More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 01:02:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Looking for Sims 3 creators/websites offering Worlds, Sims 3 machinima, stories
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Looking for Sims 3 creators/websites offering Worlds, Sims 3 machinima, stories  (Read 3112 times)
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
Looking for Sims 3 creators/websites offering Worlds, Sims 3 machinima, stories
« on: 2010 January 18, 01:47:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll preface with I have used the google but the results don't often give me relevant results. I also check the cri finds site when I can. (other find sites recommendations appreciated).

I'd like recommendations for good Sims 3 machinima, worlds (I tried the ones in Puddings here, and I've tried one I really like called Elk Cove), and good Sims 3 stories (preferably with adult characters and themes rather than teen based).

After the thread I started in Retardo land, and Pescado's defense of the capabilities of Sims 3, I wondered if the reason I was displeased with Sims 3 is that part of my enjoyment of Sims 2 was new neighborhoods, machinima, and stories. After a couple days of searching for "good" ones, I decided to ask here for recommendations. Law school really cuts into my free time, especially the kind of round-a-bout internet searching/browsing that used to lead me to neat places.

Thanks in advance!

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Looking for Sims 3 creators/websites offering Worlds, Sims 3 machinima, stor
« Reply #1 on: 2010 January 18, 01:56:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Worldbuilding is fairly new in TS3, so much is still under construction at this stage. You will have to wait a bit if you want some good, well-tested worldmaps, although there's already untested shovelware available now. Stories: Well, there's Puddingland. Does that count? Machinima? Not so much. Honestly, from a stories and machinima based standpoint, TS2 still holds the edge simply because of the amount of story-control features out for it. TS2 has a bigger pool of animations to draw from, and as such there is more you can do with it. TS3's advantages are, as previously mentioned, in its potential rather than its actuality. There is literally so much you can do with it as a creator, whereas TS2 is a bit of a dead horse.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Looking for Sims 3 creators/websites offering Worlds, Sims 3 machinima, stories
« Reply #2 on: 2010 January 18, 19:31:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Things will start picking up when we can implement custom animations and pose command objects like TS2. There's a pose command for the camera function in WA but otherwise I can't get my sims to stand still for a group photo, let alone make a decent machinima video yet.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: