More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 19:12:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  CAS Loading Issues
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: CAS Loading Issues  (Read 2553 times)
YouHasMyCookies
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
CAS Loading Issues
« on: 2010 February 06, 23:31:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just recently I added a few mods to my packages folder - one to enable non-default skintones, one to provide the non-default skintones (both of which are supposed to be compatible with Awesomemod) and a few other standard hairs/clothes/jewellery from a variety of sites for a downloaded sim off of MTS. Nothing else has been changed in the game folders, so I'm thinking it's probably a result of conflicting mods, but I never expected it to bork things this severely.

After I added these mods, Create-a-Sim now seems to load indefinitely (I left it overnight and it still failed to get past the loading screen). I tried running it without any mods except for Awesomemod, and when that failed to work I wiped everything and did a full un-install/re-install, still to no avail.

I've been searching online for a solution for the past couple hours and have come up with nothing, so I'm hoping you guys have seen this before or have some insight into what can be done. Any ideas?

Edit: I'm running an arr'd copy of Sims 3 & WA on Windows 7, and am updated to version 2.3.33.003002 if that affects anything
« Last Edit: 2010 February 06, 23:38:08 by YouHasMyCookies » Logged
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
Re: CAS Loading Issues
« Reply #1 on: 2010 February 07, 00:36:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried using the process monitor to see what it's loading? It may help you work out what CAS is getting stuck on. Otherwise slowly remove content until you get CAS back, and then add it back in batches until you know the culprit.

YouHasMyCookies
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 February 07, 01:26:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've removed all mods from the packages folders except for Awesomemod and the configuration file, and the .dbc files which always worked before and I've never changed. According to the process manager it's not accessing either after I load CAS (unless I missed it or am reading it wrong). The only file it's accessing after I load CAS is "TS3EP01.exe" in the World Adventures >Game>Bin directory, which is showing up in the process manager hundreds of times. =/
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2010 February 07, 01:58:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you cleared your script.cache?

YouHasMyCookies
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 February 07, 02:24:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe so. After I uninstalled I deleted the entire Electronic Arts folder from the My Documents folder, so that was all re-created first time I ran the game after re-installing. (It's backed up in a folder on my desktop, but I've made sure to keep it totally separate from the game folders in My Documents/Program Files) However, it doesn't appear to have changed anything aside from the obvious removal of save files & whatnot

Edit: I updated the game to version 1.9 on impulse and am running the test version of Awesomemod, and CAS is loading again, even after I re-added my mods folder & whatnot. Still don't know what caused the whole thing in the first place, but it's working now so I suppose it doesn't really matter much anymore.

And thanks for the help, Skadi. I really appreciate the assistance, and not getting poked at with sticks for my failure  Cheesy
« Last Edit: 2010 February 07, 03:39:18 by YouHasMyCookies » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: