More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 10:53:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Job transfer strangeness
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Job transfer strangeness  (Read 4200 times)
pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Job transfer strangeness
« on: 2010 January 17, 13:16:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yesterday I got this in my game:

(disregard the wonky job title, I'm tweaking careers and haven't updated the strings yet)

Problem 1: There is no military base in this neighbourhood
Problem 2: I specifically disabled this kind of job transfer - at least I think so:

<Science>
  <EventType>ScienceCareer_MilitaryTransfer</EventType>
  <EventName>Sims3.Gameplay.Careers.Science+TransferToMilitaryCareer, Sims3GameplaySystems</EventName>
  <Likelihood>0.3125</Likelihood>
  <AvailableLevels>99</AvailableLevels>
 </Science>

is what it says in the CareerEvents I currently use.

Is this a game bug, as in, do EA assume that everyone has all rabbitholes in place? Or did I break it somehow? And is there a way to really disable this kind of thing, seeing as my way of "disabling" it doesn't seem to work? (I've had one other career event at a time I had set them all to "level 99", so it's not only this career) If it's a general game bug, would it be possible for AM to do some sort of sanity check here - allow only transfers to careers that actually exist in the neighbourhood?

Of course I chickened out and pressed "Keep Job" - I don't know what would have happend if I'd tried to transfer the sim to a job that doesn't exist.
chann
Corpulent Cretin

TS3: an "eye-opening tour de farce" (sic)

View Profile WWW
Re: Job transfer strangeness
« Reply #1 on: 2010 January 17, 14:25:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And is there a way to really disable this kind of thing, seeing as my way of "disabling" it doesn't seem to work?

Perhaps you could remove or comment out that transfer event in your mod so it's not loaded into the list of possible career events?
pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 January 17, 18:54:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm yeah, I could try that .. is there any way to reliably trigger an opportunity in-game (provided that it exists)? I wouldn't know how to test for it otherwise. I was thinking there must be a mod for that somewhere on mts, but apparently not.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 January 17, 19:06:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Problem 2: I specifically disabled this kind of job transfer - at least I think so:
Dunno about 2, but 1 should definitely be considered a bug, if a sim is transferring to positions that don't exist...I will look into STOMPING AND BURNING it.

Of course I chickened out and pressed "Keep Job" - I don't know what would have happend if I'd tried to transfer the sim to a job that doesn't exist.
You should have pushed it, FOR SCIENCE!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 January 17, 19:53:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dunno about 2, but 1 should definitely be considered a bug, if a sim is transferring to positions that don't exist...I will look into STOMPING AND BURNING it.

Great, thanks.

You should have pushed it, FOR SCIENCE!

I know! Sorry! Won't happen again!
chann
Corpulent Cretin

TS3: an "eye-opening tour de farce" (sic)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2010 January 18, 00:43:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm yeah, I could try that .. is there any way to reliably trigger an opportunity in-game (provided that it exists)? I wouldn't know how to test for it otherwise. I was thinking there must be a mod for that somewhere on mts, but apparently not.

There's three ways I know of. The first way is to enable debug interactions in AM, then while in game CTRL+SHIFT+click and and find the "Opportunity..." interaction in the debug cheats. If you have WA, it's much more difficult to use this method because the pie menus get clogged with the new adventure quests, though there's an option to trigger an opportunity by name. This cheat will automatically boost your Sim's skills and/or switch them into the correct career necessary for the opportunity, so don't save after using it.

The second is to enable debug interactions or cheats (can't remember which) and SHIFT+click on your Sim's work rabbit hole, which gives you the option to "Force Opportunity", "Force Event" or "Force All Events". It's useful when you want to see which opportunities/events can pop up at a certain career level.

The third, much easier way to do this is to download twallan's Supercomputer. It adds an interaction to Sims called "Basic.../Opportunity". The catch is you can't select opportunities that your current Sim is ineligible for.
pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 January 18, 02:21:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks so much  Kiss
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: