More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 13:30:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Effortlessly Maxed Body Skill
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Effortlessly Maxed Body Skill  (Read 8540 times)
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
Effortlessly Maxed Body Skill
« on: 2010 February 07, 23:54:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having a very odd and annoying issue that my game doesn't see as a problem--no lag, no errors, nothing. AFAIK the only hack I have that might be related is syberspunk's gardenfitnessbodyandfunforsome (and djsnochanceofplantsim, but I looked at that in SimPE, and it's just a simple, effective 1KB off switch). Is anyone supporting syberspunk's hacks? My teen was blithely gardening when he suddenly maxed out the body skill, going in an instant from 2 to max. Extremely annoying, since I have skilling set at a very slow rate and like it like that. I kept dragging the bar down, and it continued to shoot right back up. Has anyone else experienced this oddity?

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Effortlessly Maxed Body Skill
« Reply #1 on: 2010 February 08, 01:13:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's the price you pay for using a mod made by a dead guy.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 February 09, 05:01:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, upon further investigation, I realise this has nothing to do with syberspunk, and it's only coincidence that it occurred while my sims were gardening. It's Physiology causing the problem--and yes, to me it is a HUGE bug, not a feature. If I wanted something that shamelessly cheaty I'd just drag the bars up and be done with it. I have re-downloaded Community Lot Skilling and Enthusiasm, just in case it wasn't working properly in my game, but would appreciate some clarification, since the posts I've found have provided different, sometimes conflicting, information. Is studying Physiology supposed to max body skill instantly with no more effort that standing still looking at a soccer ball or bending over to pull a single weed? Is there a way to adjust this to be (1) a boost no larger than the autumn boost and (2) temporary, like the bonuses sims receive when they return from a vacation? If not I suppose I will have to forbid any of them from studying it ever again. *sigh*

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 February 09, 05:46:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Physiology bug was fixed ages ago. Patch your game, get latest Shinies.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 February 09, 09:37:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game is fully patched (to verify, just in case, I downloaded the most current patch from the EA website and tried). I have most of the AL director's cut. Which Shinies, in particular, are you referring to? Perhaps the basic question is whether Physiology is supposed to work like that? I despise the effect, but that doesn't mean it's not precisely what EA intended--I loathe a lot of what they do.

Also, speaking of shiny and loathing it, where is the code that disables platinum mood? In a separate issue I have a child that randomly, and for no reason, went permaplat. She has achieved only three LTAs and, last I looked, was a comfortable green and playing peek-a-boo with a younger sibling--not the stuff of epic achievement, I would think. Suddenly I get that annoying and fatuous popup that says she has reached all her goals and can die happy...

In SimPE I altered the values under Freetime to a more appropriate level, and removed the token from her memory. Back in Freetime that would have been enough to fix the problem, but not in AL. I repeatedly knocked her aspiration mood down via Merola's mirror to test. Within 5 sim minutes it was right back up. Obviously there is now another value to change, but I have no idea where to look.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 February 09, 10:33:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game is fully patched (to verify, just in case, I downloaded the most current patch from the EA website and tried). I have most of the AL director's cut. Which Shinies, in particular, are you referring to? Perhaps the basic question is whether Physiology is supposed to work like that? I despise the effect, but that doesn't mean it's not precisely what EA intended--I loathe a lot of what they do.
Well, that SHOULD have stopped happening, but there may be carryover effects left over from prepatch.

Also, speaking of shiny and loathing it, where is the code that disables platinum mood?
There isn't one? You can make your own, it is not difficult, but there is no Awesomeware for that.

In a separate issue I have a child that randomly, and for no reason, went permaplat. She has achieved only three LTAs and, last I looked, was a comfortable green and playing peek-a-boo with a younger sibling--not the stuff of epic achievement, I would think. Suddenly I get that annoying and fatuous popup that says she has reached all her goals and can die happy...
Although it does sound like your game is pretty buggered.

In SimPE I altered the values under Freetime to a more appropriate level, and removed the token from her memory. Back in Freetime that would have been enough to fix the problem, but not in AL. I repeatedly knocked her aspiration mood down via Merola's mirror to test. Within 5 sim minutes it was right back up. Obviously there is now another value to change, but I have no idea where to look.
Yeah, don't do that. I think your constant tampering in SimPE has exploded your neighborhood and it is now dying of internal bleeding.

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 February 09, 13:19:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't the Lot Debugger remove plat status?

V. SET/REMOVE LIFETIME WANT BIT (non-Original)
     Grants or revokes permanent platinum LTW status in a sim. Use for bugged
     LTW satisfactions where status is not granted, to remove if you simply
     don't like it, or because you're a cheating lamer.

PS:  I think the patch fix for physiology just made it quit making *all* the skill gains too fast (if you'd learned physiology, every skill gain happened at that level). It still makes body gain fast, and that's what was intended. (I believe.)
« Last Edit: 2010 February 09, 13:39:54 by Sagana » Logged

Unsouper
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 February 09, 13:52:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, the Physiology boost is only a percentage boost, it's not what was described here. That sounds like a holdover from the Physiology Smart Stacking.

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 February 09, 14:08:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah well I get that also then and just thought it was as intended. I've just not let my sims learn it, but maybe I should try with a new sim (not a holdover) and see how it differs.

Unsouper
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 February 10, 17:38:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

None of my sims were holdovers. A brand new CAS sim in a fully patched game with recommended fss hacks in place studied physiology and maxed out body skill by pulling a few weeds. She had no body skill at all before that. My experience is typical. Since I've been trying to figure this out I've heard from dozens of players who have had the exact same thing happen--a single brief workout of any type is sufficient to effortlessly maximise the skill.

The Debugger only works for adults that went pemaplat by achieving their LTW. It doesn't even show up as an option for children that went permaplat by maxing out LTA. I was looking at the Slower Aspiration Benefits hack made by Doc Doofus, trying to figure out how to slow it further, but I'm not sure if it still works in AL/M&G at all.

In my ideal game, no aspiration points or benefits would even be possible until a sim became a teen. Then they'd get a single point, and additional points would accrete at a rate one tenth of the current default one. However, in a less-than-ideal world, I'd happily settle for wholly disabling the damned thing.

Where do I find the code for Physiology, and is there a way to undo the absurdity it causes once studied? Again ideally, I'd like it to boost body skilling speed by no more than 5 or 10% for no longer than 24 hours (rather like the temporary boost sims enjoy when they return from a vacation).

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 February 11, 01:28:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure you're doing SOMETHING wrong because I cannot reproduce this issue in my game, and the present code no longer has this particular bug.

croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 February 11, 02:11:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you please point me to where the code is located? I can't find it and, although the patch exe pops up with the message that my game is already fully patched, and it won't run, I'd like to take a look and compare my settings with what they should be.

Also, where are the tokens/flags/?? for permaplat and for a maxed skill located? Something somewhere obviously trumps any other changes made, such as dragging down the skill bar or draining aspiration, but I can't find them either.

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 February 11, 12:24:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yeah, I've not got any children that are perma-plat. Would it work to age her up (does it work for teens? I don't have any teens that are perma-plat either, but if not, age her all the way to adult), take away the perma-plat with the debugger and age her back down again? Actually the only perma-plat sim I have is an elder and his is a mistake too. One of his daughters graduated from college twice :p and gave him the 'graduate 3 children' LTW. I took it away again. I don't much like perma-plat sims.

I dunno about the body skilling thing. It's kind of odd because prior to patching all skills maxed out if a sim learned physiology and post-patching only body does. That's why I thought it was by-design. So the patch obviously did *something* but not the same thing in my game it seems to have done in Pescado's. I know I'm completely patched. I reinstalled awhile back and I always install the EP, patch, install EP and patch, etc. Boring dance, but I don't trust the game to do everything in those patches from just patching at the end.

Unsouper
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 February 12, 00:10:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yeah, I've not got any children that are perma-plat. Would it work to age her up (does it work for teens? I don't have any teens that are perma-plat either, but if not, age her all the way to adult), take away the perma-plat with the debugger and age her back down again? Actually the only perma-plat sim I have is an elder and his is a mistake too. One of his daughters graduated from college twice :p and gave him the 'graduate 3 children' LTW. I took it away again. I don't much like perma-plat sims.

I thought the debugger option only worked to remove permaplat caused by achieving a LTW, not by maxing out the aspiration bar. If it works for both, I'll have to try that as a last resort. I'd rather change the code directly though, if possible.
I dunno about the body skilling thing. It's kind of odd because prior to patching all skills maxed out if a sim learned physiology and post-patching only body does. That's why I thought it was by-design. So the patch obviously did *something* but not the same thing in my game it seems to have done in Pescado's. I know I'm completely patched. I reinstalled awhile back and I always install the EP, patch, install EP and patch, etc. Boring dance, but I don't trust the game to do everything in those patches from just patching at the end.

In your game, in mine, and in several other people's. That's why I'm trying (and failing miserably) to find the code. Maybe that way I could compare what it does say with what it's supposed to say.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: