More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:59:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  How To Get AwesomeMOD work with High-End Loft
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How To Get AwesomeMOD work with High-End Loft  (Read 38750 times)
WWETorriefan
Asinine Airhead

The New Noob.

View Profile
How To Get AwesomeMOD work with High-End Loft
« on: 2010 February 03, 02:13:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Topic. This is a question, not directions of how to get it working... Well, yes, I have installed it, when I had added the AwesomeMod to the High-End Loft Packages (Yes it's in Mods) folder it still wouldn't work. It had worked before I installed High-End.  Can please someone help? Undecided

Full lips, small head!
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: How To Get AwesomeMOD work with High-End Loft
« Reply #1 on: 2010 February 03, 02:16:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Be patient, Pescado is working on it.
WWETorriefan
Asinine Airhead

The New Noob.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 February 03, 02:21:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK thanks, so do I have to remove the AwesomeMod Files to play?
Thanks a mill.! Smiley

Full lips, small head!
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 February 03, 02:32:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK thanks, so do I have to remove the AwesomeMod Files to play?
Thanks a mill.! Smiley

Personally, I would wait.  Pescado said it would be a few hours.  He is generally very timely about these things.  If you must check out the new stuff and must take out AM (AwesomeMod) in order to do it, then take it out.  Just make sure you start a new hood/game, just as a tester.  I wouldn't risk playing an existing AwesomeModded hood/save game without AM.

See?
Test version...huzzah!
« Last Edit: 2010 February 03, 02:52:51 by snowbawl » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 February 03, 02:48:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1.9/2.4/HELS test version available here.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
WWETorriefan
Asinine Airhead

The New Noob.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 February 03, 03:08:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's fine without the AM. I didn't bother testing it w/o AM. Lol. Ooh, and thanks Pescado!

Full lips, small head!
WWETorriefan
Asinine Airhead

The New Noob.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 February 03, 03:34:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Re-make? It didn't work for me. The Loading Screen won't load. At least you tried Smiley

Full lips, small head!
almostawesome
Blathering Buffoon

Swag out the max

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 February 03, 03:36:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please don't double post, there is a modify button for a reason.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 February 03, 03:59:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it's working for me using 1.9/2.4, so...if it doesn't work for you, I don't know, you'll just have to wait until I get a proper HELS to test with.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 February 03, 04:12:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just installed HELS and the test version of AM, and working perfectly for me.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
aquila
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 February 03, 04:52:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Odd. I installed the test version, and even a fresh awesomeconfig, but it hangs endlessly at the loading screen. I don't mind waiting obviously -- it'll be ready when it's ready and all that, thanks for having even a test version out today. Although I am wondering how you got yours to work wizard_merlin. I assume you have WA too?
Monkee
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 February 03, 05:05:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Guys, check your versions. You probably updated to 3.0. Hence why Awesomemod isn't working. Just be patient.
aquila
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 February 03, 05:09:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Indeed -- to be honest I didn't expect to see anything definitive on this forum about it for another several days, I was surprised to see an update for the base patches. I wouldn't have posted, except that I saw wizard_merlin say they got theirs working. It made me curious.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 February 03, 05:17:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Although I am wondering how you got yours to work wizard_merlin. I assume you have WA too?

I also have WA installed.

I also copied the resource.cfg file, and the d3dx9_31.dll into the relevant locations in the HELS folders.  Basically set up the framework, just like we had to for WA to work.  I then installed the test version of AM for 1.9/2.4/HELS, made a shortcut to the TS3SP01.exe, to bypass the launcher, clicked the new shortcut, and the game loaded and ran like it was supposed to.  I now have the resource.cfg and the d3dx9_31.dll files in all three game folders.

Just waiting now for 3booter and the fpslimiter to be confirmed as ready for HELS.
« Last Edit: 2010 February 03, 05:22:46 by wizard_merlin » Logged

aquila
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 February 03, 05:25:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh, that worked like a charm. Thank you.
WWETorriefan
Asinine Airhead

The New Noob.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 February 03, 05:33:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait. I have 3.0. Tongue No wonder it wasn't working! Ugh. I'm mentally retarded!!! Thanks for the info Monkee.

Full lips, small head!
WWETorriefan
Asinine Airhead

The New Noob.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 February 03, 05:35:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So how do I get this 1.9/2.4 Update? And whats HELS? I've never gotten that before.
« Last Edit: 2010 February 03, 05:45:46 by WWETorriefan » Logged

Full lips, small head!
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 February 03, 05:51:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So how do I get this 1.9/2.4 Update? And whats HELS? I've never gotten that before.

HELS = High End Loft Stuff.  When installing HELS, it will update the game.

Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2010 February 03, 05:54:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Works fine, but I have some black textures, which means I have some conflicting or broken mods somewhere, and at this moment I cannot be bothered to go through them all and see what needs updating.

I can't believe they needed make a HELS into whole new install directory, with it's own .exe file, just for the sake of less than 200Mb of added objects that could have been installed via the launcher.

WWETorriefan
Asinine Airhead

The New Noob.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010 February 03, 06:01:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Smiley Finally got it working.  Smiley
« Last Edit: 2010 February 03, 06:20:36 by WWETorriefan » Logged

Full lips, small head!
Viscount
immortelleMuse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010 February 03, 06:03:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WWETorriefan:
Modify button. USE IT.

To answer your question: What's the difference between Alpha/Beta of ANY software?
Hint: If you still don't get it, there's always Google.

I won't force feed information you can get yourself.

SemiEdit:
Thank you Anach, that explains why the download was freaking 4 GB. I suppose the Blue Lot Fixer won't find errors with HELS until it too is updated. Meh.
It should NOT be this much effort to run a game decently. SHOULD NOT.

No matter how old you are, no matter how badass you think you are, if a toddler hands you their ringing toy phone-- you answer it.
Rainbow_Brite
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2010 February 03, 06:04:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I followed Wizard_Merlin's installation, and my game is working fine Smiley I'm using the 1.9/2.4/HELS test version that pes posted a few posts up and my game is running with no issues at all Smiley Again, like Wizard_Merlin, I have my resource.cfg and my d3dx9_31.dll files in all three directories and am running version 3.0 Smiley
« Last Edit: 2010 February 03, 07:24:44 by Rainbow_Brite » Logged

Dorthe
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010 February 03, 17:59:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First thank you so very much for AM Mr. Prescado, Sir!

I have Sims 3 WA with Awesome test file running nicely with the new patch (for High End) on Vista (Intel processored computer). The Hign End stuff though is not yet released in Denmark through the Downloadmanager, so sorry but can't tell you at this point if it makes a difference.

I wanted to test how things reacted if I didn't update Awesome, and Awesome actually doesn't stop the startprogram or the launcher but it do make the program stop while loading the WA game part just to tell you there is a core conflict and letting you choose between quit and ignore. Nice touch. I couldn't however choose either, so I forced the program to stop.
This information is to all of you who cleams that you can't get as far as to start the gameload because of Awesome. The same happened on another computer with AMD processor and Vista. So if you are running Vista, you can come as far as me, if your installation besides Awesome are compatible with the new patch.

Futher I can tell you, that I didn't move anything before updating. I have Delphy's Mokeyhelper installed but only for the Framework configuration shake. My .dll is in the WA Game Bin folder, and so are my Mods folder. I have lots (and I do mean lots) of package files installed, and they all show up in game after the update. What I don't have is any package file that has not been run through Delphy's Dashboard (from MTS) without any comments. The ones that were corrupted has been fixed, and the ones that were duplicates or conflicted with others has been removed.

WHAT I DID NOTICE WAS: All my thumbnails changed - not just the ones on package files but also the ones on Sims3pack files. It is no longer possible to see who the creator was - all you see is the picture. I do not appreciate the change, cause it makes it even harder to locate a file, but it is a change that I can live with, cause it's not EA's problem - sorry - but our own to make sure that we can track and handle our own CC's.

Also I noticed that the package files - as allways so far - was loaded much faster than the Sims3pack files. The package files are loaded together with game and are ready to use at once the game is loaded. The Sims3pack files however first start to upload (update) when the game has been loaded. I think but can't tell for sure that it's the use of both files types that slows down both CAS and game, and that is proberbly because EA has build the program to be used with one and not two. Maybe they have taken your statement "there can only be one" a little too litteraly Mr. P, Sir ( Wink Wink).

I am sure that lots of you already knows this, but to those who do not: When a program is updated the update has not finish before the program has been loaded. An update will among others cause the cache files to be updated as well once the program has been activated, and this can take some time, so please, please, please never ever update anything if you are not in the mood to have and be patience.
If not then at least admit you own impatience and take responsability for it. Deal with it. Creators and developers have more than enough to do from the moment a new patch/update has been released and forward without hav'ing to deal with people that won't admit to their own faults and responsabilities.

Also I noticed, that the Downloadmanager updated it self when activated, and just the other day it was updated as well. So if anyone is having problem with the new patch, I suggest you start with bringing the Downloadmanager up to date. As far as I can tell the version should be 6.0.0.100.
I suggest disabling the shopping (downloading from store and exchange in game) part. It does not work as a browser or even a downloader any longer but as a tracker. Besides the point that a tracker always affect the preformance of the processor as well as the security while online, it is not okay for EA to make a tracker that is hardcored and goes as deep into the system. EA needs to respect the respect that people are showing them by using the Downloadmanager.

Best regards.

Viscount
immortelleMuse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010 February 04, 02:40:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wanted to report I got HELS installed (version 3.0) and the test version is working beautifully (to my knowledge) and the 3 booter is working for me as well. My other teeny XML mods seem to be working fine as well-- no black objects or blue lots on my end. Store content that I had installed as either a .dbc archive or merged .package file also works fine.

I have Vista (32 bit) and for me, everything (like I said) is working beautifully. However, the post was bit tealdeery, so yeah. Don't know what you're problem is with thumbnails, everything for me seems to be fine.

Anyway, thanks for the quick update of AwesomeMod and whatnot. Efficiency sure is, well, awesome.

No matter how old you are, no matter how badass you think you are, if a toddler hands you their ringing toy phone-- you answer it.
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2010 February 04, 02:49:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sigh. I think we may have to amend coconnor's help thread for the idiots who can't figure shit out on their own.

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: