More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:36:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  No text when I load
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No text when I load  (Read 3167 times)
Juxtaposition
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
No text when I load
« on: 2010 January 23, 19:49:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, so I decided to put in CAW and failed.

I have a legit version of the base game and a pirate version of WA (from a reliable source). I uninstalled everything using the MTS faqs, reinstalled everything and patched up to 1.7/2.2. Then I reinstalled all of my sim3packs, patched up again to 1.8/2.3. and installed CAW. I loaded the game and everything was fine until I get to the main menu. None of my saved games are there (I put them back in the downloads folder after reinstallation) and on top of that there is no text when I click on the three dots on the bottom left (where it says quit/lessons etc.). I can't get further than that screen, I can choose 'hometownville' but if I click the check mark nothing happens. I am not using awesomemod, I have no mods or packages in my game just sim3packs (alot of them) but I have a great computer more than capable of running all of this as it was fine before.

So what have I done wrong? I mean obviously I did something wrong.

All I can think of is that my base game and my WA are not from the same region but they were like that before as well maybe CAW can not handle that or maybe I just did really stupid.

Before I came here to whine, I tried the dbc fix and installed the framework,  changed the resource file  just in case but that didn't change anything. The only time I got anywhere was when I was messing around with the resource file in WA I added the line suggested in the "if you really want to use the launcher..." thread:

PackedFile ../../../Users/Shawn/DOCUME~1/ELECTR~1/THESIM~1/DCCache/*.dbc (except with my username)

when I loaded after doing that, my saves showed up but it crashed right after that.

So I have no idea what I have done and am ashamed of myself for being greedy when I had a good thing going. I know I probably have to reinstall again and hope for the best but I was curious if maybe there was another way?

I know this is my first post so I apologize in advance for spelling mistakes not putting this is the right place or any other general stupidity I may have generated, I read the rules first.

Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
Re: No text when I load
« Reply #1 on: 2010 January 23, 20:02:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you used GnatGoSplat's instructions for using the Launcher, maybe you should post this question in that thread. Smiley  But before you do, try this (if you're not doing it already):  Find the TS3EP01.exe file in the World Adventures folder and create a shortcut on your desktop.  Then start your game from there. 

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
Juxtaposition
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 January 23, 20:24:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the thing is is that I used nothing at first, i just installed the game like any vanilla simmer would do. I'm mostly confused why my text and saves were not there prior to me messing around with anything. And I always use the .exe to load the game I never go through the launcher, but thanks for the tip.
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 January 23, 21:15:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Being non-awesome, I'm stumped. Grin  Sorry.

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 January 23, 23:28:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have Riverview? I also had this problem with the "no text, no saves, and HomeTown option in the pull down menu". It is an issue with things not quite being installed correctly. Follow the directions here:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,17707.0.html

Since you already have the files, you do not need the ones in that thread, just use their instructions.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
chann
Corpulent Cretin

TS3: an "eye-opening tour de farce" (sic)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2010 January 24, 03:44:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A similar error happened to me ages ago (without WA installed). I had no idea what caused it, but reinstallation fixed it. I think morriganrant is right: it's most likely an issue with Riverview.
Juxtaposition
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 January 24, 04:35:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks morriganrant for the idea I really hoped it would work but sadly it didn't. I'll just reinstall since at this point I think that's the only way to go.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: