More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:24:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Houses have Vanished and the Lots Turned Blue - Need to Fix!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Houses have Vanished and the Lots Turned Blue - Need to Fix!  (Read 4578 times)
jonas
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Houses have Vanished and the Lots Turned Blue - Need to Fix!
« on: 2010 February 02, 10:56:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know I've seen others with this issue and I'm 100% this isn't Awesomemod related but I had to ask this question here because of the following circumstances:

I've been playing the game just fine. I have all the content and much of it is all in .dbc format.

Recently, I decided to try re-installing Spore. I decided this because I liked the game before and had both add-ons unopened in their boxes. Previously it crashed on me all the time so I uninstalled it for about a year but thought it might be better now. (so far it is still crashing - I never have this problem with Sims3) Anyway, when re-installing, I had to also re-install our good friend, the EA Download Launcher.

Sims3 is the only thing I have on my E drive to keep it running well.  When I downloaded the launcher, it installed a bunch of files onto my E drive such as eula text files and files such as  install.res.1028.dll, globdata, and VC_RED.

I updated to the newest Awesome but that didn't change things - still no houses and the lots are blue.  So, this has to be from the launcher which I do not use for either game as I boot from the file but it has been recently updated. 

All my content is still there, but the game is unplayable as it is. I'd like to keep both games as I still have some tiny hope to play some Spore.

Shoud I delete the launcher and all those files or is there another solution??  Is there something I did wrongly? 
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Re: Houses have Vanished and the Lots Turned Blue - Need to Fix!
« Reply #1 on: 2010 February 02, 11:10:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The blue lots are caused by bad custom content (someone correct me if I'm wrong), what custom content do you have appart from awesomemod?
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 February 02, 13:05:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Usually .package files, but I have lately seen Sims3Packs. Mainly plants. Now I have the joy of finding these packages in the sea of S3Ps.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 February 02, 16:29:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=387006 The fix.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
jonas
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 February 03, 07:32:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like that tool and I love your avatar, but while I did find some corrupted/conflicting packages, I continue to have this issue after editing.

I'm certain it occurred when I updated the download manager and that just baffles me.

I deleted all the extraneous files I saw in my main folder and also looked for changes that took place on that day but no luck so far.
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 February 03, 08:25:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you check out the "Has anyone else broken their game as badly as this" thread? Is the issue you're having similar to that, or more similar to the "blue lot syndrome"?

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
jonas
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 February 03, 09:21:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you're definitely on to something here, Grimma, because my houses do show up in Sunset Valley.  I just play Riverview almost exclusively so I never saw that as the potential issue. (It's just so much better)

I discovered that offending file through my main search in the computer. Thank you for typing it out completely!

I tried following your steps mentioned in your post but skipped "2.) Extract files from Riverview.sims3pack with the Delphytool for that purpose" as I didn't have that sims3pack handy. but that is apparently an important step because it still did not work for me. When I find that sims3pack, I will try this again.

Although, I am tempted to just forget about Riverview altogether as I worry this will be a continuing source of failure with the upcoming patches and packs.  But, I do love Riverview... torn.

*Update*  Ok - This time I followed your instructions completely and thoroughly and yet the blue lots remain...

I will try this again tomorrow - must sleep now - Thank you for your help here - I will get to the bottom of this yet!
« Last Edit: 2010 February 03, 12:39:49 by jonas » Logged
Druscylla
Corpulent Cretin

Wicked Stepsister

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 February 03, 19:28:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have any old lemoncandy files? Because thats what gave me the blue lot problem.
Trystiane
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 February 03, 20:54:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I know, once your neighborhood has blue lots it can't be fixed.  You can stop it from happening again, but can't fix the neighborhood unless you have an old save that did not use any corrupted objects in it.

Capital is dead labor, which, vampire-like, lives only by sucking living labor, and lives the more, the more labor it sucks.
--Marx
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: