More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 13:55:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Fishtank woes
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Fishtank woes  (Read 18429 times)
RogueSkinner
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Fishtank woes
« on: 2010 February 07, 19:30:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I've installed HELS and updated everything, tried with both mods in game, and taken out and still have the same issue.

The new fishtank has no interaction options.  Can't add fish at all, and when you hover over it it says something like sims 3 object decorative but it's unclickable. 

Has anyone else had this issue and if so, is there a fix?
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Re: Fishtank woes
« Reply #1 on: 2010 February 07, 20:51:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It sounds like a conflict to me. Try removing any mods you have, then reloading the game and try again. If it works, then try putting the mods in one at a time until you find the culprit.
RogueSkinner
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 February 07, 21:29:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried with mods and without any.  Same issue
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 February 08, 04:36:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try removing skins and testing in a world you don't care about.  I found that custom skins caused crashing problems with the pool/basement tools in my game.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Phthon
Blathering Buffoon

Death is but the next great adventure.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 February 08, 17:02:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a note. Try moving your framework into the HELS folder. I was having all kinds of problems with custom objects and objects from HELS until I did that. All my stuff works now.

—Phthon

I thought about being born again, but my mother refused.
tea_and_blues
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 February 09, 02:44:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having the same issues, with and without mods, and with all my framework shifted to the newer HELS directory. A lot of the HELS objects have no interactions, and the new electric guitar doesn't show up at all. :/

EDIT: Scratch that, I forgot to remove awesome mod. Removing the Feb 02 version of Awesome mod results restores all functions, but the game ceases to be awesome. :/
« Last Edit: 2010 February 09, 03:09:02 by tea_and_blues » Logged

<meh> siggie. </meh>
ChilltownNJ
Blathering Buffoon

Go head, Pull it, I Dare U!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 February 09, 03:15:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EDIT: Scratch that, I forgot to remove awesome mod. Removing the Feb 02 version of Awesome mod results restores all functions, but the game ceases to be awesome. :/

That's why you should use the Test version of Awesome Mod,  that version works with the new 1.9/2.4 update.  The side effect is that your game will become Awesome again.
tea_and_blues
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 February 09, 04:03:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome mod has been fine since I updated the versions, it's HELS (which I only installed today) that has brought on the issues. Test directory is currenty empty by the looks of things, but I've grabbed today's version. Might solve things.

<meh> siggie. </meh>
RogueSkinner
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 February 09, 13:28:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah I have everything in the HELS directory and even without mods and nothing but EA content, I'm still having the issue
ChilltownNJ
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 February 10, 00:48:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah I have everything in the HELS directory and even without mods and nothing but EA content, I'm still having the issue

Would you care to elaborate on your issues?  Are you using Awesome Mod? Have you made sure the framework is installed properly in the HELS directory?  I'm not sure if you were looking for help Rogue but if you were, more info is needed.
bitterquill
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 February 10, 00:52:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would you care to elaborate on your issues?  Are you using Awesome Mod? Have you made sure the framework is installed properly in the HELS directory?  I'm not sure if you were looking for help Rogue but if you were, more info is needed.

Although more information is always a good thing, they already said that they have the issue even without mods. Twice, actually. Since AM qualifies as a mod, I'm guessing they aren't using it. They did not, however, state whether or not they were playing with a new, clean hood created post-mod-removal, so I suppose it's still a valid point.
ChilltownNJ
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 February 10, 02:25:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My apologies, didn't even realize that Rogueskinner was the OP.  I Thought he was just another person with a similar issue that possibly needed to elaborate his issues.  Nor was it mentioned that they used sims 3 dashboard or some other means to remove any possible Cache files or the cas and object thumbnails packages.
RogueSkinner
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 February 10, 13:09:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would you care to elaborate on your issues?  Are you using Awesome Mod? Have you made sure the framework is installed properly in the HELS directory?  I'm not sure if you were looking for help Rogue but if you were, more info is needed.

Although more information is always a good thing, they already said that they have the issue even without mods. Twice, actually. Since AM qualifies as a mod, I'm guessing they aren't using it. They did not, however, state whether or not they were playing with a new, clean hood created post-mod-removal, so I suppose it's still a valid point.

Correct.  New Neighborhood, (1 with mods in place, 1 without) Framework properly installed in the correct directory, all custom content outside of EA store items removed (and default replacement skin) and the fishtank still has no interactions available regardless of modded game, or plain jane game.

I DO use awesomemod but this was removed along with all other mods in the clean game.  Same issue.

Going to start removing EA content next to see if it's something there.
Phthon
Blathering Buffoon

Death is but the next great adventure.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 February 10, 15:50:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It probably isn't EA stuff. I have all the EA store stuff, plus all my mods and downloads. I do not use Awesomemod though. I have all the interactions on the fishtank. It is something you have downloaded that is conflicting most likely...perhaps something you forgot to remove? Did you double check the Base Game folders?

I thought about being born again, but my mother refused.
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 February 11, 02:37:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Halp!  Does anyone else have disappearing fish?  I can have one fish in the HELS aquarium; if I try to put in more, they disappear in a few Sim hours. 

I have the 1.10/2.5/3.1 patches and AM, and no other hacks.  The framework is installed in all three directories. 

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2010 February 11, 02:46:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible the fish are eating each other? That would be seriously cool.

Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 February 11, 02:53:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
ChilltownNJ
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 February 11, 05:55:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does that mean if no fish are there that 1 fish ate itself?  Something silly people have tried to do for years, accomplished by ... game fish?
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 February 11, 06:00:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm starting to think the aquarium is seriously screwed.  In my last session, I had one black goldfish in there already and added *one* goldfish.  The aquarium showed one black goldfish and *two* goldfish!  Awhile later, one goldfish apparently ate the other.  Oy!  Roll Eyes

I requested a fix for this in the AwesomeMod request area.  Hopefully, Pes can fix it.

ChilltownNJ
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010 February 11, 06:05:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it is possible for the fish to mate?  And then there's the "I brought you in, I can take you out", complex.
« Last Edit: 2010 February 11, 06:40:45 by ChilltownNJ » Logged
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010 February 11, 06:09:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I nearly sprayed pop all over the screen!  Cheesy  (Yes, sometimes I can be too easily amused.)
« Last Edit: 2010 February 11, 06:16:02 by Capitaine Marie » Logged

ChilltownNJ
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010 February 11, 07:16:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is your butt doing that close to the monitor?

EDIT:Oh wait, it's getting late and my eyes are starting to cross, got me seeing double...
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010 February 11, 16:29:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone at another forum pointed out that goldfish are bait for black goldfish, and that may be why they keep disappearing.  I'm going to test that theory with other fish.

What is your butt doing that close to the monitor?

EDIT:Oh wait, it's getting late and my eyes are starting to cross, got me seeing double...

It's ok, I saw "poop" too.  Cheesy
Tongue

highstresslevel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010 February 12, 01:06:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible the fish are eating each other? That would be seriously cool.

Code:
    <!--Range:  0 - 1  Description:  The chance that Hopeless romantics will react to fish woohooing-->
    </kReactionChanceHopelessRomantic>
    <kReactionChanceMeanSpiritedOrEvil value="1">
      <!--Range:  0 - 1  Description:  The chance that Mean Spirited or Evil Sims will react to fish dying or being preyed-->
    </kReactionChanceMeanSpiritedOrEvil>
    <kReactionChanceExcitable value="1">
      <!--Range:  0 - 1  Description:  The chance that Excitable Sims will react to fish woohooing or being preyed-->
    </kReactionChanceExcitable>
    <kReactionChanceOverEmotional value="1">
      <!--Range:  0 - 1  Description:  The chance that Over Emotional Sims will react to fish woohooing, being preyed, or dying-->
    </kReactionChanceOverEmotional>
    <kReactionGainMeanSpiritedOrEvil value="15">
      <!--Range:  0+  Description:  The Fun motive gain for Mean Spirited and Evil Sims when a fish dies or gets preyed on-->
    </kReactionGainMeanSpiritedOrEvil>
    <kReactionChanceNonAngler value="0.45">
      <!--Range:  0 - 1  Description:  The chance that non-Angler Sims will learn the bait when fish are preyed-->

So, yeah.  Fish woohoo, die, and eat each other.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2010 February 12, 02:24:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMFG - EA actually put something cool in the game for once!

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: