More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 11:06:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Where the hell is my sandwich?!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Where the hell is my sandwich?!  (Read 3655 times)
InQuietNight
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Where the hell is my sandwich?!
« on: 2010 February 04, 18:08:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Problem: Sims stop cooking in the middle of food preparation [always when whatever food is about to be placed on the stove/in the oven]. When I click "Continue cooking," they pick up the pan, think for a second, and place it back down on the counter. Lather, rinse, repeat.

The sim I initially noticed this with has a level 10 cooking. I tried another sim who has no cooking skill (I don't know, she's been reading so many books about cooking maybe she's sick of it now?) and still, no one can put the damn pan on the stove. This is especially annoying since I have a pregnant sim who keeps rollling food wants.

This does NOT seem to be an AM problem, as the problem continues after removal of said mod. In fact, I have removed ALL of my mods in hopes of finding something corrupt, but no luck. I also have not patched up to 1.9, as I have neither WA nor HELS and thus think its a monstrous waste of time. I even added a faster cooking mod in the hopes that it would override some small error and while it SOUNDED like a good idea at the time (if a desperate one), it has, naturally, failed.

I spent all morning scouring through here, Google, MTS, and anywhere I could think in order to find some way to fix this, but no such luck. Does anyone have ANY idea of how the hell I can fix this [keeping in mind, and I apologize for this, that I am pretty much a shit-for-brains where these computer innards' are concerned]?

Many thanks in advance!

Edit: I'm a dumbass. End.
« Last Edit: 2010 February 04, 18:58:59 by InQuietNight » Logged
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: Where the hell is my sandwich?!
« Reply #1 on: 2010 February 04, 18:38:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried replacing the stove?

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
InQuietNight
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 February 04, 18:58:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am... baffled, and more than a little humiliated that I did not think of that before. Apparently the stove thought it was being used (for the past 3 days, stove? Rly?). Shift+Click was able to allow me to delete it.

You win an internetz.
Minerva
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 February 04, 20:18:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Problems and errors similar to yours have been happening with the release of the recent patch. Chairs, stoves and a couple other things are 'useless' unless you sell it and buy a new one. It happens though. I'm glad to see that someone else had a similar problem that wasn't from one of the tardville forums and wasn't prescribed a total reinstallation of the game.
Mosquito
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 February 05, 07:15:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess your stove had the "workaholic" trait... Grin
Turd Ferguson
Blathering Buffoon

Solving mysteries in a van

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 February 05, 07:51:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where the hell is my sandwich?!

I blame Heavy Weapons Guy

"There's a deep-seated paranoia that Americans have about not being Americans or something." - Billy Joel

"The problem with this country is that old fucks vote. We got shit to do, old folks don't, the only thing they have to do is judge you and vote." - Doug Stanhope
TheSimsandwich
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 February 05, 09:18:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a sandwich.  And I'm here. So... yeah.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: