More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:23:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Strange Release by Avenged Create A Sim
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Strange Release by Avenged Create A Sim  (Read 9498 times)
Menchii
Asinine Airhead

Standing Kitteh!!

View Profile
Strange Release by Avenged Create A Sim
« on: 2010 February 03, 10:23:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone know what the heck this is?  What I hope for is a standalone CAS like we had for the Sims 2.  Starting a new game and binning sims is a pain when you just want to create some sims for later.  All my research comes up with nothing useful at all about this release.  I can't find anything on the official website.  I haven't searched the official BBS either, because it is full of useless crap and is unintelligible.   

http://www.rlslog.net/sims-3-create-a-sim-avenged/

NFO Hump has this:  http://www.nfohump.com/index.php?switchto=nfos&menu=quicknav&item=viewnfo&id=143547

In the nfo this site is mentioned which just tells us what CAS is:  http://www.sims3website.com/sims-3-info/sims-3-create-a-sim/

TPB has it so it must be worth something.  A VIP uploaded it.  http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5329698/Sims.3.Create.A.Sim-AVENGED

If anyone knows what this is please shed some light on the subject.  If someone with time wants to download and install to find out that would be nice.  I'm not in the mood for a 2GB download that might make my game explode into a BFBVFS.  Or is this some L&P money making scheme by EA to sell us stuff we already have? 

And, you know, rude, mean people want a place to call home, too. There are plenty of sugary nice places already. This ain't one of them.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
Re: Strange Release by Avenged Create A Sim
« Reply #1 on: 2010 February 03, 10:43:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's just CAS without the rest of the game. No idea why someone would pirate that, considering that if you are going to pirate something, you would be better off pirating the full game than just the character creator.

Kralore
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 February 03, 12:48:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sadly this is very real.  If you go to the EA store http://eastore.ea.com/ on the right side you should see a graphic advertising it.  "Get the Create A Sim download for FREE with any purchase at the EA Store! $10 value. Sale ends 2/9"

Most likely EA will continue to sell it after the 9th for the mentioned $10 value.  Just another grab for more sim player money.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 February 03, 12:52:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA probably thinks that this Create a Sim release will get players hooked onto the game, making the person buy it which will get EA more money. Classic money grabbing by EA
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2010 February 03, 19:00:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Plenty of (stupid) people would have bought it before TS3 came out, but now?  Only the most severely retarded sims fans will be picking this one up.

Turd Ferguson
Blathering Buffoon

Solving mysteries in a van

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 February 03, 23:41:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there nothing EA won't nickel and dime us for?

"There's a deep-seated paranoia that Americans have about not being Americans or something." - Billy Joel

"The problem with this country is that old fucks vote. We got shit to do, old folks don't, the only thing they have to do is judge you and vote." - Doug Stanhope
Menchii
Asinine Airhead

Standing Kitteh!!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 February 04, 06:22:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So is it worth downloading if you want to just make some sims for later?  Or should I just go into the real game and bin em?  They will probably save them as .sims3packs not .sims.  Sounds like it is not worth it.  I went and looked for the banner at the official site as suggested but it wasn't clickable to get more information.  Funny stupid the banner has a button that says "Learn More" but it isn't a button.  It just looks like one and can't be clicked.  Is it standalone?  What about custom content?  EA I hate you.  You tell us nothing and make fake buttons!!  Good thing we have Pirate Cat.  But we must not anger Bandwidth Cat.     

And, you know, rude, mean people want a place to call home, too. There are plenty of sugary nice places already. This ain't one of them.
TheSimsandwich
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 February 04, 07:32:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like the same logic crack pushers use to get "clientele" hooked.

Except the morbidly retarded are the crack whores.
Tsarina
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 February 04, 10:16:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are the required computer specifications posted anywhere? I wouldn't say I'm severely retarded, but I'd consider arring it just to try playing around with sim-making. Sim-making is the main reason I wanted TS3 in the first place, but, alas, ewe needs moar CPU.

INEPT INTP
Krisan Thyme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 February 04, 23:41:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just tested it out, and it isn't worth the time to arr it, much less is it worth a single red cent to buy. This isn't like TS2's CAS tool at all, it just launches its own stripped down version of the base-game instead.. and it's 2GB because it uses its own duplicate resources from the main game. (meaning it doesn't acknowledge CC, Store, or expansion content as existing at all.. and wastes unnecessary space on your hard-drive.) It's not that much faster to load than starting the normal game itself either, so there's really zero advantage to using this at all..
« Last Edit: 2010 February 04, 23:47:48 by Krisan Thyme » Logged
Menchii
Asinine Airhead

Standing Kitteh!!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 February 05, 03:53:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for saving us the time of downloading it.  Just curious what format did it save the sims in?  .sims3pack or .sim?

Krisan Thyme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 February 05, 05:08:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, like I said. It's basically just a stripped down version of the Sims 3 that boots directly into CAS.. so it saves as *.sim like normal. It's pretty worthless a 'tool' honestly, only good as a demo of the game at best.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: