More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:29:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Someone is going to yell at me for posting this...but it must be done.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Someone is going to yell at me for posting this...but it must be done.  (Read 7992 times)
SpicyMangoSalsa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Someone is going to yell at me for posting this...but it must be done.
« on: 2010 February 05, 14:22:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I know that everyone around here is really tired of hearing people ask how to get their CC to work after patch 1.8. I've read all the posts, on this site and others, and I get the basic idea of what needs to be done. Unfortunately, I'm not as tech savvy as the majority of everyone else here. Try as I might, I cannot get the CC to work again! Its obviously very frustrating and I had given up. Until I saw the 2 new sets they released over at the TS3 store today. I need my fix. But I'm not going to shell out a ridiculous amount of money that I don't have to get it. So I'm asking that someone there, out the kindness of their hearts (yeah, that made me throw up a little, too), make a nice "For Dummies" guide on how to get the CC back in working order. I would really appreciate it. I'm sure I'm not the only person around who is confused, and a straight-forward guide would be a nice "go here, n00b!" post to link to in the future.  Smiley

Oh, and yes, I'm aware that I may be verbally beaten down due to this post. Its a risk I'm willing to take.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Re: Someone is going to yell at me for posting this...but it must be done.
« Reply #1 on: 2010 February 05, 14:25:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

just keep watching the .dbc torrent in the Pudding Factory section. Someone is probably going to upload the new sets in dbc. format sooner or later. Probably later,
Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

INTP/J: Bork!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2010 February 05, 14:30:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Go away. We are not nice and nobody wants to help you.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 February 05, 14:36:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The presently recommended solution is to DECRAPIFY.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 February 05, 14:44:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To be honest, the new sets look like nothing special. You aren't really missing anything.
SpicyMangoSalsa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 February 05, 15:13:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay so maybe I should simplify what I'm wondering...

If I just change how my resource.cfg file looks and place it in some special place, then download that .dbc stuff and place it in a special place, the CC will show up, I'll shut up, and we can all pretend I was never here to inconvinience your lives?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 February 05, 15:41:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Embarrassed ;DJoin the club. I got beatdown yesterday and deserved the beating. Is that wrong? It felt really good.
You get beaten down every time you post because you are an imbecile who refuses to USE YOUR WORDS.
Hey, ur you're asking for a beatdown.  Look, I have all the patches and all my cc is showing up. As they stated read b4 u before you post here. UR You are liable to get chewed a new whole a new hole chewedn in your ass. I know! you ck here or over at modthesims2 help section under sims 3. This is both bad advice and horrendously bad grammar. But now I'm liable to get chewed out for telling you this.  One other thing, I also have the expansion too.  Just read all the post here b. Believe me, thats how I learned to fix the same problem you're having right now. Wink
Happy early Grammar Day.

Okay so maybe I should simplify what I'm wondering...

If I just change how my resource.cfg file looks and place it in some special place, then download that .dbc stuff and place it in a special place, the CC will show up, I'll shut up, and we can all pretend I was never here to inconvinience your lives?
You obviously have seen the instructions. Follow them. Protip: Do not put it in your special place. It won't work from there.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
malexander
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 February 05, 15:55:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not a imbecile. I'm just a special needs person. You guys are cruel to the disabled people.

I'm a special type of breed.
haifen
Crapsack
Retarded Reprobate

#hashtag

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 February 05, 16:00:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ninja'd by Zazazu, of all pumpkins

Quit whining about your supposed beatdown - considering this is MATY we're talking about, your "beatdown" was really mild. You got your help so STFU and GTFO. Feel free to DIAF while you're at it.

faek edit:

Alright, I'm calling it - Sock? Troll? What's with the formatting? You're not 12, are you? Remove your unnecessary mark up - this isn't a some f-ly/12ly/rp fanfiction forum. Special needs will join the euphemism treadmill that imbecile was on so long ago I'M JUST SAYIN'

16:29   spockers   I fucking hate going to see movies in theaters now.
16:30   spockers   Unless it's a really fancy old-style movie palace type place, but even then some dick will pull out their Appleberry in the middle of the film and start tweeting about wanting Chris Brown to beat them up
malexander
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 February 05, 16:05:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

no, but I am challenged. I try to post to the best of my ability. Thats all Im saying.  DIAF --- In your dreams. Must move on ---------

I'm a special type of breed.
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 February 05, 18:29:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a warning - the 50's clothing doesn't show for young adult - only adult. So it's DO NOT WANT...

The bahhaus (do they think they are clever with their stupid names that are close but no cigar and in no way related to what they are ripping off?) set is okay and some needed if you want to build more than one modern house or community building in a neighborhood.

SpicyMangoSalsa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 February 05, 21:04:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okayyy...sooo...now that we've established that whats-their-name is an imbecile and all...

Anyone willing to help me? I've seen the instructions, yeah. But they look kind of sporatic and not clear enough for my brain to handle. If anyone is feeiling kind (or decent) enough to post some instructions here, or give me a link I would be very appreciative. Ideally, said instructions will be clear, detailed, step-by-step, or at least straightforward enough to follow and understand. Not asking anyone to baby me or whatever, I would just really like to have this sorted out.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2010 February 05, 21:26:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The presently recommended solution is to DECRAPIFY.
I'd tell you I love you for this, but I don't think either of us would enjoy that. I will, however, get pack to my slaving post haste.

ElenaRoan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 February 05, 21:29:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can only say what worked for me, on windows.

Get the TS3 Recompressor from http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15129.0.html and extract to a new folder.

Extract or COPY your sims3packs into that folder.

Drag and drop onto the "decrappify" and "s3rc", if you have a lot do so in groups of around 10.

Move the modified sims3packs into My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Downloads.

Disconnect from the internet.

Open up the launcher and go into downloads.  Select all the items you want to install and click install.

For me it didn't appear to work but when I checked in DCCache I noticed that there were new *.dbc's that were larger than 1KB in size.  When I went into game the items were there with only minor hiccups, like the gothic bed had only numbers in the name and desciption but works fine and the steampunk telescope still won't show up but it didn't show up with any other method either so I'm beginning to suspect they broke that somehow.

- ElenaRoan
RayeNation
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 February 05, 21:32:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okayyy...sooo...now that we've established that whats-their-name is an imbecile and all...

Anyone willing to help me? I've seen the instructions, yeah. But they look kind of sporatic and not clear enough for my brain to handle. If anyone is feeiling kind (or decent) enough to post some instructions here, or give me a link I would be very appreciative. Ideally, said instructions will be clear, detailed, step-by-step, or at least straightforward enough to follow and understand. Not asking anyone to baby me or whatever, I would just really like to have this sorted out.

Erm....maybe you should try reinstalling the framework again? Is any of your cc working? If some are and others aren't, it could be a corrupted file within the custom content and not your game. Don't feel bad though, I still have an issue with my custom content not working properly. However, unlike you I won't even try to ask for help because I suck less and can figure it out by myself Grin , but that's besides the point.

Try reinstalling the resource file and putting it where it needs to go and test only one cc file in the game..If it doesn't work, you're a retard who needs to either uninstall the game and start over from scratch or just reinstall all the cc over....Is that straight forward enough for you pumpkin? XD
SpicyMangoSalsa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 February 05, 21:37:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Elena. I'll try that.  Smiley

I don't have anyy CC in my game currently, I have it on an external hard-drive but I'd rather just download all the files in.dbc format  rather than put all my old crap back on. I've reinstalled several times and have had more CC issues than you care to know.

Oh, and I would appreciate not being called pumpkin, mmk? XD
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2010 February 05, 21:42:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll be happy to call you much worse things if you like.

SpicyMangoSalsa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 February 05, 21:49:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay one last (quick) question (I hope. We all hope.)

Before I decrapify, do I still need to alter/move my resource.cfg?

EDIT: Alrighttttt so I tried the decrapify method on UltraLoungeYouth and a childrens' dress and it worked beautifully.  Grin
I'm going to keep using this method and hopefully things will keep going well.

Yay for decrapifying!
« Last Edit: 2010 February 05, 22:06:09 by SpicyMangoSalsa » Logged
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 February 05, 22:59:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll be happy to call you much worse things if you like.
Tch, she should be honored.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: