More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 16:14:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Patch 1.9/2.4 Issues (now with Fix)!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Patch 1.9/2.4 Issues (now with Fix)!  (Read 29877 times)
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Patch 1.9/2.4 Issues
« Reply #50 on: 2010 February 04, 19:45:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

go here C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp, then sort by date, look for the newest folder created by date and time you patched, you should find rtpatch.txt inside the folder, scroll to the end of the txt, you will find the problem file.
Okay thanks, it says the problem is Game\Bin\Resource.cfg
I don't even know if thats supposed to be in there, but it stops the update whether its in or not.
Freezerburn
Dimwitted Dunce

I haet F-ly retarded snowflaek

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2010 February 05, 01:28:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got the launcher and EADM working on my Win7 64bit system! Figure this out if you can!
Here is the procedure and the various results that led to serendipitous success!
Disabled Comodo Firewall.
Disable Real Time Virus protection.
Installed just The Sims 3 & EADM.
Launcher crashes on running.
EADM (5.0.0.255) cannot find Internet Connection.
Installed Patch 1.9.
Launcher crashes on running.
Installed World Adventures.
Message that newer version of Base Game detected, advised to patch after install.
Launcher crashes on running. Cannot End Process in Task Manager.
Reboot PC.
Forgot to exit Comodo Firewall.
Forgot to Disable Real Time Virus protection.
EADM (5.0.0.255) connects to the Internet after allowing it in Comodo Firewall.
Disabled Comodo Firewall.
Disable Real Time Virus protection.
Installed Patch 2.4.
Enabled Comodo Firewall.
EADM (5.0.0.255) connects to the Internet after allowing it in Comodo Firewall.
Launcher Runs perfectly after allowing it in Comodo Firewall.
So if I exit from Comodo Firewall (IE the firewall is off) EADM and the launcher can't access the Internet, yet if I run/enable the firewall, they can (after I approve them/create rules in Comodo).
It doesn't make sense?!?!.
A last quick question, should I/is there any point in updating to EADM 5.1.0.4

Is Comodo Firewall that causes your EADM to not connect to Internet? I used Kaspersky and my EADM can connect to the internet again after patching

ISTJ                       
Imma Ee Ass Elle
Don't Abuse The Search Box!
jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Patch 1.9/2.4 Issues (now with Fix)!
« Reply #52 on: 2010 February 05, 05:54:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a new one, at least in my experience -- I started a new game after the patch, and couldn't find anything different until I sent my Sim to China.  All bookcases on all lots in China are completely empty -- the "Read" interaction is grayed out.  Back in his house, or in the library at home, my Sim has all the books he could want.

I immediately suspected tight pants, and the only mod that I thought might have something to do with it is Anach's "make-all-buyable (including books)."  But that doesn't make sense as Anach's stuff has always worked flawlessly before, and besides this is not a core mod by my memory.  In any case, I removed that mod and the bookcases in China were still empty.

I haven't sent my Sim to Egypt or France yet, as I prefer to get him through China and up to visa level 3 as soon as possible.

*suddenly has a flash of possible insight*

I wonder whether the culprit is the free bookcase that came out with WA?  It would follow the common EA pattern in which objects long since in existence suddenly break with a new EP, or even a patch.  Think in terms of the mini-fridges ever since AL in TS2, all the complaints about broken pianos, etc.  And just when I was going to download the other free stuff I'd heard about, it being, you know, free.

I will test this out tomorrow as it is getting much too late here.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: 2010 February 05, 07:53:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I immediately suspected tight pants, and the only mod that I thought might have something to do with it is Anach's "make-all-buyable (including books)."  But that doesn't make sense as Anach's stuff has always worked flawlessly before, and besides this is not a core mod by my memory. 
Seriously? Unless the mod has been cleared for 1.9/2.4, it doesn't matter how well it worked before, it can bork your game. I would suspect the mod before an EAxis bookcase.

jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2010 February 05, 19:31:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anach's mods are cleared for 1.9/2.4 now -- but I did neglect to mention that little tidbit.  My mistake.

Haven't had a chance to see what happens if I delete the free bookcase, though I'll admit (now at a more decent hour of the day) my theory of last night does sound a bit hard to believe.  I'll post back if I find out anything.  I figure it must be tight pants, since I never saw this before the patch, but no one else has reported it either.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: 2010 February 05, 19:40:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do your sims have any uncommon or rare seeds in their inventory? This has also been linked to strange behaviour.

jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2010 February 06, 01:48:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(rewriting and shortening post)

No, although that certainly is interesting.  But through a bunch of tests, I think I've determined the culprit.  It seems a mod that was installed when I first loaded China, but is now uninstalled, broke China permanently.  I think it was the mod from MTS2 that added a Put All Books Away interaction to any bookcase, which instantly moved all books from the active Sim's inventory to that bookcase.  Why that mod broke China, and not the main neighborhood, I cannot say.  But with that mod removed, fresh instances of both China and Egypt loaded fine.

Anyway, problem solved, so it seems.  (Not really, since the bookcases in China will be broken as long as this hood lasts -- but it's not a big deal as I don't remember using bookcases in vacation hoods.)
« Last Edit: 2010 February 06, 02:05:55 by jwaas » Logged
Cerridwen
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2010 February 06, 22:34:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And my insects are gone. Go on, go send your sim to find butterflies or ground crawling bugs. Mine disappeared completely. I contacted EA and at first they told me it was the fault of Windows 7. Now I got a message saying it's a "known issue" with the patch that they are looking into.

Thanks for this.    I have the same issue and am running on Vista so it can not be a Windows 7 issue.   At least I know it's their fault, not CC.  In fact the ONLY file I have in my Mods folder is betterenergygainnofreepretties.package.

In fact... I just went to look for my Mods folder and it and the resource.cfg file are in the Electronic Arts Folder, not TheSims3,TheSims3WorldAdventure or TheSims3HighEndLoftStuff folders.    And the mod still works.   Don't know if .package objects will work from there as I no longer use them, but that mod does.   
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: 2010 February 07, 00:42:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need to delete your scripts.cache

KipperOhio
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2010 February 09, 09:51:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else had trouble with build mode with this latest patch?  If I go to a lot with a swimming pool on it and try to rebuild or add on to it, the game completely shuts down. I use vista.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2010 February 09, 11:41:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think that's unique to this patch, it happens normally with older bugged lots.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: