More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 04:08:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  ZOMFG customisable lights! Is that an AM feature or a 1.7/1.8 feature?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: ZOMFG customisable lights! Is that an AM feature or a 1.7/1.8 feature?  (Read 4772 times)
pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
ZOMFG customisable lights! Is that an AM feature or a 1.7/1.8 feature?
« on: 2010 January 18, 02:19:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just discovered that lights are completely customisable now - I can't only select from a few predefined lollipop colours and three intensities like before, but enter any colour and intensity numerically. Killer feature!

I haven't seen this documented anywhere; is this an AM feature or did EA do this? It's almost too good to be EAxian (OTOH it does have a typo, so perhaps it is).
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
Re: ZOMFG customisable lights! Is that an AM feature or a 1.7/1.8 feature?
« Reply #1 on: 2010 January 18, 03:51:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The black lights look pretty rad... but I can't answer your question, I noticed it about 3 or 4 weeks ago and I am never without awesome.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
sabrieljo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 January 18, 11:30:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I pretty sure its from the patch I don't have AM ! But I have seen this in game, have no idea about the numbers though.
dDefinder
Blathering Buffoon

An Acronym

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2010 January 18, 11:43:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I pretty sure its from the patch I don't have AM ! But I have seen this in game, have no idea about the numbers though.
Amount of:
Red, Blue, Green

No matter what variables there are, it all adds up to total and all-encompassing tedium.
pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 January 18, 13:10:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Red, Blue, Green

Red, Green, Blue.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 January 18, 15:02:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure thats a 1.7 feature.
Arcadia
Asinine Airhead

Go happily Google it.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 January 18, 16:28:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Customizable lights with RGB codes? Oh, neat. Maybe I will patch.

Eh, it's not worth the bugs.

[insert nonawesome signature here]
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2010 January 18, 19:24:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's no bugs in the patch (apart from EADM, which a simguru gave instructions how to replace) that are not caused by broken CC made with broken tools.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 January 18, 20:29:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Except for the broken lighting model that means that light sources can only cast light on the level/floor they're on. However, looking at the screenshots from EA's stuff pack next l&p it would seem this stupid bug has been fixed - which will probably mean yet another patch to screw things up for everyone.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 January 19, 22:42:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was thinking the same thing. Besides the CC issues, which admitedly have been a large part of the problem, people have also reported glitches and stupidity (it's hard to tell which) in game play such as adventures that prematurely abort, disappearing Pangu's axes, and having their sims be renamed and given children when arriving in vacay lands. The latter happened to me twice, once when arriving in China and once in Egypt. The sim had the mourning moodlet and in both cases he were given the name of the foreign "wife" who had died, along with a child or two, one of which was a sworn enemy. I promptly quit without saving both times. I wasn't going to update at all until EA fixed all the problems with the patch, until this started happening in my game and I saw that Awesome fixed this issue. Unfortunately the game must have already been on a roll because it still happened one more time after I updated and installed AM. But at least my sim wasn't given a new foriegn name and I was able to sever the relationships with Twallan's super computer. Of course I've had no problems with this particular issue since updating and installing AM, but yesterday I couldn't get my sim home early from an adventure in France because my game kept crashing every tiime I tried. Before that I had a sim stuck in a rabbit hole and couldn't get him out no matter what I tried until I used the resetworld command, which obliterated my family inventory. Stupid EA.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: