More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:45:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Patch 1.9/2.4 Issues (now with Fix)!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Patch 1.9/2.4 Issues (now with Fix)!  (Read 29622 times)
DELETEACCOUNT
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Patch 1.9/2.4 Issues (now with Fix)!
« on: 2010 February 02, 21:55:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

DELETEACCOUNT
« Last Edit: 2012 June 05, 20:16:20 by DELETEACCOUNT » Logged
Immortelle
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Patch 1.9/2.4 Issues
« Reply #1 on: 2010 February 02, 23:15:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been having issues with the new patch as well.  It doesn't seem to want to load up with the framework required to have .package files and mods.  The game hung on loading, and when I removed the mods file from the base game, everything was all hunky dory again.  Just wouldn't run .package files anymore. (note to self: stop downloading EA patches, they fuck things up instead of fixing)

"Thou hast no more brain than I have in mine elbows." --- Shakespearian insult
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 February 02, 23:37:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So they really want to kill custom content so we are stuck with the rip-off Shop?

This is not going to end well ...
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 February 02, 23:41:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would've thought EA had better things to do with their time, like going after the billion or so Blue Sweater GirlTM pregnancy/rape "stories" (and I use that term extremely lightly) that are clogging up their shitty Exchange rather than trying to kill off the very reason why people even bother playing The Sims any more.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 February 03, 00:09:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ugh. Thanks for the heads up. I'll be refraining from simming until further notice. More work, less play. May be dull, but I've had enough wonkiness with this game for one lifetime and do not wish to experience any more.

sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 February 03, 00:13:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most definitely. I see the official announcement says that it fixes the Windows 7 EADM problem. Snort, snicker....yeah, right.

teacc
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 February 03, 00:28:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I upgraded my game to version 2.4.7.004017 and so far my mod folder (.package files) loads just fine. I have not tried it with Awesome Mod in though.
JacquiES
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 February 03, 00:34:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have honestly almost given up on the Sims 3.  It really is more work than play, especially for someone who won't pay for all of EA's shit.  Whether it is reinstalling everything because the new patch jacks something up, or jumping through hoops over and over again to get custom content to work, I just don't feel like it anymore.  EA seems paranoid and desperate now and it's getting old.  When I get ready to play a game these days, which has been rare, it is usually the Sims 2.  Much less work there.

I really might wait to deal with all of this after it has been out for years and everything is dealt with by the modders and whatnot.  I don't feel like I am missing out on all that much anyways.
socurious
Exasperating Eyesore

Loki Craptastic!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 February 03, 00:47:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The patch is do.not.want.   I don't have the stuff pack, AM is not updated for this patch, and as if that were not reason enough, the following quote copypasta from the official site:

..."Before installing an Update for The Sims 3, an Expansion Pack, or a Stuff Pack, it is a good idea to run through the following checklist to ensure your game continues to work smoothly.

If you have any questions about the below steps, please visit the Technical Support forum on the official Sims 3 community found at this URL: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/forums/show/10.page"

I really like the "continues" to run smoothly bit.  I'm still trying to get custom content to show after HD failure and reinstall.  If it is necessary to warn people before installing, I'm thinking it's not such a good idea to do. The really craptastic thing about all of this is that if you open the launcher, the download manager halts all processes until you install. No information unless you shut everything down and go to the website (won't use the launcher to do that).  Pushy little contraption, I tell ya'.  Did they unbreak the broken launcher?

I prefer to wait and see.  

..."you should certainly be well-read in a subject before you pass judgement on it," Solowren
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 February 03, 00:53:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't really think the warning is a sign of anything evil or nefarious, it's just a standard cautionary warning. Regardless, expect the AwesomeMod update within a few hours.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
lauriej
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 February 03, 01:33:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i have new laptop with windows 7 and insalled all sets updates and game works better then on my windows xp which gives me an error message when i try to download anything from store without having first opened launcher something about the application failed to inintailize and to make sure i dont have more then one applications running at a tiem.
Immortelle
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 February 03, 02:16:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right.  I've  managed to get the the game to run with the .package files.  And note well the wording their folks.  It was incredibly slow to load up.  I timed it, 15 minutes in total to get to my actual neighbourhood.  And once there, the game play was incredibly slow and laggy.  And quitting takes forever.  After 6 minutes I grew fed up and did a force quit.

Fuck this shit, I'm going back to Sims 2.  Who wants to play a game that slow and laggy.  Wake me up when they manage to figure out how to make it run properly again.  With CC.  And no kids it aint the processor.  I have a pretty good processor and graphics chip in this machine, above and beyond what the game requires, so that should not factor into it.

EA, the very thought of your odious existence makes me nauseous.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 February 03, 02:21:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I cannot reproduce your horrible lagging in MY game, so I attribute the problem to something caused by you, because you suck.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Immortelle
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 February 03, 02:46:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Pes. Perhaps the reason for you not having lag on your game is because you have a PC.  So you suck for not having a Mac Tongue

Perhaps it is a build issue.  And something quite possibly caused by the CC.  I have over 360 package items in my game, and I did notice during earlier testing that when I started introducing CC into the game that it did seem be less laggy at some point.  It still is a patch issue, because again, things worked fine prior to the patch.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 February 03, 02:57:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Pes. Perhaps the reason for you not having lag on your game is because you have a PC.  So you suck for not having a Mac Tongue
And whose fault is it that all these Mac people REFUSE TO GIVE ME SHELL so I can compile Mac shit for them? I mean, you don't seriously think I'm dumb enough to pay Apple premium prices for a machine that is physically the same as a PC, do you? Although if you can run Linux software, as you can install Linux on everything, you're good to go, as every TS3 tool I make comes with a Linux version, as I primarily develop them for Linux.

Protip: Try not running the game in an emulator. That never helps your performance. Use that Basic Training thing you have.

Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2010 February 03, 02:59:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Immortelle -  it may be that some packages are broken - I found a raon hair that was loading tens of thousands of times in 3 minutes of play. Is there anything like process monitor for Mac?

socurious
Exasperating Eyesore

Loki Craptastic!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 February 03, 03:09:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right.  I've  managed to get the the game to run with the .package files.  And note well the wording their folks.  It was incredibly slow to load up.  I timed it, 15 minutes in total to get to my actual neighbourhood.  And once there, the game play was incredibly slow and laggy.  And quitting takes forever.  After 6 minutes I grew fed up and did a force quit.

Fuck this shit, I'm going back to Sims 2.  Who wants to play a game that slow and laggy.  Wake me up when they manage to figure out how to make it run properly again.  With CC.  And no kids it aint the processor.  I have a pretty good processor and graphics chip in this machine, above and beyond what the game requires, so that should not factor into it.

EA, the very thought of your odious existence makes me nauseous.

I had the same issue before my puper crapped.  It would take sooo long for my game to load it wasn't worth even playing.  When it would finally load, the lag was so bad I wanted to throw the computer out the window.  I'd try to quit and save, but it would take HOURS.  To fix the issue, I found the content I wanted in Sims3pack, used the S3rc to compressorize, then extracted them, grouped them into categories and packaged them.  My game now loads within 3 minutes and I have a little shy of 1 gig worth of content added.  

But you're absolutely right.  How much time does it take to get the stupid game to run "smoothly"?  Is it worth all the time it takes to figure out "which" folder "what" file needs to be in, or the proper syntax or text string that's needed to make the content show?  I've actually gotten to the point where I spend more time researching and trying stuff out than I do playing the game. (I kinda enjoy the discovery process though.)  Tongue  I hope you get everything figured out and enjoy playing once again.  

..."you should certainly be well-read in a subject before you pass judgement on it," Solowren
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 February 03, 03:26:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there anything like process monitor for Mac?

Not exactly. Personally, I've been using a sort of estimate method, in which I add one new piece of CC at a time. If the load time is unbearably long or the lag is noticeable, I pitch it. It's a pain in the ass, but activity monitor (the mac quasi-equivalent of process monitor) doesn't monitor .package files.

That being said, some past patches have fucked mac users over, so it's entirely possible it's just the patch and not the CC at all. One of the earlier ones caused huge load up times on my macbook, without any CC present at all.

I sing along with elevator music.
Sparks
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2010 February 03, 03:36:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone have links to the standalone patches?

I Can Haz Portal 2?!
Elvie
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010 February 03, 03:49:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,17999.msg519440.html#msg519440
TheSimsandwich
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010 February 03, 04:02:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I mean, you don't seriously think I'm dumb enough to pay Apple premium prices for a machine that is physically the same as a PC, do you?

Actually, all current Macs (except for the currently non-shipping $3000 27" model) all use laptop grade processors and the low end GPUs. But hey, at least you get the "joy" of OSX.
jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010 February 03, 04:53:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After reading this thread, I decided for absolutely no good reason whatsoever to install the patch.  (Meaning that at the moment I have no intention of buying HELS.)  I do not run AwesomeMod, and in fact run very little CC of any sort -- some skintones, a few XML tweaks, Buzzler's mirror, the twallan Supercomputer, a very trimmed-down setup of the Tuneable Core, and that's about it.  I'm running Vista on a year-old machine with a quad-core AMD powerplant, adequate for the purpose but definitely not a high-end gaming rig.

The short form of the story is that everything seems to work fine, at least so far.  Both WA and the base game updated, pretty much without a hitch.  Which is more than I can say for the 1.8/2.3 update.  My guess is the game will in principle be running fine with the AwesomeMod any moment now, if in fact it isn't already.  In my lurking, which is mostly what I do here, I'm reading the comments about how the game works with Windows 7 with interest, since I am considering getting a Windows 7 laptop in the near future.
gelfling
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010 February 03, 05:12:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Launcher is no more stable following the 1.9 and 2.4 patch on Windows 7 x64 than it was before so if EA fixed anything at all, it is not apparent.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010 February 03, 05:39:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is the first place I came to after the launcher announced the new patch was available.  Apparently I CAN be taught.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2010 February 03, 06:37:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Launcher is no more stable following the 1.9 and 2.4 patch on Windows 7 x64 than it was before so if EA fixed anything at all, it is not apparent.
Does it MATTER? The Launcher is no more USEFUL following said patch, either.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: