More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 10:16:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  I can't update to ver 1.8 - "Invalid file found"
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I can't update to ver 1.8 - "Invalid file found"  (Read 4233 times)
Lonn
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
I can't update to ver 1.8 - "Invalid file found"
« on: 2010 January 23, 22:06:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having a really hard time updating my game. The first time I tried to patch to version 1.8 from version 1.0 I got an error message saying that an invalid file was found; I replaced the "invalid file", tried to patch again, got the error message again(this time with another file), replaced it, etc.
Then I tried patching again, got the error message... again, another invalid file. Okay, I replaced it and thought I could finally patch this thing! But I was wrong. I checked with the Patch Log Viewer and the file that was causing trouble this time was the same as before. I guessed that maybe I had replaced another file or done something wrong so I tried and replaced it again. But I got the error message yet again...
So yeah, now I don't know what to do. This is what the Patch Log Viewer tells me: Applying DFC Update for 'Game\Bin\HelpPages\KOR_KR\Help_Download.html'  Error: err0031 - Invalid File Found.
Can somebody help me?

Also:
* Yes, I checked on Google. I googled this for hours.
* I also checked on Yahoo! Answers, but it sucks.
* My game is arr'd. I got it long ago, but barely played and never bothered to patch it.
* My game's version 1.0.631.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: I can't update to ver 1.8 - "Invalid file found"
« Reply #1 on: 2010 January 23, 23:07:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to be nice and then let everyone eat you. This has been covered over and over here. Search (within this topic The Horror, The Horror!) for Invalid File Found. You should find everything you need.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Morlock
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 January 23, 23:18:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's probably the wrong patch, I'm not even certain that there is a 1.0.631 to 1.8.25.003 patch, but I could be wrong.
I had similar problems earlier whilst patching, but managed by running the following three;

Sims3_1.6.6.002002_from_1.0.631.00002.exe

Sims3_1.7.9.002002_from_1.6.6.002002.exe

Sims3_1.8.25.003002_from_1.7.9.002002.exe

(Then WA and update to 2.3.33)

You need to uninstall, then run a registry cleaner, CCleaner is a good, free program.

Do not alter any game files until you have reinstalled and patched to 1.8, then run Delphy's Framework Installer tool.
Finally, install AM or a NO/DVD exe, then start the game.

Look here for patches;

http://www.simprograms.com/the-sims-3-patches/patches-the-sims-3/

But read carefully what they do, ie "Patch v1.8.25", "This patch will update your game from 1.7.9 to version 1.8.25".

Always back up original files before overwriting them with a NO/DVD. When you need to patch; replace the originals and the game should recognise the correct files.

« Last Edit: 2010 January 24, 02:22:58 by Morlock » Logged
Lonn
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 January 24, 00:34:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@morriganrant: I'm really sorry. I've already searched around here, though, and could not find anything that helped.

@Morlock: Okay, I'm going to try that now. I hope it works. Thanks for helping!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: