More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 01:46:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Fishtank woes
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Fishtank woes  (Read 18327 times)
riggs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Fishtank woes
« Reply #25 on: 2010 February 12, 06:10:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not a bug--it's a feature!

By the way, there's now a mod at MTS to expand the tank capacity to as many as 15 fish.
« Last Edit: 2010 February 12, 06:17:38 by riggs » Logged
tea_and_blues
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010 February 12, 15:33:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very awesome. Are their any accompanying visuals for prey and woohoo, I wonder. You'd think so, if the sims react to it.

<meh> siggie. </meh>
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010 February 12, 16:04:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh that is cool, now I can't wait to get HELS. This will make the "perfect aquarium" LTW a bit more interesting.

More F than you
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010 February 12, 16:25:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if there is a food chain defined somewhere. Would suck if it's just random, and Goldfish start eating Lobsters or whatever.

Definitely a surprising little feature.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010 February 12, 16:27:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's defined based on the bait-table, so certain fish eating certain other fish is based on what baits are used to catch them...
Of course, those tables are pretty random and often nonsensical, too.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010 February 13, 21:50:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cool -- now that I know it's a feature and not a bug!  I've got to watch more closely for those animations.  I wonder if woohoo leads to baby fishies. Grin

Oh that is cool, now I can't wait to get HELS. This will make the "perfect aquarium" LTW a bit more interesting.

I wonder if the HELS aquarium will work for that LTW.  When my Sim has a wish to put a fish in a bowl, it isn't fulfilled by putting the fish in the aquarium.  And she's never rolled a wish to put one in the aquarium.

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2010 February 13, 23:08:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aw, what complete crap. I was really hoping having the aquarium would eliminate having fish bowls on every surface in the house. Drat.

Maybe Pes can fix that.  Grin

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
Slymenstra
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2010 February 13, 23:13:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had my Hopeless Romantic Sim stock her aquarium with 4 Goldfish, and then I proceeded to make her "watch" throughout the days ahead.  For 3 sims days nothing happened.  My Sim usually booed the fish tank and stuck her tongue out.  Then finally one "Watch" she started to get excited and cheered with a baby pacifier thought bubble over her head.

I looked in the tank and there were still only 4 fish.  I didn't notice any different animation or bubbles or anything in the fish tank.  She went to bed and when she woke up I had her go to feed and watch and there were 6 Goldfish now.  They are labeled as had been "born in captivity".  I took one out and put it in a round fish tank, and the next day I had 6 again in the aquarium.

I like the idea that they can mate and fight.  I wish this counted toward the LTW.  I hate having all of those fish bowls everywhere.
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2010 February 13, 23:20:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had my Hopeless Romantic Sim stock her aquarium with 4 Goldfish, and then I proceeded to make her "watch" throughout the days ahead.  For 3 sims days nothing happened.  My Sim usually booed the fish tank and stuck her tongue out.  Then finally one "Watch" she started to get excited and cheered with a baby pacifier thought bubble over her head.

I looked in the tank and there were still only 4 fish.  I didn't notice any different animation or bubbles or anything in the fish tank.  She went to bed and when she woke up I had her go to feed and watch and there were 6 Goldfish now.  They are labeled as had been "born in captivity".  I took one out and put it in a round fish tank, and the next day I had 6 again in the aquarium.

Cool.  Grin

Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2010 February 14, 00:16:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have debugging commands enabled you can force events in the fishtank. I had to remove my no-mosaic to see the bloody fish at all, but making them 'woohoo' makes two random fish of the same type swim towards each other, and then hearts appear. 'Prey' makes a random predator swim towards a random bait fish. You can also create a 'die' event that makes a random fish float to the surface.. dead.

*hopes no mosaic is updated soon* ... The Awesomemod no mosaic is very un-awesome. I never use it because of the toilet censor it doesn't disable, and the only reason I use no mosaic anyway is so I don't have to deal with the toddlers that vanish under the mosaic when being potty-trained.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2010 February 14, 03:49:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome. I'd never visited that site before. Always nice not to need to go through foreign language registrations. @.@

When I used debug commands I have hoping for one like the 'stock fridge' or 'fill bookcase with all books' ones. There isn't one.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2010 February 14, 04:58:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*hopes no mosaic is updated soon* ... The Awesomemod no mosaic is very un-awesome. I never use it because of the toilet censor it doesn't disable, and the only reason I use no mosaic anyway is so I don't have to deal with the toddlers that vanish under the mosaic when being potty-trained.
No, it does exactly what *I* want it to do. That's what's important. I *WANT* it that way. Therefore, it will STAY that way. And it tells you this.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ChilltownNJ
Blathering Buffoon

Go head, Pull it, I Dare U!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2010 February 14, 05:25:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it does exactly what *I* want it to do. That's what's important. I *WANT* it that way. Therefore, it will STAY that way. And it tells you this.

Nuff Said!
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2010 February 14, 05:42:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which is why I look for other censors that work the way *I* want them to. I didn't tell you to change it.

ChilltownNJ
Blathering Buffoon

Go head, Pull it, I Dare U!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2010 February 14, 10:17:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*hopes no mosaic is updated soon* ... The Awesomemod no mosaic is very un-awesome.

Sounds a bit like "it brakey,  fixxy NOOOW!" but I am a little hard of hearing. Sad
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2010 February 14, 10:26:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was meaning the one on mod the sims. There's two of them. One was buy Rick. The other was by Rothchild. Those were the ones I have been using in place of awesomemod, because I know that that question  has been asked of Pescado multiple times and the answer was always NO. I was NOT saying that he should change it now. I was merely HOPING that someone else would have made the fishy effects re-appear on one of those ones. And someone already had, as Tasha pointed out, and I am using that one now.

So I'd say you need a stronger prescription for your glasses.

friendlyquark
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2010 February 23, 19:58:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My German is pretty rusty, but it looks like Rothschilde has solved the game effects problem. I will try it out later to be certain. Though I don't mind not seeing people pee. I have two small children, so I get enough of that in real life. Tongue
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: