More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 05:37:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Rabbithole ownership issue: is this fixable?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Rabbithole ownership issue: is this fixable?  (Read 2990 times)
pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Rabbithole ownership issue: is this fixable?
« on: 2010 January 27, 23:09:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This has happened twice now in my game: a sim who had bought out three rabbitoles (diner, grocery, bookstore) has lost the deeds/ownership for no apparent reason. She is, however, still regarded as boss by the sims who already worked in the diner before she lost them (and she doesn't work there herself, so it must be because she still counts as owner somehow) - another sim who just got a job there has a different boss though. I removed the boss metric for the careers in the stores, so nobody there has a boss at all. 

Things that have happened in-game between the last time I had her fire sims or collect returns (i.e. at that time she was definitely still the owner) and now:

- the sim aged up
- the household moved house (AM moved them, I think because they needed more beds)
- I turned AwesomeStory off and back on

I believe she had also just aged up when I discovered the missing deeds the first time around (from YA to A back than, A to E now), not sure whether they moved at that time.

Is any of this known to mess up ownerships? I never removed AM, only turned off AwesomeStory.

Also, is there a way to fix this in case it happens again? I already tried fixall, but that only cleared "3 phantom butts".
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Rabbithole ownership issue: is this fixable?
« Reply #1 on: 2010 January 28, 00:56:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. This issue has been reported, but I need someone to send me a saved game with it so that I can fix it. It needs to be a saved game from BEFORE they age up.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 January 28, 01:14:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think I have one from immediately before, but I have a few versioned backups. I'll try to replay .. in case it's an aging issue, maybe I can reproduce it with "force birthday" or whatever it is. I'll check.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 January 28, 01:16:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, this is an issue with Birthdays in non-active famblies. It must absolutely be allowed to occur on its own, without player involvement.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 January 28, 01:21:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, I'll have that in mind. Might take a little while then.

ETA: I have a savegame ready. Saved at 21:something, a sim is selected who is 0 days to elder (Harmony Knowles, household name is Walter). She has a deed, a stereo and some books in her inventory. I switched to another household, and when I came back at 22:something she was aged up and her inventory was empty.

This requires Riverview, and I use base game 1.8.25 with an Awesome I had downloaded immediately before.

Oh and also: all of the rabbitholes that the pervious sim had bought, are now unbuyable (still owned? or broken?). Sims continue to go to work there just fine, the sim is also still everyone's boss (except for that one sim who got a different boss to begin with). I reproduced the issue with a different sim in the same nhood who bought a new rabbithole.
« Last Edit: 2010 January 28, 03:55:06 by pbox » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 January 28, 12:29:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Issue should be fixed now.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: