More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 12:03:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Help on my save file.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Help on my save file.  (Read 7727 times)
chrmdfreak
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Help on my save file.
« on: 2010 February 14, 10:51:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello. I tried to search the forums for a solution for this but I can't find one, so I decided to make a new topic.

I just recently installed The Sims 3:High-End Loft stuff. Everything installed perfectly, but then my save file is gone. My save file worked in World Adventures. Is this somehow connected to the save error of WA and then you had to rename it for it to work?

Thank You So Much For Your Help.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Help on my save file.
« Reply #1 on: 2010 February 14, 11:35:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was your save file in Riverview? Is Riverview no longer appearing in the list of installed worlds to New Game? If this is the case, your game may have become Crapified. Decrapify your saved games, delete all CC you installed by package-ripping, and decrapify and reinstall from the Sims3Packs.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
chrmdfreak
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 February 14, 11:44:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, my save file was in Riverview. In the InstalledWorlds folder, "Riverview.world" is still there.
Do i still need to "decrapify" my games even though riverview.world is there? What's a CC? Sorry if I don't understand the acrnoyms.
« Last Edit: 2010 February 14, 11:58:40 by chrmdfreak » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 February 14, 11:57:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do i still need to "decrapify" my games even though riverview.world is there? What's a CC? Sorry if I don't understand the acrnoyms.
Yes. Delete InstalledWorlds, DCCache, DCBackup, decrapify, reinstall everything.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
chrmdfreak
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 February 14, 12:00:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK. Thanks! But, quick question, if I delete everything, would my save files still be ok?
And how do i Decrapify? Is that a Program?
« Last Edit: 2010 February 14, 12:26:23 by chrmdfreak » Logged
chrmdfreak
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 February 14, 12:55:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

reinstall everything.

This is just me being curious, what if the OP has pack files he didn't pay for? How do you reinstall those? Because from what I know you still can't install them. Did I miss something?

Miss TashaFaun, what is decrapify? I don't understand the procedure.
VJay
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 February 14, 13:28:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should take a look at this thread.
chrmdfreak
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 February 14, 13:55:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should take a look at this thread.

I know you're gonna be mad at me for this, but I downloaded the program. What's next? Should I just click the program and it does the all work for me or what? Huh I'm sorry if I'm such a noob
VJay
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 February 14, 14:08:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know you're gonna be mad at me for this, but I downloaded the program. What's next? Should I just click the program and it does the all work for me or what? Huh I'm sorry if I'm such a noob

You just have to drag and drop the file you want to decrapify on "decrapify.exe" and that's all. Smiley
chrmdfreak
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 February 14, 16:17:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But which file should I decrapify?  Shocked
chrmdfreak
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 February 15, 12:13:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i deleted InstalledWorlds, DCCache, DCBackup, drag and dropped all the files to decrapify.exe, and reinstalled everything. It didn't work. My saved family still isn't showing.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 February 15, 12:17:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i deleted InstalledWorlds, DCCache, DCBackup, drag and dropped all the files to decrapify.exe, and reinstalled everything. It didn't work. My saved family still isn't showing.
Did you install everything PROPERLY? Decrapify will do nothing if you do not install s3rc to the correct path.

chrmdfreak
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 February 15, 15:14:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What do you mean by PROPERLY? Where do i install s3rc? I thought i was just going to drag and drop on decrapify.exe. Would you mind writing a step-by-step tutorial?
nikzter
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 February 24, 11:00:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi! I also have the same problem, upon upgrading to HELS, my save file no longer appears to be playable. I have Riverview installed also, so should I remove all the "things" that I downloaded from here? http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5207939/THE_SIMS_3_--_ALL_170___EA_STORE_ITEMS_(AS_OF_12.10.09). Do I just manually delete all of them in the Documents folder? Thank you very much for helping.

Also, my loading screen seems to be pretty messed up. Do you guys seem to know what's going on with that? Is it because I just downloaded TS3:HELS from the internet?
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 February 24, 23:30:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they aren't showing up and Riverview isn't on the new game list, take Riverview.world file from My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\InstalledWorlds and move it to Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds

About your loading screen being screwed, something is wrong with your HELS install, reinstall that.
nikzter
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 February 25, 12:49:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whoa! It worked! Thanks for that, but now it doesn't properly display the names in the neighborhood, for example "World/Riverview Lothario".
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: