More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 05:12:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Is there a way to temporarily select a service npc?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is there a way to temporarily select a service npc?  (Read 3560 times)
ll
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Is there a way to temporarily select a service npc?
« on: 2010 February 06, 20:49:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want to replace my service NPCs appearances with some of the sims I have in the CAS bin, but so far I've had no luck. I tried the "editsim" command, but it doesn't load the pre-made sims. And the "snatchbody" command seems to only work for selectable sims. 
I figured I could (maybe) get it work if there's a way to make service sims selectable. Does anyone know if this is possible?
Anonym
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Is there a way to temporarily select a service npc?
« Reply #1 on: 2010 February 06, 21:23:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want to replace my service NPCs appearances with some of the sims I have in the CAS bin, but so far I've had no luck. I tried the "editsim" command, but it doesn't load the pre-made sims. And the "snatchbody" command seems to only work for selectable sims. 
I figured I could (maybe) get it work if there's a way to make service sims selectable. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Well, there is a way to make a service sim temporarily selectable, but I don't know if it will accomplish what you want.

With testingcheatsenabled and debugcheatsenabled (really just one of them, but I'm not sure which one), you can shift-click or maybe ctrl-shift-click on one to "Add To Current Household."  They then become selectable.

That's got its own problems, though, because once I did that when I had a non-cleaning maid problem, to get the maid to clean.  But when I removed her from the household, she became like a regular sim and just left the lot.

If you're getting them into CAS (which "editsim" followed by their name should do, even if not selected), you should be able to edit them, even if you can't use a premade sim, and that's pretty good.  Editing a service sim might cause a bug, but as long as you save just before it, it could be worth a shot.
Budgie
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 February 06, 21:43:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Be careful if you follow Anonym's advice, especially if the NPC is a babysitter. The ones that I have made selectable in the past aged up to young adults and left, causing the children to be home alone without supervision.
ll
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 February 06, 22:03:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, there is a way to make a service sim temporarily selectable, but I don't know if it will accomplish what you want.

With testingcheatsenabled and debugcheatsenabled (really just one of them, but I'm not sure which one), you can shift-click or maybe ctrl-shift-click on one to "Add To Current Household."  They then become selectable.

That's got its own problems, though, because once I did that when I had a non-cleaning maid problem, to get the maid to clean.  But when I removed her from the household, she became like a regular sim and just left the lot.

Unfortunately that doesn't really work, since I want them to retain their service npc status.

If you're getting them into CAS (which "editsim" followed by their name should do, even if not selected), you should be able to edit them, even if you can't use a premade sim, and that's pretty good.  Editing a service sim might cause a bug, but as long as you save just before it, it could be worth a shot.

I already did that in another neighborhood, and transfered them to the cas bin. I'm just trying to see if there's a way to avoid going through all that hassle again in my new neighborhood.

jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 February 07, 05:07:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am 99.9% certain that the NRaas Supercomputer will allow you to send any Sim back to CAS, even an NPC Sim.  I give puddings makeovers and facelifts all the time (unrepentant Sim plastic surgeon ever since TS2 and the InSimenator, Goopy always ran when he saw me coming).  I don't remember trying to perform plastic surgery on a mail or pizza deliverer, but I always make a point of sending babysitters back to CAS -- first to replace the Klepto trait so that they don't rob me blind, and second to make them better looking and dress them in something more appropriate than a tank top, casual dress pants with the suspenders hanging down, and bright red sneakers.  Roll Eyes
ll
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 February 07, 10:59:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am 99.9% certain that the NRaas Supercomputer will allow you to send any Sim back to CAS, even an NPC Sim. 

That's what I did in my first neighborhood. But now that I have made-over those service sims, my lazy gene is telling me to find a way to re-use them in my new neighborhood instead of doing it all over again...
Anonym
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 February 07, 19:43:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is nice to know that they definitely can be edited without breaking anything, anyway.  I see less service NPC pudding in my TS3 gaming future.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: