More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 06:18:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  launcher bug
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: launcher bug  (Read 5793 times)
Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
launcher bug
« on: 2010 February 26, 01:11:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was tinkering with the working launcher, and after the launcher bugged noticed that everything I installed from the store has disappeared. The arred content appears as installed but not the rest. I tried to reinstall a few items but I get an error 0x6224dd27 and the launcher can't start the game.
If I start the game, I only have an old save in Egypt. My last save was Riverview.
Do you have any advice on getting the launcher to work again, the working prepatch one, or the Hels one , neither can't start the game.
KickAss
Asinine Airhead

I know what your thinking, I suck....

View Profile
Re: launcher bug
« Reply #1 on: 2010 February 27, 20:43:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA crapped up the launcher. Just start it from the games install directory. Lesson 1- Never mess with the launcher or EA will eat your game!

Please die... I'm sick of you...
Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 February 27, 21:11:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to download again, and delete the old ebc. And I decided to install my other packs again, and ended with a nice big dbc. I was just trying to delete a few items when it bugged and I had to kill it, and the bought store items were eaten. The rest resisted.
Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 March 05, 02:21:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And now... a new development: everything has disappeared from the launcher. I was trying to install the new store packs, it kept hanging, so I had to kill it, and now it is completely empty. Everything is still in game, I think, but how am I to install if nothing appears? I was using the working launcher method. The Hels launcher is empty too.
Any idea on how to get everything back, except reinstalling the packages, again!
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 March 05, 06:37:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm wondering why you are even bothering with the launcher at all. Are you not using Awesomemod? With Awesomemod, you don't need to go through the launcher. You can start with the last EP/SP's .exe. Otherwise, gamecopyworld.com seems to have a fixed .exe for all latest patches.

As for installing Store items, all mine are "acquired" and I use the .dbc archives set up by other uploaders. If for some reason the .dbc archives won't work for you (if you like to pick and choose), download the .package versions. All are available.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 March 05, 15:19:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only use the launcher to install things, not to start the game, and my dbcs appear in game. But the last things I put in the downloads folder to install disappeared along with the rest.
The launcher seems to lose the path to the cache folder, or to not recognize the files in it.
And if I want to not depend on people converting for me, I need the launcher. Or go the more complicated route with converting to packages and merging them.

Edit: consider this thread as an ode to my stupidity: the launcher had sent my downloads folder to the bin, replaced by a virgin one, and that was why it was empty.
My initial problems were real though.
Sorry for wasting your time.  Embarrassed
« Last Edit: 2010 March 05, 15:59:41 by Indiasong » Logged
RobinMollyBlue
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 March 05, 15:44:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or go the more complicated route with converting to packages and merging them.

I find that's easier than fixing the launcher.  After all,  EA will just break it again with the next patch.
Trystiane
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 March 05, 18:24:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was doing the s3pe merge process until Pes put the decrapify option in the s3rc tool.  It really works and its really easy and fast.  Just run all your save games and library (house) files through as well as your sims3packs (before installing) and everyhting works like it used to.

Capital is dead labor, which, vampire-like, lives only by sucking living labor, and lives the more, the more labor it sucks.
--Marx
Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 March 05, 19:01:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just tried it for the new update, didn't work: original/working launcher=needs an update compressed/working launcher= hangs forever decrapified/normal launcher=says success but not installed decrapified/working launcher= hangs forever (I decrapified by dragging, and then through DOS).

Edit: in fact, even though they don't show as installed, they are. I can see them twice, as I put a big package in mods.
I tried to install cc, and it won't show as installed, same as ea content.
« Last Edit: 2010 March 11, 15:59:25 by Indiasong » Logged
Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 March 28, 13:17:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Latest discoveries: no cc I install gets the installed state, even though they are a success. But I had a look in my cache folder, to see if something had changed, and I have 15 dbcs, some with exactly the same size, and a few minutes apart. I think they all get installed, and the launcher doesn't realize they are already installed when I try again.
Any suggestions?
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 March 28, 22:44:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stop double posting and use the modify button.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: