More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:27:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Twice as many AL townies? Just what I've always wanted...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Twice as many AL townies? Just what I've always wanted...  (Read 3119 times)
rome_raven
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Twice as many AL townies? Just what I've always wanted...
« on: 2010 January 18, 12:34:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The neighbourhood's not really new but I have been playing only 1 household for 3 generations and there are no other playables in this neighbourhood.  I had noticed 1 sim being seen twice in game about a week ago.  I hadn't played the neighbourhood again until yesterday, only to find that majority if not all of the AL townies are duplicated in game and according to SimPE as well.  All other various townies and NPC are fine (with the exception of 4 human statues and 4 break dancers...unless that is considered normal by game).

This issue is not spread in my other neighbourhoods, mainly one much larger and with many more playables.  I'm assuming therefore it is not an issue with the templates then.  However since I had used empty templates though, the corrupted neighbourhood is N002, could that be one of the reasons why the neighbourhood is spawing duplicates of all AL townies?

GelatinousSubstance
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Twice as many AL townies? Just what I've always wanted...
« Reply #1 on: 2010 January 18, 17:27:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you using the notownie regen found in the Armory Section of this site? If no, you should get it.

Also, someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I recall reading something about AL introducing a problem similar to what you're explaining in regards to the 'socialites' spawning out of control. I don't recall ever seeing a fix for this other than to use apartments sparingly. It was a while ago that I read something about this, so my memory may be slightly off on this issue. Try searching the forums to see what you come up with.

Doctor: "He was lucky... He was shot in the 90% of the brain that he wasn't using..."

There is no shame in not being ashamed.
rome_raven
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Twice as many AL townies? Just what I've always wanted...
« Reply #2 on: 2010 January 18, 21:14:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to get home to double check but I do have the notownie regen hacks, however just inc ase, I downloaded the one from Sept 2 2008 and hope this fixes the problem for my other neighbourhoods (in case they decide they want to nuts).

There are no apartments in this neighbourhood, just one house, 2 empty community lots, and 4 community lots that actually have something built on them.  I have the other neighbourhood I play way more often with quite a few apartments and still no duplicate AL townies.  Never mind, I will try the hack out before I comment further.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: