More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:32:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Got High End Loft Stuff two days early . . . for all the good it does me.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Got High End Loft Stuff two days early . . . for all the good it does me.  (Read 61908 times)
jecswp
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Got High End Loft Stuff two days early . . . for all the good it does me.
« on: 2010 January 31, 19:49:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was at Wal Mart this morning, browsing the PC games when I stumbled upon a lone copy of High End Loft Stuff.  Of course I snapped it up and brought it home.  I thought I would share my experiences with everyone. 
     First, I backed eveything up and then installed.  The first thing the game does is update to Ver. 3.0.38.004001.  I just installed straight over my existing installation, which includes the following:  Awesome Mod, Twallan's Super Computer, and johna's sliders form MTS.  All of my other CC is condensed to 6 .dbc files and my resource.cfg is edited accordingly.  I also use 3booter and frame limiter.  I moved everything from C:\Program Files(x86)\Electrionic Arts\World Adventures folder to the newly created HELS folder.  I remapped the 3booter shortcut, double-clicked and . . . Nothing.  Can't say I was surprised.  I was pretty sure the pack would be worthless until Pescado worked his dark magic upon it, but I had to try. 
     Then I removed 3booter and the frame limiter form the folder, and used the standard shortcut.  The launcher opened normally.  I was able to log in at the exchange and all of that, but when I clicked the arrow to play . . . nothing again.  It's just like installing WA when it first came out.  The loading screen comes up but the progress bar never moves.
     Then I removed AwesomeMod and the game loaded up normally.  All of my CC showed and the body sliders worked.  I started a new game a played for a little, but my heart wasn't in it.  I mean, what's the point.  If there's anything anyone can think for me to try to get the game running with AwesomeMod, let me know and I'll give it a shot.  I can also answer any questions anyone might have about the game (new items, features) sans AwesomeMod. This is my first post here at MATY, but I've lurked for awhile.  I wanted to take this opportunity to salute those who do so much to make the Sims3 playable.  I welcome this is chance to do my part.
     I know the game will probably be unplayable until Pescado is able to update AwesomeMod, and I guess that's part of my reason for posting. Pescado, if there's any information I can pass on to give you a head start, let me know.

ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Re: Got High End Loft Stuff two days early . . . for all the good it does me.
« Reply #1 on: 2010 January 31, 20:19:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mods always have to be updated whenever a new EP or patch is released. Pretty soon the torrents will be up, and more people will be able to get the SP, but until then, you'll just have to be patient.
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 January 31, 20:41:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Enough of the technical talk—what did it look like?  Will it rock our worlds?
How does the aquarium look? Are there more interactions than ‘feed' and ‘scoop out'? 
Give us the FLUFF news! Are there new songs for the electric guitar?  You know, we have to know about the love bed, too.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2010 January 31, 21:13:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did the lighting issues get fixed with the patch? And how many fish fit in the aquarium?

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 January 31, 21:21:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lies and Propaganda!

Can you keep more than one fish in the aquarium? Is the vibrating bed still called More Romantic Than You?
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 January 31, 21:22:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How does the aquarium look? Are there more interactions than ‘feed' and ‘scoop out'? 
Give us the FLUFF news! Are there new songs for the electric guitar?  You know, we have to know about the love bed, too.

I think you're on the wrong forum. MATY doesn't do "fluff". Anyway, this is a stuff pack we're talking about. They almost never include new interactions, the only exception being the last TS2 stuff pack.

I sing along with elevator music.
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 January 31, 21:32:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you're on the wrong forum. MATY doesn't do "fluff". Anyway, this is a stuff pack we're talking about. They almost never include new interactions, the only exception being the last TS2 stuff pack.
They did say something about new moodlets and the vibrating bed "having consequences". Could all be L&P though.
jecswp
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 January 31, 22:01:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's nothing earth-shattering.  Sigmund is correct.  There's a bunch of new furniture including sets for the living room, bath, study/office, kitchen, and outside.  None of it offers anything options that change gameplay at all.  The Juspresso XTi-French Beverage Maker allowas you to choose between several types of coffrr drinks, such as Double Soy Latte, cinammon capuccino, and a Lite Chai w/ White Chocolate Whipped Creme.   The aquarium looks cool enough.  It has four recolorable channels and holds six fish.  The interactions are Watch, Feed, Manage, and Feed all fish on lot.  "Manage" treets the aquarium like the fridge or bookshelf.  You can add and remove fish.
     The Das Kauker R86 electric guitar looks like a Gretsch Jet.  From what I saw, it pays the songs exactly the same as the acoustic guitar, but with a clean electric tone, of course.  I only played a couple songs, so that may not be true for all of them.  There is a warning in the manual that inexperienced sims playing the electric guitar may cause such a ruckus that neighbors will call the police.  One thing I noticed.  When you click on the guitar (both kinds) one of the options is to "Learn . . ." It seems to apply to any unknown song that you have the songbook for in your inventory.  I don't know if this new or not.  I never noticed it before.
     In my limited testing, the Vibromativ LN3000 was nothing special.  I had a hard time getting my two test sims to stay put.  they woo-hoo'd on it, but I didn't see any special moodlets as a result.  The vibration effect is pretty subdued and as soon as I turned it on, they got off out of bed.  I'm not sure which lighting issues Moryrie is asking about.  I hadn't noticed any, but I can be pretty obtuse sometimes.
     That's all I've got for now.  More play time is needed, but without AwesomeMod, I just don't have the urge.   Cry
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2010 January 31, 22:10:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the info.

And this thread describes the lighting issues I was talking about, and has screenshots.

jecswp
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 January 31, 23:19:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, the lighting issue isn't fixed.  I never noticed it on building exteriors.  Until now. Embarrassed  None of the items in any of my houses are like that, but here are a couple pics of one of my houses.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 January 31, 23:35:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What does it update the base game and WA to? It doesn't matter what the stuffpack updates to, it matters what base/WA update to.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2010 January 31, 23:38:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Damn. Someone who had seen the previews thought that would be fixed. It looks even worse if you're messing with high ceilings on the inside.. or just split-levels. All the lighting will focus on the foundation and not the upper level.

Feel like taking pictures of the new hairs/outfits?

jecswp
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 January 31, 23:47:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What does it update the base game to?

It only did one update instead of the normal two.  It didn't use Version numbers either.  It just said something like "Your version of the Sims 3 will now be updated."  When it was finished it said "The Sims3 has finished updating."  Where would I look for the Version number of only the base game?
haifen
Crapsack
Retarded Reprobate

#hashtag

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 January 31, 23:51:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I second the motion for moar screenshots links.

16:29   spockers   I fucking hate going to see movies in theaters now.
16:30   spockers   Unless it's a really fancy old-style movie palace type place, but even then some dick will pull out their Appleberry in the middle of the film and start tweeting about wanting Chris Brown to beat them up
Sparks
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2010 February 01, 01:10:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has it been listed anywhere how many new objects have been included in this stuff pack?

With TS2, it seemed the magic number was 150 objects in stuff packs. At least with TS2 they used to preview the objects in high resolution photos on the main website and not some useless "trailer". God I'm so fucking sick of their trailers.

I Can Haz Portal 2?!
rum nate
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 February 01, 01:20:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to this interview (http://www.simfans.de/specials/interview_luxus-accessoires/english.php) there are 40 objects and 20 outfit items.

SimFans.de:
In comparison to the official The Sims 3 Store - The included 60 objects are much cheaper than 60 objects from the Store. What is the reason for that difference?

Melanie Lam:
The store is a newer way for us to reach the community with individual objects, holiday themed objects, and sets.  With the store, players get to craft their own collection of items for purchase.  However, the design of a stuff pack is such that it boosts players' ability to create a unique setting and tell a story; in this case, the setting is a modern loft space.  The story could be that of a hip musician or a designer.  We've put together 40 objects and about 20 Sim outfit items that go with the theme. The pricing does not vary too greatly from the store as we offer discounts on the store when you purchase sets. 
Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 February 01, 01:25:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So what's the moral of this tight pants story kiddlets? BACK UP YOUR CC AND MODS BEFORE ADDING EPS AND SPS. About half that paragraph wasn't required if you'd done the logical thing first...it's not like it's the new thing to do either - we've been removing mods and CC to update since TS1 days.

I'm still calling L&P until we get solid evidunce though.

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." - Dean Martin
<Pescado>   Because hey, sometimes you have fun, and sometimes fun has you.
jecswp
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 February 01, 01:27:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has it been listed anywhere how many new objects have been included in this stuff pack?

With TS2, it seemed the magic number was 150 objects in stuff packs. At least with TS2 they used to preview the objects in high resolution photos on the main website and not some useless "trailer". God I'm so fucking sick of their trailers.

It doesn't give a number on the case.  40 items are specificaly listed in the manual, including the special ones.  Add five hairs, two pairs of shoes, and a few outfitsits somewhere between 50 and 60.

And as requested . . .

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 February 01, 01:35:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where would I look for the Version number of only the base game?
Look for "Gameversion" in Game/Bin/skuversion.txt for each of them.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
haifen
Crapsack
Retarded Reprobate

#hashtag

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010 February 01, 01:35:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It doesn't give a number on the case.  40 items are specificaly listed in the manual, including the special ones.  Add five hairs, two pairs of shoes, and a few outfitsits somewhere between 50 and 60.

Hmm I seem to remember, since ye olde TS1 days well into TS2 days anyway, that they counted those things as well as walls and floors as objects too.

16:30   spockers   Unless it's a really fancy old-style movie palace type place, but even then some dick will pull out their Appleberry in the middle of the film and start tweeting about wanting Chris Brown to beat them up
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2010 February 01, 01:40:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ick. I only see one hair that I like, and it looks like a peggy hair I already have. And that white suit looks like a tackier version of the one from WA... Is that... all? .. the outfits/hair?

And I'm not seeing aything modern about these outfits. The last female one reminds me of the 1950s for some reason.

jecswp
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010 February 01, 01:44:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So what's the moral of this tight pants story kiddlets? BACK UP YOUR CC AND MODS BEFORE ADDING EPS AND SPS. About half that paragraph wasn't required if you'd done the logical thing first...it's not like it's the new thing to do either - we've been removing mods and CC to update since TS1 days.

I'm still calling L&P until we get solid evidunce though.

If this is in response to my OP, I'm not sure where you read that I'm having any problems.  Perhaps the title sounds a little bitter, but I meant in more wryly.  This isn't a OMG!!!! EA BROKE MY GAME! WHAT DO I DO?Huh? thread.  I fully expected the SP not to work with AwesomeMod, but it never hurts to try.  I'm completely at peace with my situation.  If you read my post, you'll see I did back up my entire installation and could be playing it, without the SP, in a matter of seconds.  However, I'm just messing around, experimenting and answering questions.  I know Awesome Mod developement takes time, and I'm perfectly willing to wait.  Would I like to be playing it right now with Awesome Mod?  Of course, but [Austin Powers] I also want a toilet made made of solid gold, but it's just not in the cards, baby. [/ap]
     My only real goal was to see if me having the game early could facilitate the developement of the next version of AwesomeMod.  How?  I have no idea.  But Pescado is infinitely more wise than me.  That's why I directed part of my post directly to him.
jecswp
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010 February 01, 01:48:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where would I look for the Version number of only the base game?
Look for "Gameversion" in Game/Bin/skuversion.txt for each of them.

Base Game: 1.9.22.004001
WA:  2.3.33.003001
HELS:  3.0.38.004001
haifen
Crapsack
Retarded Reprobate

#hashtag

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010 February 01, 01:52:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oi! there is a MODIFY button, you should use it in lieu of double posting.

Ick. I only see one hair that I like, and it looks like a peggy hair I already have. And that white suit looks like a tackier version of the one from WA... Is that... all? .. the outfits/hair?

And I'm not seeing aything modern about these outfits. The last female one reminds me of the 1950s for some reason.

It's the poodle skirtishness of it, I think. I want more historical meshes, personally. I, for one, am sick of crinolines and bell shapes - my pudding ladies need their panniers.

Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2010 February 01, 02:05:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no issue with historical clothing. It's just... this is supposed to be.. high tech. Not retro-tech. I was also very displeased with the 'victorian' store crap that gave one a ladies pair of PANTS!? Yet no skirts? Senseless. I think they need to hire some historical fashion expects before attempting to do any 'period clothing' again.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: