More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:50:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Custom-stock library bookcases?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Custom-stock library bookcases?  (Read 5754 times)
sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Custom-stock library bookcases?
« on: 2010 January 12, 05:15:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My library has different "sections," like a kids' area, a study area, and a general reading area.  However, the bookcases are giving me trouble.  The only skillbooks are in the kids' section, the novels are in the study area, etc.  Is there any way to stock the bookcases the way I want them?  How does the game determine what appears in library bookcases?
blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Custom-stock library bookcases?
« Reply #1 on: 2010 January 12, 11:50:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only way I know is to turn lot to residential, stock it to your liking and then turn back to community.
highstresslevel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 January 14, 07:56:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try Ctrl+Shift clicking while in debug mode, and choosing "stock with genre".  I don't think that works with skill books, but it does with others.  I also don't know if stocking them that way will keep them stocked, or if the library code will just overwrite it again.  Worth a shot though.  For the skill books, there are a couple bookcase styles that always stock with skill books.  The glass bookcase is one such.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 January 14, 16:28:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Certain types of bookcase always stock with the same types of books, so it's usually obvious which ones are which with some experience. If the bookcases are spawning the wrong books for their section, move the bookcases to a proper section and exchange them with the ones that are spawning the right types..

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 January 15, 14:20:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only skillbooks are in the kids' section, the novels are in the study area, etc.
All the store set bookcases for children spawn Level 1 knowledge books.  Can this be changed with an XML?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 January 18, 01:58:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 January 18, 06:41:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Certain types of bookcase always stock with the same types of books, so it's usually obvious which ones are which with some experience. If the bookcases are spawning the wrong books for their section, move the bookcases to a proper section and exchange them with the ones that are spawning the right types..
This would be the obvious solution if I didn't care about the aesthetics, but as it stands I'd rather not have the Animal Friends bookcase in the study section and the library-style bookcases in the kids'.  :\

All the store set bookcases for children spawn Level 1 knowledge books.
Another one of EA's "jokes," or just a stupid, I wonder?

Thanks anyway, all who replied.  I'll try the "stock with genre," and move the skillbooks by hand if I have to.  All those adults in the kiddy section is starting to look like a pedofair.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 January 20, 15:30:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm gonna with lazy cloning error, as bookcases visually have nothing distinct about them that varies with the different mimic classes chosen, and so you wouldn't notice such a thing unless you really dug for it.

sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 January 21, 00:07:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm gonna with lazy cloning error, as bookcases visually have nothing distinct about them that varies with the different mimic classes chosen, and so you wouldn't notice such a thing unless you really dug for it.
That sounds like the EA Games I know.  They probably wouldn't even notice your missing verb.  Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: