More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 01:53:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  SimPlague - corrupted Sims
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: SimPlague - corrupted Sims  (Read 3077 times)
Mosquito
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
SimPlague - corrupted Sims
« on: 2010 January 24, 12:30:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As of lately I`ve been experiencing problems with some of my Sims. I play them normally, but once I start the game again, some of them get corrupted - they loose their hair and get bald (the easiest way to spot them, noticed it sometimes happens when they go through an age transfer, from Teen to YA or YA to adult), and when I try to edit them in CAS via the dresser or mirror, the CAS screen appears, the music is playing, but it loads, and loads, and loads...till I open Task Manager and kill the game. One common thing to all of them is that they were part of my playable families, and they were all modified with user-created sliders (height, boobs, face, etc...). I tried reset sim on them, but with no luck. Anybody else having this problem? Any ideas/suggestions?

I`m running a 1.8/2.3 version with latest AM and NRaas_Story progression.
borsco
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: SimPlague - corrupted Sims
« Reply #1 on: 2010 January 24, 15:27:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had the hair problem on aging up, but not the mirror or dressier not loading. I ran Delphys Dashboard and it found a couple of hairs were causing conflicts, not had any problems since then.
Mosquito
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 January 24, 15:29:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used Dashboard before as well, removed the conflicting files, but it made no difference...really am getting confused here.
GnatGoSplat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 January 27, 19:21:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My wife has the exact same problem with her computer.  It started with 1.8/2.3, but I reverted her back to 1.7/2.2 and the problem still crops up.  In addition to that, she also occasionally has sims that go invisible.  The problem seems to be an issue with several specific hairs, all Sims Store items I believe.  Any sim using those specific hairs will be bald and cannot enter CAS and then she'll have to end task.  Every once in awhile, a once-bald sim will be working, so she'll manage to get that sim into CAS and change its hair to one that doesn't ever disappear which seems to fix that particular sim.

My game on 1.8/2.3 has never had this problem.  Strangely enough, most of the sims that have this problem in my wife's game are ones I made, but in my game they've never had any problems.  I can only guess that something in the save is corrupted, but I don't know what.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: