem like a waste :p It does seem to be the simplest solution though...

Guh. i don't wanna ;-;

ACtually, NOW, I can't find a proper version of the BASE game. The reloaded one requires an update, which requires SKU changing to 2, which tells me it's not 2 to begin with.

The Razor release makes no mention of whether it's euro or US. :\
« Last Edit: 2010 February 09, 21:54:49 by Claeric » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: