More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 01:42:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Working stoves on community lots?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Working stoves on community lots?  (Read 9579 times)
Ms_Tamany
Blathering Buffoon

Utterly unAwesome

View Profile
Working stoves on community lots?
« on: 2010 February 01, 04:27:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so by switching a lot type between residential and community, I was able to place a stove on what would become a community lot, and with the option in AM to keep items when switching between lot types, the stove stayed put, but there is no interaction available with the stove now that the lot it's on is a community lot.  In WA, though, the home-base (in China, at least) has workable stoves and fridges, and it appears to be a community lot.  Is there any known way, yet, of unlocking residential stoves or fridges for community lot use, as they seem to be in the China home-base hostel?

Also, does anyone know yet how to place open tents in community lots, so that sims can use them, like in the remote campsites in the World Adventures?

-----
This sig don't say nothing.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Working stoves on community lots?
« Reply #1 on: 2010 February 01, 05:03:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so by switching a lot type between residential and community, I was able to place a stove on what would become a community lot, and with the option in AM to keep items when switching between lot types, the stove stayed put, but there is no interaction available with the stove now that the lot it's on is a community lot.  In WA, though, the home-base (in China, at least) has workable stoves and fridges, and it appears to be a community lot.
You don't normally interact with stoves, you interact with fridges. I'm guessing the lack of fridge is what is keeping your stove inoperable.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2010 February 01, 07:30:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's not the right way to do it.  Instead, make a clone of the stove using the two pass method in s3oc, delete everything except the OBJD, then take it back to s3oc to renumber, rename, and edit the catalogue flags to make it valid for community lots.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 February 01, 11:24:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's not the right way to do it.  Instead, make a clone of the stove using the two pass method in s3oc, delete everything except the OBJD, then take it back to s3oc to renumber, rename, and edit the catalogue flags to make it valid for community lots.
No, that is the right way to do it. You shouldn't crud up your game with unncessary content that can break. Plus, this is how it is done in EAxistan, too.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ms_Tamany
Blathering Buffoon

Utterly unAwesome

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 February 04, 00:58:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, there is a way, then.  Thank you both, Pescado and Inge, for your wise words of wisdom on this subject.  I wish I had the capacity to implement them, but I am utterly, completely, and hopelessly non-awesome.  I've never been able to understand the Sims modding tools, no matter how many times I've read the tutorials and studied the programs (which has been a LOT of times!).

I do, however, know enough to put a fridge with the stove, yes.  All I can do is get quick-meals from the fridge, and can't cook anything at all, once the lot's been changed.

I know y'all are busy being awesome and having lives and stuff, but is there any plan to make community-enabled stoves or fridges, for those poor unfortunates who, like me, are incompetent and not to be trusted with the power of s3oc or other modding tools?

-----
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 February 05, 18:15:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do, however, know enough to put a fridge with the stove, yes.  All I can do is get quick-meals from the fridge, and can't cook anything at all, once the lot's been changed.
Hmm. I imagine the base camp stoves work, not because of anything intrinsic to the stove itself, but because the sim actually lives on the lot as his LotHome. Perhaps that is the key. I will look into this matter.

Ms_Tamany
Blathering Buffoon

Utterly unAwesome

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 February 05, 21:28:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you ever so much, Pescado, for saying you'll look into it.  I am unworthy, and abase my nonawesome self in awe of your awesomeness.

-----
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 February 05, 21:47:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just thought I'd pipe in here to say Ms_Tamany is not the only one interested in a fix for this, although I'm not sure what would happen if a sim started a fire on a community lot.

Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 February 05, 23:44:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You assume fires can start on community lots, chances are EA disabled that from happening.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 February 06, 00:51:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fires on community lots are normally disabled, yes. This can be bypassed, though.

The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 February 06, 01:06:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fires on community lots are normally disabled, yes. This can be bypassed, though.

I'd like to submit a request for ‘Community Fires' to be added to the AM configure tool.  Yes, I am a cruel overlord.   
haifen
Crapsack
Retarded Reprobate

#hashtag

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 February 06, 01:23:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do Fat Gwilly People have to ask/nag/etc?

16:29   spockers   I fucking hate going to see movies in theaters now.
16:30   spockers   Unless it's a really fancy old-style movie palace type place, but even then some dick will pull out their Appleberry in the middle of the film and start tweeting about wanting Chris Brown to beat them up
Heli
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 February 06, 01:29:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a fire in the camp in France. From Fireplace.
Viscount
immortelleMuse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 February 06, 01:35:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but the France basecamp and China basecamp are odd because they DO have operable stoves (regardless you cannot buy one) and also can have fires. I'm not able to play right now, but I'm supposing those basecamps are actually "residential" lots then labeled as "basecamp." Or something like that.

I also second having community lot fires enabled.

No matter how old you are, no matter how badass you think you are, if a toddler hands you their ringing toy phone-- you answer it.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 February 06, 01:51:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to submit a request for ‘Community Fires' to be added to the AM configure tool.  Yes, I am a cruel overlord.
Yeah, well, you're not exactly Fat and Gwilly, now are you?

Do Fat Gwilly People have to ask/nag/etc?
See, someone who knows how this works!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: