More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 06:14:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Patch 1.9/2.4 Issues (now with Fix)!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Patch 1.9/2.4 Issues (now with Fix)!  (Read 29861 times)
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Re: Patch 1.9/2.4 Issues
« Reply #25 on: 2010 February 03, 08:39:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No problems yet but my graphics card seems to be working more than ever since the fan is VERY loud now.
Immortelle
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010 February 03, 10:42:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the good news is the game is now running properly.  Took a bit of stuffing around, as even when I sorted out the speed issue I  had problems with hair for the first time since installing WA.  I think the next patch I'll delay installing. And the new stuff pack?  Meh! Complete waste of money! Send it to the Haitians instead.

"Thou hast no more brain than I have in mine elbows." --- Shakespearian insult
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010 February 03, 17:42:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh! Complete waste of money! Send it to the Haitians instead.

And of course, it's the only way to get the aquarium in your game.  I predict a whole slew of stuff packs that include one item each of Things That Should Have Been In the First Game:  one stuff pack with a piano, one stuff pack with a diving board, etc.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
PrinJess
Blathering Buffoon

I shall take ovur the wurld wit grammer!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010 February 03, 18:06:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh! Complete waste of money! Send it to the Haitians instead.

And of course, it's the only way to get the aquarium in your game.  I predict a whole slew of stuff packs that include one item each of Things That Should Have Been In the First Game:  one stuff pack with a piano, one stuff pack with a diving board, etc.

...The pirates life for me. Arr~
Druscylla
Corpulent Cretin

Wicked Stepsister

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010 February 03, 18:54:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I patched thinking maybe it would fix the launcher instability for when I actually use the stupid thing to install things. It is maybe an iota more stable - meaning I only have to force it to shut down 6 times instead of 7 before I can install a simspack or those new free things in the Store. And my insects are gone. Go on, go send your sim to find butterflies or ground crawling bugs. Mine disappeared completely. I contacted EA and at first they told me it was the fault of Windows 7. Now I got a message saying it's a "known issue" with the patch that they are looking into. The same response they gave me when my launcher stopped working and it took them over a month to attempt to release a fix for that. All I wanted was an aquarium. Sad
Turd Ferguson
Blathering Buffoon

Solving mysteries in a van

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010 February 03, 23:47:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Had to completely reinstall Base/WA due to messed up core backups. Kinda nice to have a clean start though. Any idea when Awesomod will get its update?

"There's a deep-seated paranoia that Americans have about not being Americans or something." - Billy Joel

"The problem with this country is that old fucks vote. We got shit to do, old folks don't, the only thing they have to do is judge you and vote." - Doug Stanhope
Sparks
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2010 February 03, 23:49:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've patched my game and I've installed HELS. Before patching and installing, I removed all Mods and CC and DCCache and Saves and WorldCaches. So basically I had a completely bare game (patched up to current + World Adventures).

All went well. I played for about 3 hours last night starting a new Sunset Valley, created a new Sim, built an extensive house and played for about 3 Sim days. Today, I figured I'd try putting everything back. From my experience, the only Mod that appears to work is that same old No Intro on MTS. AM and Twallan's Mods don't work (the game will begin to load but never progress, even after leaving it to load all day while I ran errands) and yes, I know AM will be updated when Pes is good and ready, but I had that one already in there with the rest so, yeah. I've tried adding empty Mods folders to base game folders and World Adventures folders with the actual Mods folder in the new HELS install, moving DCCache back to its original home, copying DCCache in both its original home AND Mods folder, and I cannot get completely into the game. After removing all Mods and keeping CC, I can load and choose a family, but as soon as the progress bar completely fills and should open the family lot, my game crashes. No message. No prompts.

I have read some people here got things working with CC/Mods after patching. What were your steps?

I Can Haz Portal 2?!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2010 February 04, 00:18:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have Framework Fail. Remember to move your DLL. And AwesomeMod is already updated and available in test. Since like, yesterday. WOH-pah!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Turd Ferguson
Blathering Buffoon

Solving mysteries in a van

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2010 February 04, 00:21:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have Framework Fail. Remember to move your DLL. And AwesomeMod is already updated and available in test. Since like, yesterday. WOH-pah!

You never fail to impress me El Presidente.

"There's a deep-seated paranoia that Americans have about not being Americans or something." - Billy Joel

"The problem with this country is that old fucks vote. We got shit to do, old folks don't, the only thing they have to do is judge you and vote." - Doug Stanhope
Botswana
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2010 February 04, 01:03:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see EA did nothing to fix the issues with the sims3.package files, considering I can't install store content that I got from the website legally, or store content from MATY. I was about to switch my hate for EA to Activision, but I guess that will have to wait.
cherylflamm
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2010 February 04, 04:52:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi. I have Windows 7, 64 bit laptop, with WA, and awesomemod, and lots of cool cc, updated to 2.4 with EA and now can't create a sim and it seems like some of my saves are gone. Takes absolutely forever to load what I have. Should I start all over, and not get any of EA's patches, or what? My game too takes AN EON to do anything! Please, some advice? Thank you. Cuz so far, I have been very impressed with this sight, everything I have downloaded has worked properly, and if I could just get the game to run good, I would be a very happy camper thanks to you, you guys helped me get my sims looking real. Thank you!
ChilltownNJ
Blathering Buffoon

Go head, Pull it, I Dare U!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2010 February 04, 05:16:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

cherylflamm, I have read quite a few posts that state whenever you are installing a patch, your best bet is to backup and remove anything of importance: Mods folder, Save games and the like.  At this point, no one knows if a patch will fugg something up or change the way the game deals with certain files.  Some may say they know a patch "WILL" cause those problems.  LOL

Try moving your mods to a safe directory to see if they are breaking the way the game plays.  If your game plays fine or better without the mods, it probably means EA changed something and now the Mod maker has to compensate for the changes in order for it to run properly.

Thanks to this board, I now have a habit of testing the game bare, or at least with minimal mods, after a patch or EP installs.
« Last Edit: 2010 February 04, 05:23:39 by ChilltownNJ » Logged
cherylflamm
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2010 February 04, 05:34:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

cherylflamm, I have read quite a few posts that state whenever you are installing a patch, your best bet is to backup and remove anything of importance: Mods folder, Save games and the like.  At this point, no one knows if a patch will fugg something up or change the way the game deals with certain files.  Some may say they know a patch "WILL" cause those problems.  LOL

Try moving your mods to a safe directory to see if they are breaking the way the game plays.  If your game plays fine or better without the mods, it probably means EA changed something and now the Mod maker has to compensate for the changes in order for it to run properly.

Thanks to this board, I now have a habit of testing the game bare, or at least with minimal mods, after a patch or EP installs.

Oh Chilltown NJ, I really flubbered up, it was because I had automatic updates checked on my download manager, I believe, and I guess, I just let it happen. Well, now I gotta fix it. Do I reinstall from the beginning, and should I completely avoid EA, or is there away I can update to 2.3 only? Thanks for any and all help! And yes, I will read up, once again, on how to remove that stuff(Mods folder, Saved games) beforehand if I do decide to do the udate thing again. thanks chilltownnj
ChilltownNJ
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2010 February 04, 05:53:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm no expert but I will help you as best as I can.  I could be wrong but I think each update fixes specific issues, meaning you have to update in succession.  I don't think a recent patch will install without the prior patch.  To reinstall or not to reinstall, that is the question, best answered by your skills and time.  If you want to just get back to playing the game as it was prior to the update, then back up your savegames and mods and then reinstall.  Patch up to 1.8.25.003002 or the WA equivalent.  Test the game out a bit first and then put back the mods and savegames, making sure to also put back the framework for the mods.  This will save you some time and possibly prevent a headache or two.  Your problem could simply be the new update choked on a mod or two, but, weeding out which mod it was is the problem.  I have no clue what mods you use and if you use a ton, it would make troubleshooting much harder.  I believe Awesome mod has an update for the new patch, just to rule that out as the possible culprit try it out and see if things clear up, b4 you attempt other things.  That's if you use Awesome mod of course.
« Last Edit: 2010 February 04, 06:03:10 by ChilltownNJ » Logged
cherylflamm
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2010 February 04, 06:20:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes i do use awesomemod, and i love modthesims slider hacks, which i have quite a few of. also quite a bit of custom content. can i really update up to a certain version? EA won't immediately try to give me 2.4?
ChilltownNJ
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2010 February 04, 06:38:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe so long as you disable autoupdate you won't be forced to update.  But you may eventually have to update to install the latest Ep's, Stuff and possibly Store downloads.
Seraphyn
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2010 February 04, 07:14:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm at a loss at what to do. Call me anal, but I've always updated to the latest patch. I've deleted all my caches, moved my Mods folder, DCCache folder, and saved games to another location. Hell, I even removed my .dll file. Even before I did any of those, I ran MTS' Sims3 Dashboard to clear anything that might conflict. I try patching, and it fails due to "Invalid File Found." Never had it happen to me before, launcher's always been pretty good at updating patches and it's working with a bare game. It's probably right in my face, but T-bag me anyway.
ChilltownNJ
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2010 February 04, 07:49:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm at a loss at what to do. Call me anal, but I've always updated to the latest patch. I've deleted all my caches, moved my Mods folder, DCCache folder, and saved games to another location. Hell, I even removed my .dll file. Even before I did any of those, I ran MTS' Sims3 Dashboard to clear anything that might conflict. I try patching, and it fails due to "Invalid File Found." Never had it happen to me before, launcher's always been pretty good at updating patches and it's working with a bare game. It's probably right in my face, but T-bag me anyway.

Whenever I ran into the "Invalid File Found" issue, it was always because I forgot to replace the hacked ts3 or Ep .exe with the original one.
Another issue I had with patching was I tried to use the wrong region patch on my install but I can't remember exactly the error I had received.  The region patch I had used was for 001 when the region of the game that I was using was 002.
« Last Edit: 2010 February 04, 08:11:07 by ChilltownNJ » Logged
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2010 February 04, 08:06:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Make sure the executable has been patched to the latest patch. I realised that I had used a crack (because AwesomeMod's no-CD didn't seem to work back when I did this) that was patched up to 2.3, but the original executable that I had restored was not. Hence "Invalid File Found".
Sparks
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: 2010 February 04, 13:18:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just replaced all framework and it's still crashing. Anyone else have any ideas?

I Can Haz Portal 2?!
riggs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2010 February 04, 14:10:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let it never be said that EA doesn't know how to do bugs. ...

The screenshot above was taken in High-End Loft Stuff while running the Collect: Bugs macro.

Ever since going with Anach's merged-content trick, the game's been astonishingly trouble-free.
Freezerburn
Dimwitted Dunce

I haet F-ly retarded snowflaek

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2010 February 04, 14:11:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed the patch but not running my game yet, is this patch fix the nonappearance of store content? .package files my my game loads slow and laggy

ISTJ                       
Imma Ee Ass Elle
Don't Abuse The Search Box!
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2010 February 04, 15:27:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bah, neither patch will work.
I've tried removing and replacing all the usual suspect files with no joy.
The failed update moves too fast - I can't see which file is the culprit, I even tried recording this bit with fraps, but it won't record anything unless an application is running.
How else can I find which one is the problem file?
Freezerburn
Dimwitted Dunce

I haet F-ly retarded snowflaek

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2010 February 04, 16:39:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

go here C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp, then sort by date, look for the newest folder created by date and time you patched, you should find rtpatch.txt inside the folder, scroll to the end of the txt, you will find the problem file.

ISTJ                       
Imma Ee Ass Elle
Don't Abuse The Search Box!
Rooby
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
No Insects For Me, Either
« Reply #49 on: 2010 February 04, 18:41:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe they told the coders in Shanghai that they wanted a release with fewer bugs with the new patch?  Snort.  No 'insects' in any of my saved games now, nor in a 'new' game, when in the default town.  However, I zipped over to Egypt and there were still insects there.  Now if the mummitorium would regen...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: