More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 08:10:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Loading lots without the launcher
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Loading lots without the launcher  (Read 3955 times)
CLmeow
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Loading lots without the launcher
« on: 2010 January 24, 23:37:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did a search and did not find the answer to this.  I just downloaded the great castles and medieval lots Windle by Simverses, but have been avoiding using the launcher to add items I downloaded.  How do I add the lots without using the launcher?  Where do I put the files?  Can I extract them and s3pe them like I do items?  Am I going to have to use that stinking launcher for these?

Cats don't hunt seals. They would if they knew what they were and where to find them. But they don't, so that's all right. - Terry Pratchett
Cats instinctively know the exact moment their owners will wake up. Then they wake them 10 minutes sooner.
pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Re: Loading lots without the launcher
« Reply #1 on: 2010 January 25, 02:23:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can extract the package and dump it into /Library.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 January 25, 02:47:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the launcher still working properly for lots? I thought it was only broken for installing CC.

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 January 25, 05:24:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the launcher still working properly for lots? I thought it was only broken for installing CC.

It's still working for those. I had just downloaded the Windle lots and tried installing them with a lot of other content using an old exe(pulled from the cd), strangely, while the store content and rest installed, the windle lots did not, but the updated 2.3 exe did install them.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Mosquito
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 January 25, 08:37:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lots install fine, but some CC (even non-store content) does not. I d/l some lipsticks and had to convert them to .package format, b/c Launcher couldn`t do the job. Could it somehow be connected to .s3p format files created with an older version of TSR Workshop?
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 January 25, 09:02:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lots install fine, but some CC (even non-store content) does not. I d/l some lipsticks and had to convert them to .package format, b/c Launcher couldn`t do the job. Could it somehow be connected to .s3p format files created with an older version of TSR Workshop?

It is possible, but you know you can get the launcher to install things(including store items) simply by replacing the TS3EP01.exe or TS3.exe with an .exe that is a version from before the latest 2.3 or 1.8 patch and then just putting the patched version back before you play. There is an entire thread on that ...although frankly, it seems to me as if it's making the process overly complicated, or using a lot of directions for a simple process, I actually stopped reading once I put together that it was only the .exe that was necessary.

Anyway, to answer your question, couldn't you use the 3Viewer or Delphy's Sims 3 Pack Multi-Extracter to extract the .package file and then just drop that in the appropriate folder, which for lots would be the Library folder.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
CLmeow
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 January 26, 12:37:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can extract the package and dump it into /Library.

Thank you.  Since the Windle buildings are refusing to load using the launcher, I will try that.

Cats don't hunt seals. They would if they knew what they were and where to find them. But they don't, so that's all right. - Terry Pratchett
Cats instinctively know the exact moment their owners will wake up. Then they wake them 10 minutes sooner.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: