More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 12:49:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Grim doesn't show up?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Grim doesn't show up?  (Read 3175 times)
Spineraker
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Grim doesn't show up?
« on: 2010 January 08, 06:57:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I'm not sure if this is an AM thing or just general lot corruption, but I'm stumped. I have a sim in my legacy family that is about to pass on (she literally has ~1 hour before expiration on my current save). The problem is that as soon as she floats up and turns ghost, she floats there...everyone zergswarms her to mourn, and Grim never shows up to collect her soul. WTF?! I thought it could be slowdown so I waited 5 hours in-game and the family just stood there crying over her floating body the entire time. If I canceled their mourn, they'd ignore her and go back to house randoms.

I have tested this on another lot by summoning (via debug summoner) a random npc--in this case, a magician, and electrocuting her to death. She falls, twitches, and Grim shows up with chorus and everything. I have even tested randomly killing another household sim on my lot through any death and they all seem to completely lock up as ghosts--no grim. Has anyone seen this behavior before?
borsco
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Grim doesn't show up?
« Reply #1 on: 2010 January 08, 15:35:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I spotted one who day and night floated outside the science building, he must have died at work. I "reset sim" and he came back to life and then died with no problem a few sim weeks later  Smiley
Spineraker
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 January 09, 19:32:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry--forgot to add that I already tried to reset the sim. Yes, they turn back into a person after the reset (with their age restored to the beginning of Elder) but they just end up floating as a ghost again when I have them age up.

I have narrowed this problem down to a single sim: My legacy family original sim that I've kept alive since starting to play Sims 3 when it first came out. Somehow, whenever he is part of the family, Grim refuses to show up on the home lot. Anywhere else--it is fine. I have moved the family to a different lot--same thing. I removed only him, and the family could die normally again on their original lot. Any suggestions on how to reset him? I have tried to do Resetsim, but this doesn't clear whatever bug is affecting him. Could it possibly be his Lifetime Reward Points? He currently possesses a pool of 257,910 (a complete total of ~878,220 according to NRASS computer's Sim Status). Could this be the reason?
Budgie
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 January 15, 20:32:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried killing him another way? Or moving him out and letting him die somewhere else?
Spineraker
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 January 17, 23:27:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually tracked it down to one of two Traits. For some reason, if I give this sim the "Bookshop Bargainer" and "Attractive" traits, Death never shows up. When I force those two to be removed, suddenly everything is normal. Doesn't bother me too much, as they're only marginally useful anyway, but still...not really sure why this is happening.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: