More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:02:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Maybe I'm just terrible at tricking old people?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Maybe I'm just terrible at tricking old people?  (Read 4417 times)
serra
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Maybe I'm just terrible at tricking old people?
« on: 2010 February 05, 11:28:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started a new file with AM tonight and I'm noticing that every time I try to play golddigger the married sim in question sort of just shrugs and rebuffs my attempt (though they aren't upset about it).  I can't take any such relationship past the best friend stage.  If I take AM off the rich peeps get all pliable again with no complaints, but I'd rather not sacrifice AM for it.

I've found two similar complaints via searches, one last July and one in September but everyone seemed to assume it was either an issue with traits, relationship stage or conversation strategy.  None of these is the answer in my case, unfortunately, though I really have no idea what to do about it.  Can anyone tell me what's going on?  Help! Tongue
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Maybe I'm just terrible at tricking old people?
« Reply #1 on: 2010 February 05, 11:41:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think your problem is that you don't understand how this works: TRY SOMEONE WHO ISN'T ALREADY MARRIED! Also, not AwesomeMod-related.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Eva
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 February 05, 17:54:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not AwesomeMod related.  I don't have AM and this is how my game is, too.  It's the game.
CharmingFirewaller
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 February 05, 18:02:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It varies from sim to sim because of the trait system so I don't know...maybe he's just not that into you? Wink Don't worry, there are other fish in the sea. Go grab a hook and reel one in.
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 February 05, 18:25:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some married sims won't stray. Others can't keep their pants on. It does depend on traits. And especially so if you have AM.  If a sim has all of the following traits:  flirty, hopeless romantic, great kisser and charismatic, then they'll step outside their marriage at the drop of a hat - they can't seem to help themselves. And if you must know, yes, I have (on purpose) created such sims and installed them in game and then let them do as they will. Keeps the neighborhood more interesting that way.

serra
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 February 05, 19:47:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe I wasn't clear.

I've done this without AM many times.  I've never used AM, and this process doesn't work with AM on.  If I take AM out of my file folder, they do cheat.  The same sim.  On the same file.  With the same commands.  I have already accounted for traits.  I said that.

In fact they stray so readily I'm shocked I'm having this discussion.  Maybe one of you insisting I'm simply wrong could give it a shot instead of assuming I'm mistaken?  It doesn't take very long, and if you've all been using mods for a long time maybe you just weren't aware it was ever different.

That said, Pescado, chill.  If you don't know I don't assume anyone else would, but I tried to phrase my issue with clarity and respect.  If you don't know and don't care just don't post.  I'll be fine.  Thanks for answering nonetheless.
AloeOwl
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 February 05, 19:55:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Get ready for it.

~ Condemnation without investigation is the peak of ignorance ~
serra
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 February 05, 20:06:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started a whole new fresh file instead of just playing around with my old one and now I can't even do what I said could be done.  As soon as I find out they aren't single the whole progression just stops dead.  Guess I'm gonna flip through some old patch notes.  All my experience is with 1.2.7.00002 and maybe I haven't considered all the confounding variables I could have.

My bad, nevermind.  Take it easy.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: