More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 07:50:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Switching Career Track, JoAT-Style
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Switching Career Track, JoAT-Style  (Read 2605 times)
HazelEyes
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Switching Career Track, JoAT-Style
« on: 2010 January 30, 14:31:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So. I have completed the Jack of All Trades LTW once, but it was the stupid way around. It can be done if you choose career tracks that have sufficiently similar skill-sets, thereby cutting back on skilling time. However, it is obviously more efficient to utilize the game function that generates opportunities to switch from one mid-level job to another one in a different career track. I have encountered this opportunity a few times, but I never had the foresight to jot down what the source and target careers were, and at what level.

All I remember for certain is that someone in the military track got an offer to switch to (I think) the athletic track. I also know that the switch offers tend to center on similar careers: science/medicine, business/politics etc. The career level of the offer tends to be between 4 and 6 for both tracks.

If anyone remembers the specifics of such an offer, post here. I will edit this post to compile the list. Unless you think this is monumentally stupid, in which case delete it and pretend this never happened.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Switching Career Track, JoAT-Style
« Reply #1 on: 2010 January 30, 14:40:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's no singular event. The levels offered are procedurally generated, although the jumps are predefined. And no, it's not "more efficient" to utilize the game function that generates opportunities, because opportunities are RANDOM, and you will probably end up waiting more than the few days it would take to switch by hand to get it than you would just biting the bullet and doing it the regular way.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
HazelEyes
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 January 30, 14:41:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Damn. I was hoping since they included that option, it might be, you know, actually useful. Apparently it's just random clutter though.
alaira
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 January 30, 15:18:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It can be useful to take advantage of it if you get lucky and it comes up.  I've had it come up on sims many times, and I've had other sims where it doesn't come up at all.  For what it's worth, I swear I've also seen science->military.
pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 January 30, 15:23:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All of the transfers are defined in 0x03c73c5414fb1bb8 "CareerEvents", if you want to know what's available.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: