More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:54:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Fargo Updated
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Fargo Updated  (Read 61120 times)
Cocomama
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Fargo Updated
« Reply #75 on: 2010 August 05, 04:53:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could you please upload a version of this updated Fargo without the custom content?
I have the same problem as dolldrms, and when I checked the file in Custard, some of the CC also showed up as corrupt.

The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2010 August 05, 05:38:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had heard good things about this world but had not yet tried it.  I decided to download your updated version.  You may want to add in your first post that Fargo downloads with 44 custom content items from TSR.  There were windows, doors, a baby pram, patterns, garden bags, mirror...well you get the drift I'm sure.  This custom content cannot be deleted without also deleting the world.  One can try to delete the cc from the launcher but end up with an error saying it can't be done because of dependents.  I opted to delete everything since there was so much I had absolutely no interest in having in game.  It would have been nice to know in advance that the world contained cc and what it was.

I tried really hard not to include CC in the world at all; I even went house to house removing stuff.  44 items?  Not too bad; they must have been attached to the homes I downloaded.  I really was not aware that they would attach themselves to the world.  I thought there would just be a few blank spots where the items were.  Thank you for letting me know.  Did the old dilapidated tombstones in the back of the grave yard come through?

Could you please upload a version of this updated Fargo without the custom content?
I have the same problem as dolldrms, and when I checked the file in Custard, some of the CC also showed up as corrupt.
Easier said than done.  I suspect that if CC is showing up corrupt that it is a few patterns.  I noticed a few rugs in the world didn't look right.  I didn't build the houses in the world and to look at them I have no idea what came with them as CC and what came with the game, it is not as though they glow or anything.  
I will consider your request but this world is done.  I have already started a larger world.  
« Last Edit: 2010 August 05, 06:00:21 by The_Goddess » Logged
dolldrms
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2010 August 05, 06:02:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There were grave markers among the cc.  Since I never got as far as playing the world, I can't say for sure if all you meant to come did, or, not.
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2010 August 05, 06:11:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There were grave markers among the cc.  Since I never got as far as playing the world, I can't say for sure if all you meant to come did, or, not.

I didn't really mean for any of it to come through.  I had forgotten about the back of the graveyard and the garden bags at the market, until you mentioned it.  I also went through the neighborhood house by house removing what I knew was CC.  It is really hard to know what came with the game and what didn't, without tags.  I think 44 items is pretty small in comparison to what some of the more stylized worlds probably come with.  
dolldrms
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2010 August 05, 08:22:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I realize you probably didn't mean for the cc to attach.  I do have to differ with you on the quantity of cc items with Fargo being considered a small amount.  I have downloaded about 30 worlds and have kept 23 of them so far.  Of the worlds I have downloaded only 4 had cc with them.  One world had 1 chair, the second world had the half wall by Flabiliki.  The 3rd world had 2 build items and then Fargo with 44 items.
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2010 August 05, 22:25:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Goddess, in case you don't read the forums, and I'm guessing you don't, they are very paranoid about CC on the official BB. So there aren't very many worlds there that do come with CC as most creators are very careful to please as many people as possible.  Cheesy

I usually don't care one way or another, most of the time. At least not until I downloaded some sims from the BB and all the sudden I had toddlers with long adult legs wearing boots in my neighborhood. It was very traumatic there for awhile, LOL. I do find it ironic that most of the worlds there have little CC in them but almost all of the sims I downloaded from there had a boatload of the stuff, and some of it was particularly nasty. Maybe that's why they're paranoid about the worlds! Personally I wouldn't play this game if it weren't for CC.

I was just about to install your world - didn't get to it last night, unfortunately. But when I had the issue with custom clothing borking my babies, I found an app by Delphy that helped to parse out all that CC. Now if I could only remember what it was... <goes off to look>
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2010 August 05, 22:33:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found an app by Delphy that helped to parse out all that CC. Now if I could only remember what it was... <goes off to look>

CUSTARDWink

In theory, it should enable people to just yank out all the CC stuff, re-save and then let them game sub in other stuff for it (which sometimes ends up quite odd mind you).

That works for lots. Not sure about worlds though.

In general I don't install sims3packs with custom content. I usually yank them out with this tool and then go and get those package files separately on my own so I know what's in them, what they are called and how to get rid of them if I want.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2010 August 05, 22:37:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, thanks Motoki, you just saved me some time! I've never used it on lots, I only used it on the sims that I downloaded and I could see all the CC that way; I didn't try deleting the content and installing them, though. I ended up deleting the sims because several of them included that dreaded, posessed doll.  Wink

Edited to add: I used custard to "unpack" the Fargo simspack and deleted all the items labeled "currupted", but they had no thumbnail so I have no idea what they were. Then I installed Fargo through the Launcher. According to the Dashboard I ran afterwards, I have no corrupted content in my game so I guess that got rid of it. The rest of the CC were mostly build items or patterns so I left them in; the strange thing is that I looked at many of the custom lots last evening and saw none of the new CC on them, at least not so far. Maybe I've just missed it, but you would think that if it were included in the download of the lot, that it would be present on the lot it came with.  Huh

All I did was add a few more lots and take a look around - I haven't started a game yet. But I wanted to tell you, Goddess, that I really like the new layout of Fargo, and appreciate all the work you did to add some houses. I know how much time that takes!

Does anyone know: if I wanted to upload a lot (or world, for that matter) that might have CC on it and wanted to get rid of it, and I click on the 'run without custom content' box before I packaged it up, would that eliminate all the CC from downloading with the simpack? If no one has tried this yet, I will perform some experiments.

« Last Edit: 2010 August 06, 21:46:57 by Tangie » Logged
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2010 August 06, 22:06:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the strange thing is that I looked at many of the custom lots last evening and saw none of the new CC on them, at least not so far. Maybe I've just missed it, but you would think that if it were included in the download of the lot, that it would be present on the lot it came with.  Huh

I guess the best place to look for the custom content would be the very back of the graveyard, by the pond.  There is a dilapidated, smaller, graveyard with custom tomb stones.  The other is inside the farmers market.  There are bags of fertilizer and packages of seeds ‘for sale' there. 
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2010 August 08, 03:50:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Though I tried not to use CC in the world, I have been informed that 44 items are in fact attached to the world.  These items include: a few windows and doors, a baby pram, gardening decorations, graveyard decorations and some patterns.  I'm sorry for any inconvenience this might cause.

The easiest way to get all the CC out is to use Delphy's dashboard. Dump everything from the Sims3pack into a subfolder of whereever you're keeping your CC and run the dashboard. It will identify which of the files is the world file.

Oh, and Goddess - your CC included with the world includes 4 corrupt TXC's and a number of files that conflict with each other - you might want to run the dashboard on your whole CC folder. I think you've got problems.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2010 August 08, 16:18:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I am on that and tracking down the offender as we speak.  The part that ticks me off the most is that the problem occurred between when I uploaded my test version, and when I uploaded the final product.  Had it occurred before testing I would have seen the problem while testing. 
justerin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2010 August 17, 01:26:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wanted to say this is one of the best worlds I've played... unfortunately my computer doesn't have the power to run it once it starts getting populated.  Oh well, amazing work and if I upgrade my hardware it'll be first on my list.  Kudos. 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: