More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 18:35:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Problem Loading Sims3
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Problem Loading Sims3  (Read 12048 times)
adalita
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Problem Loading Sims3
« on: 2010 January 18, 22:39:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims3 is stuck on C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\Packages\Fullbuild0.package. It has been on this file for 20 minutes or more.
HELP! I had to totally reinstall after downloading a few of smokovic's houses and getting bluelots.

CharmingFirewaller
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Problem Loading Sims3
« Reply #1 on: 2010 January 18, 23:42:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, so what happened after you reinstalled?
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 January 18, 23:56:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to be clear: did you completely remove everything when you uninstalled the game? I do seem to remember some users having problems with the game not uninstalling completely.

I sing along with elevator music.
adalita
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 January 19, 00:22:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes I have uninstalled run C cleaner, deleted remaining files under Electronic Arts it is all Gone!

It runs throug installation fine until it gets to the file C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\Packages\Fullbuild0.package and just hangs there. I have cleaned the disc just incase it is that and am attempting to do a local install, will let you know what happens.
CharmingFirewaller
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 January 19, 00:37:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good luck with that. It's probably the disc but what do I know? You might want to check for registry errors though. This can be done with CCleaner as well.
adalita
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 January 19, 08:43:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

managed to install from local copy of disc. Now figuring out how to get my game to function before I dare to patch or not to patch.
adalita
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 January 19, 08:55:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just reinstalled - I have dbc files on my desk top (dcdb0.dbc, dcdb0.ebc, dcdb1.dbc, dcdb2.dbc ) Where do these DBC files go - I have read a few threads and can't work out exactly where I should put them. I also have not opened Sims3 WA yet, and have not downloaded riverview (YET)

I have installed the resource.cfg, and the monkeybars framework, d3dx9_31.dll.

What else have I missed to get my game working with no blue lots (I have not updated to 2.3.33.003002 which I had done previously)
I have done... Custom Content Management and used Delphy's bluelot fixer and dashboard.

I don't want to do anything until I have it right!
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 January 19, 11:12:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just reinstalled - I have dbc files on my desk top (dcdb0.dbc, dcdb0.ebc, dcdb1.dbc, dcdb2.dbc ) Where do these DBC files go - I have read a few threads and can't work out exactly where I should put them. I also have not opened Sims3 WA yet, and have not downloaded riverview (YET)

I have installed the resource.cfg, and the monkeybars framework, d3dx9_31.dll.

The .dbc files, as for where they go, well that depends. The ones from standard Sims3packs should be able to just go back into DCCache in My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 and be fine. If they include installed store items, then you may need to place them in your Mods\packages folder in order for the items to show up in game.
If they need to go into mods/packages, then you need a slightly different resource.cfg then the one the Monkey installer thing gives you. You need to open it (with any standard word program) and modify what is written in there.
It should look something like this:

Priority 500
DirectoryFiles Mods/Packages/... autoupdate
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.dbc
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.dbc

Or there is mine, which looks like this:
Priority 500
DirectoryFiles Mods/... autoupdate
PackedFile Mods/DCCache/*.dbc
PackedFile Mods/DCCache/*/*.dbc
Priority 499
PackedFile Mods/Test/*.package
Priority -50
PackedFile Mods/Probation/*.package

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
adalita
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 January 19, 12:05:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whats this bit do?  Huh

Priority 499
Priority -50
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 January 19, 12:17:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nothing of any concern to you. These aren't the droids you're looking for. Move along now.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 January 19, 21:46:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whats this bit do?  Huh

Priority 499
Priority -50

If you don't know, don't worry about it and leave it out, because you are unlikely to use it them. I have them for Hacks and files I am not too sure about. I was only posting mine to show you that the resource.cfg doesn't have to be identical to other peoples, you just need to follow a certain kind of formatting, if you notice, my DCCache folder is not in packages but outside of it. The asterisk is a kind of wildcard, it is there so that the game will read anything with .package or .dbc description no matter what the name is. The extra asterisk in a place like here: PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.package allows subfolders. With the Resource.cfg that people have been passing around(that first one), you can have several tiers of subfolders so that organization is easier, I just wanted my launcher installed away from all the other content as opposed to in the middle of ten other files.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
adalita
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 January 20, 00:28:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My DCCache is also outside my packages folder. That makes sense then, I do have a few subfolders so I think your version might work well, loaded my game all worked but for a few patterns, clothes and CAS stuff run through delphys tools, So I dunno if its just because of delphys tools or that they were Sim3Packs I don't have anymore.

Thanks so much for your help of a noobish programmer like myself.
adalita
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 January 20, 03:53:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

none of my CC is showing up only a few items - I thought it was only a few things but I've only got a few packages working now. My packages are in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\Mods\Packages. My dbc cache files are here C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\Mods\DDCache. and I also put them here C:\Users\Adalita\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DCCache
I ran everything previously through the delphys dashboard and used S3pe to combine the files into large packages to make my game run faster. Still no luck though.

My resource.cfg flies says:

Priority 500
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 January 20, 04:32:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What packages are not showing up? Where are they located while they aren't showing up? As for the files you have combined, have you tried those files on their own without combining?

You have the entire framework set up in both WA and the Base, including the new modified .cfg?

Baarogue
Asinine Airhead

has appeared!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 January 20, 04:33:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

none of my CC is showing up only a few items - I thought it was only a few things but I've only got a few packages working now. My packages are in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\Mods\Packages. My dbc cache files are here C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\Mods\DDCache. and I also put them here C:\Users\Adalita\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DCCache
I ran everything previously through the delphys dashboard and used S3pe to combine the files into large packages to make my game run faster. Still no luck though.

My resource.cfg flies says:

Priority 500

Unless you mistyped the above bolded bit here in the post, I think that's your culprit.
adalita
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 January 20, 21:55:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

looks like i'm going to have to get all my CC again and test individually.  Angry
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 January 21, 02:33:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, that's the way to do it, isolate each piece of cc and try it in your game on its own.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: