More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:47:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Fargo Updated
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Fargo Updated  (Read 61121 times)
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
Re: Springville
« Reply #25 on: 2010 February 11, 19:25:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice job!

Additional previews with links to larger versions below:

Thanks Sweetie, your photo embedding skills rock.
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010 February 12, 03:51:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Took a look at the town and absolutely love it. Nice having a large town and different styles of living all in the same world. Fabulous.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010 February 12, 04:20:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hid some ‘Easter eggs' all over town.   Wink  They won't spawn until you go on at least one world adventure.  Happy hunting.
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010 February 12, 05:56:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen a few of the easter eggs. I haven't had WA long, still learning about adventures.

I am confused about the little island that has no connection to the mainland. I don't see any roads or bridges to get the sims that live there back and forth.  Guessing that you will need teleportation or dive wells to get home and work? If so, that is funny.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010 February 12, 06:08:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am confused about the little island that has no connection to the mainland. I don't see any roads or bridges to get the sims that live there back and forth.  Guessing that you will need teleportation or dive wells to get home and work? If so, that is funny.

Yes, you need to teleport to get there.  I like to think of that as my little retirement community.  The Sims I plan on putting there don't have jobs.
kittyuk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010 February 12, 09:33:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would love to see any homemade houses and community lots for the world =c)
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2010 February 12, 14:40:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Making homes really is not my thing.  All of the homes I'm using, I downloaded elsewhere.  I made the book store, the liquor store, the gym, and the art gallery.  I made all the lots with the rabbit holes on them, but really they are mostly done for you.  

The homes I used for the 20X20 lots were mostly made by plasticbox on MTS.  I have no idea who did the rest of the homes I'm using.  I got them from all over.  The only reason I remember plasticbox is because he specializes in small lots.  I made slight modifications to them in order to bring driveways up to the curb, but for the most part the homes this person does are great little starter homes that do not need anything more than a Sim to love them.  

Photos of some of the homes I used…
http://twitpic.com/12s8xb
http://twitpic.com/12s93f
« Last Edit: 2010 February 12, 15:38:31 by The_Goddess » Logged
Dutchysim
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2010 February 12, 15:32:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, this is going to be my first post here on this forum and probaly my last, hehe.
My english is not that good and really I don't want to be flamed everytime I put something stupid on this forum  Grin
But I just wanted to tell you I love your world.
The only problem I find in this world was the road tearing by the fire breathing dragon.
Thanks for this beautiful world!
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2010 February 12, 22:53:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only problem I find in this world was the road tearing by the fire breathing dragon.
Thanks for this beautiful world!

I wasn't overly thrilled about putting a sidewalk there either, but it was needed for routing.  While I was testing the world I noticed that the Sims I sent over there to gather rocks, would not come home when told to.  They became disoriented and could not figure out the rout, so they would drop the command.  The sidewalk shows them the way and they run on home, when told. 
Dutchysim
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2010 February 12, 23:14:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, thats reason enough for me Smiley
I tried to make my own world, but I didn't even came close too your world!
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2010 February 12, 23:39:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Making homes really is not my thing.  All of the homes I'm using, I downloaded elsewhere.  I made the book store, the liquor store, the gym, and the art gallery.  I made all the lots with the rabbit holes on them, but really they are mostly done for you.  

The homes I used for the 20X20 lots were mostly made by plasticbox on MTS.  I have no idea who did the rest of the homes I'm using.  I got them from all over.  The only reason I remember plasticbox is because he specializes in small lots.  I made slight modifications to them in order to bring driveways up to the curb, but for the most part the homes this person does are great little starter homes that do not need anything more than a Sim to love them.  

Photos of some of the homes I used…
http://twitpic.com/12s8xb
http://twitpic.com/12s93f

Just wanted to say I really like your world also. I've spent the past two evenings downloading and installing lots, mostly from plasticbox at MTS but I also found some small lots by Blackorchid, Brighten11, and Cloudburst. Plus I used some Victorian starter homes from Ruthless KK and a few others from here and there. Now all I have to do is to add some cribs and I'll be ready to play. Nice work!
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2010 February 13, 17:16:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just noticed and fixed a small mistake in Fargo.  There were a few intersections that were not properly clicked in place.  I have had no trouble with my Sims coming and going through them, so it is not a problem to concern yourself with if you are already playing and enjoying the game.  It seems to be more of a cosmetic issue.  If you would like to download the fixed version, it is available now at the same link.  I did not rename the fixed version, so make sure you delete the old one before installing the update into your game.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2010 February 13, 17:18:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sidewalk intersections don't matter, because Sims only regard sidewalks as a suggestion, anyway, but road intersections that don't click together may "derail" your cars. Possibly. They may be smart enough to jump the tracks, who knows? I wouldn't count on it, though.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2010 February 13, 17:30:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They did manage to jump over them.  The un-clicked intersection in question was the only option for getting to town from the country.  They had no choice but to drive over the bad intersection.  I'm thinking that might not be the case if there were alternative routes to choose from.
gingersnaps
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2010 February 14, 17:51:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm really sorry to be a bother, but I can't seem to get your beautiful world to work. This would be the first world I've downloaded and installed, other than the two by EA.
I have the base game, and the patch up to 1.8 (the new patches say there is an error and refuse to install from EA). I have been transferring all other CC (hair, free store items etc.) items to .dbc format, which has been working pretty well so far for by passing the launcher (s3pe and the multi installer). But some how I can't get this thing to work. It shows up as an option in my game, and loads for bit when I try to start playing with it - then the game crashes. I have moved the .world file to C:/....Game Data/Shared/Non Packaged/ Worlds   with riverview but it isn't working there either.
Sorry again to be annoying - I've scanned every form I can think of, and google just keep spitting World Adventures at me - which I don't have.

Yes, I did just click on the file after getting it out of the .rar file - and went through the launcher to load it. If I need to convert it also to .dbc, just point me in the direction of how to do it.
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2010 February 14, 19:26:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure how to help you, other than to tell you how I installed it.  I manually put the file in [C:\Users\'My Name'\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads]; then I go to the downloads section of the launcher.  I bypass the launcher for *.package files, but in my experience, worlds don't convert elegantly, so it's easier just to install them from the launcher. (I think the .world file only appears after a world has been installed through the launcher.) I know that the patches have been borking people's installers, but I'm not sure what the workaround would be for installing worlds.  Then click install.  This method works fine for me.  If you need an alternative method, hopefully someone else will post also. 
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2010 February 14, 19:35:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They did manage to jump over them.  The un-clicked intersection in question was the only option for getting to town from the country.  They had no choice but to drive over the bad intersection.  I'm thinking that might not be the case if there were alternative routes to choose from.
How did they jump them? Just drive straight over in their cars, or did they have to stop the car, pop it into their inventory, and walk over that gap on foot? Because if snapped road connectivity is merely a suggestion, interesting things could be done with that.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2010 February 14, 19:43:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How did they jump them? Just drive straight over in their cars, or did they have to stop the car, pop it into their inventory, and walk over that gap on foot? Because if snapped road connectivity is merely a suggestion, interesting things could be done with that.

They just drove over it.  There was no actual gap; no grass showing.  The intersection and the road were overlapping, just not clicked in place.  The crosswalks don't appear when this happens, so one might conclude that a walking Sim could not cross the road there, but the Sims in vehicles drove right on over. 
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2010 February 14, 20:28:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The crosswalks are superfluous to sims crossing the street, too. Sims can cross anywhere. If it is not strictly necessary to snap the road pieces together, I wonder what interesting things can be made this way.

missaaliyah
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2010 February 14, 22:35:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

it looks really good, lots of work to do when in game, but the neighbourhood layout is great.
Sarafina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2010 February 15, 19:44:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the new world, but I am having some performance issues.  Up until now, I've never had any problem running the game on all high settings, but I noticed that this world runs a little jaggedly and choppy.  It's not horrible, I can still play, but it's just not smooth like before.  I also had some weirdness placing lots, they didn't show completely in any mode other than playing the house directly (Buildings themselves, trees and plants showed).  So anytime I was playing another house, or walking around town past it, or in edit town mode, they weren't showing.  Again, still playable but odd behavior.

Anyone else having this?
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2010 February 16, 01:37:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not my world causing this—it's the game.  I put a bit more detail into my world than your standard world.  My lots are closer together; this means that when you have your settings set high, you had better have a ‘rocking' graphics card to handle the extra detail. I recently had to remove my Radeon 5750, and I see a significant change in how lots and objects on them render as a result.  I'm sorry I really was not thinking about how other people's computers would handle such a detailed and compact world.  You might try placing lots that do not have a whole lot of yard clutter and other details.  Also, try leaving some lots empty as opposed to having houses on every lot.
jmtmom
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2010 February 16, 15:41:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really like this world, the different plateaus are great. It's by far the best world I've tried out.

Some of the lots are oddly shaped however and I can't quite fit what I want to on them. I'm wondering if you could upload the CAW files so I can put in lots the size I need. Stupid EA, should have made lot resizing and deleting part of the game, but of course they didn't.
Tingeling
Malodorous Moron

- Big Cat AIDE - and proud of it!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2010 February 16, 15:48:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I second that request. The town is nicely decorated, but since I tend to keep a variety of lots in my sims towns that are too big or too small for Springville, it would be nice to be able to customize it further. Great job, either way.

Edit: I have experienced some issues after installing and playing Fargo/Springville and I wonder if it could be the result of bad routing in the neighbourhood itself. I read over at MTS that some people were having lag issues and their experience amounted to the fact that some sims simultaneously tried to route through the world and since the paths have been chopped off at certain points the game starts to lag heavily.
« Last Edit: 2010 February 16, 23:18:57 by Tingeling » Logged

- INTJ -
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2010 February 17, 01:09:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have experienced some issues after installing and playing Fargo/Springville and I wonder if it could be the result of bad routing in the neighbourhood itself. I read over at MTS that some people were having lag issues and their experience amounted to the fact that some sims simultaneously tried to route through the world and since the paths have been chopped off at certain points the game starts to lag heavily.

I'm not noticing any lag in my game.  I'm running my game with a minimal amount of custom content.  Routing should not be an issue as I've put in more roads than other worlds, and there are a number of alternate routes to get to most places.  I would be more inclined to blame the fact that this world is rather large compared to what EA put out.  There are more lots and they are closer together than Sunset Valley and Riverview. 

This is the first world I created.  I'm sure that as I discover better ways of doing things, future worlds will run more smoothly.  I've already pinpointed a few things I will do differently in the future.  Until then this world suites my needs and wants, better than EA's worlds. 

In the first version of Fargo I uploaded, (Read comments further up this thread) there were about 5 intersections I did not click together properly.  I immediately fixed and re-uploaded the world.  If you are experiencing routing problems with the first version, I recommend getting the updated version.  Also try bulldozing any lots you put on the island, as there are no roads to or from it. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: