More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 20:43:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Sugah's Place Hacked AGAIN!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sugah's Place Hacked AGAIN!  (Read 9797 times)
Witchboy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
Sugah's Place Hacked AGAIN!
« on: 2010 January 24, 08:14:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sugah's Place has been hacked again. This time they not only hacked her site but they also hacked into her Photobucket account replacing all pics with pron & hacked into her Mediafryer account. The same pron that was used in the attacks on Me & ShanOw last July. It is also the same pictures that were used when Sim Control was hacked.

Someone over at BPS has suggested that since she has a forum subject about the infamous Blue Soup online petition it just might be the reason why she's being hacked. Her site as of now is completely gone.

*runs off to finish watching Lindsay Wagner's Bionic Woman*

LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Sugah's Place Hacked AGAIN!
« Reply #1 on: 2010 January 24, 08:45:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Best of luck to getting the site and pics back up quickly. And to upgrading the security.

*runs off to finish watching Lindsay Wagner's Bionic Woman*

That's the gayest thing I've ever read on this board, if not the whole interwebs. Mother told me she knew I was gay when I was glued to Bionic Woman and Wonder Woman all the time.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 January 24, 08:55:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sugah's Place has been hacked again. This time they not only hacked her site but they also hacked into her Photobucket account replacing all pics with pron & hacked into her Mediafryer account. The same pron that was used in the attacks on Me & ShanOw last July. It is also the same pictures that were used when Sim Control was hacked.
Could just be a stock pr0n image. More data is required to make an assessment. Is this the SAME hack that was mentioned on PMBD, or a second incident?

Someone over at BPS has suggested that since she has a forum subject about the infamous Blue Soup online petition it just might be the reason why she's being hacked. Her site as of now is completely gone.
I doubt a meaningful assessment can be made at this point, given that people tend to destroy all the evidence by trying to restore the site.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Witchboy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2010 January 24, 09:16:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could just be a stock pr0n image. More data is required to make an assessment. Is this the SAME hack that was mentioned on PMBD, or a second incident?

This is the 2nd attack. Happened today. The pron used in the latest attack is Goatse pron, the same pron that was used in the attack on Me & ShanOw in July 2009, S2A in December 2009 & was also used in the attack on Sim Control. The IP used in the 1st 3 attacks was the same. As for the IP used to hack Sim Control i don't know.

On Coconut's blog somewhere theres a post about ATWA using Goatse pron to spam the forums on TSR. I've looked for it again but cannot seem to find it.

All info related to the 1st 3 attacks can be found in the TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs! thread on PMBD starting around page 118 & forward.
« Last Edit: 2010 January 24, 09:25:16 by Witchboy » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 January 24, 09:29:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is the 2nd attack. Happened today. The pron used in the latest attack is Goatse pron, the same pron that was used in the attack on Me & ShanOw in July 2009, S2A in December 2009 & was also used in the attack on Sim Control. The IP used in the 1st 3 attacks was the same. As for the IP used to hack Sim Control i don't know.
Being Goatsed is not proof of commonality, obviously. In fact, if the attack was a Goatse'ing, that actually weakens any argument of connection, because, you know, Goatse.

All info related to the 1st 3 attacks can be found in the TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs! thread on PMBD starting around page 118 & forward.
Yeah, I've seen all that. I haven't seen ANY information about this, though. This is firmly in the realm of speculation.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2010 January 24, 09:39:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why don't these people use secure passwords for important sites?

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 January 24, 09:45:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why don't these people use secure passwords for important sites?
We don't know if that is the MO yet. This is some freeforums crapsite being hacked by unknown parties which may or may not even use passwords as their MO.

Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2010 January 24, 10:38:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the heads up, J.M.. However, without a password -- or some serious personal data secured via a WHOIS with which it might be possible to trick a host's support system into resetting passwords and so on -- hard-hacking seems like an awful lot trouble for a casual oik. If I possessed such skills I would be much more likely to be trying to get into a bank with a nice bunker on a remote South Sea island in mind .... I guess it is impossible to fathom the mindset of the charismatically deficient.

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 January 24, 10:53:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, at this point it seems distinctly possible that the victimization is being accomplished by a vandalbot, so who knows?

saraswati
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 January 25, 08:07:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This sort of stuff seems to happen around this time of the year every year, due to bored kids. I'm not saying it absolutely isn't Atwa, but last year Prism and ACJ's (among hundreds of other sites) got hacked by that Turkish group. It is possible that that it's bored/obnoxious kids at work.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 January 25, 08:28:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it is distinctly possible that it may be both. There are parties on record as being willing to enlist others to launch these attacks, and if there is an intersection in these sets, it is possible the database leak has gone "wild" and is now circulating the broader Internet, which would mean at least some of these attacks, even if they share the TSR root origin, no longer have a political connection to the original database leak and are now attacks being performed using this database which has been circulated into the wild.

saraswati
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 January 25, 08:44:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That makes a lot of sense to me Pescado. I remember last year, there were some OTT personalities who were way too ready to blame you for the ACJ hack, which is a bit like a Sims community version of the Politician's Syllogism from Yes Minister.

What I can't understand is why Sugah didn't change her passwords and tighten up her security if she's already been hacked once. I was positively paranoid about security for a while after Prism got hacked.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2010 January 25, 08:54:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...or whether she did, and something else is going on...

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 January 25, 09:00:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I can't understand is why Sugah didn't change her passwords and tighten up her security if she's already been hacked once. I was positively paranoid about security for a while after Prism got hacked.
Yes, but you're Saraswati and your behavior is not typical of how other people operate. You are considerably more paranoid than the average bear, although not as paranoid as me. I don't even engage in my paranoia because I believe in an actual threat, I just do it as a hobby because I can.

saraswati
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 January 25, 10:41:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but you're Saraswati and your behavior is not typical of how other people operate. You are considerably more paranoid than the average bear, although not as paranoid as me. I don't even engage in my paranoia because I believe in an actual threat, I just do it as a hobby because I can.

Thank you Pescado, I take that as a compliment of sorts. Smiley I learned my lesson out of the fiasco when Prism got hacked, it was partially my own fault because I was with a crap host. I should have been paying more attention and getting off my arse and paying more attention to security. However, having made that mistake, I at least got off my rear end and I learned to be more cautious.
Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 January 26, 01:17:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I want to know is why WitchBoy keeps coming here bleating about non-Awesome sites getting hacked...when did MATY become Sanctuary? Did I miss the memo that says we Give A Crap? With sites like these you can't even be certain that it IS paysites doing the hacking and not 12s looking for swiss-cheez security to break through for their little hacker site tagging "street cred".

If you get legit info on it being TSR that hacked them, then post it sure...but otherwise it's Someone Else's Problem.

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." - Dean Martin
<Pescado>   Because hey, sometimes you have fun, and sometimes fun has you.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 January 26, 01:42:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Pescado, I take that as a compliment of sorts. Smiley I learned my lesson out of the fiasco when Prism got hacked, it was partially my own fault because I was with a crap host. I should have been paying more attention and getting off my arse and paying more attention to security. However, having made that mistake, I at least got off my rear end and I learned to be more cautious.
I take a more proactive stance. Rather than waiting for someone else to hack my site, I preemptively hack my own site. Tongue It also works as an effective defense against, say, mutiny, which, incidentally, never happens here because I use the Highlander Rule.

Witchboy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2010 January 27, 08:12:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I want to know is why WitchBoy keeps coming here bleating about non-Awesome sites getting hacked...when did MATY become Sanctuary?

Bows before the almighty goddess that is Kiki Roll Eyes

BITE ME! Tongue
« Last Edit: 2010 January 27, 08:19:18 by Witchboy » Logged

Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 January 27, 08:50:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I want to know is why WitchBoy keeps coming here bleating about non-Awesome sites getting hacked...when did MATY become Sanctuary?

Bows before the almighty goddess that is Kiki Roll Eyes

BITE ME! Tongue

LOL, ineffectual.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: