More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:55:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  What do you mean you can't recognize the awesomemod?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What do you mean you can't recognize the awesomemod?  (Read 10081 times)
Fuzzball
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
What do you mean you can't recognize the awesomemod?
« on: 2010 January 17, 02:30:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the Awesomemod framework set up without overriding any files in the program files, but I have two question.

I am stuck on step three.
Delete the file MYDOCU~1/ELECTR~1/THESIM~1/scriptcache.package.

Where can I find the file? I can play the game normally, it's mostly that it doesn't recognize any of the awesome mods that come with the framework. The base game patch is 1.8.25.003017.

Could I get some help with helping to make my game recognize the mod? I want to try out the awesomeness of this mod.
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
Re: What do you mean you can't recognize the awesomemod?
« Reply #1 on: 2010 January 17, 02:52:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1.  AwesomeMod does not come with the framework. It must be downloaded separately.

2.  Here is a link to the thread "How To Install The Framework & AwesomeMod, which you could have easily found by searching:  http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,17454.0.html

3.  Deleting your cache files is good practice. There are 4 in the My Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 3 folder and they are:  compositorcache.package; scriptCache.package;simCompositorCache.package and CASPartCache.package.  You can delete all four of them, as they regenerate each time you play.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
Fuzzball
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 January 17, 02:57:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you very much for the help.  Smiley

By the Caches, do you mean the cache folder in Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 and/or the location Documents and Settings\Nikki\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3/DCbackup? Or do you mean solely the four cache folders in the My Documents?
« Last Edit: 2010 January 17, 03:35:46 by Fuzzball » Logged
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 January 17, 04:47:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see no mention of cache folders in any of the overly-helpful advice given to you. Think about it.

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
Fuzzball
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 January 17, 06:38:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay. I just thought I ask.

Thanks again!
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 January 17, 06:41:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you very much for the help.  Smiley

By the Caches, do you mean the cache folder in Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 and/or the location Documents and Settings\Nikki\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3/DCbackup? Or do you mean solely the four cache folders in the My Documents?

Do not delete Cache files in Program files, do not delete anything in Program files unless someone explicitly tells you to go there and fool with those. Those are the files that the game uses to regenerate the ones you delete.
You are allowed to delete the ones Coconnor mentioned that can be found in \My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. I do not think this would help you with the game not seeing AwesomeMod. Did you actually download AwesomeMod or did you just get the framework.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 January 29, 21:31:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was so pleased to find this thread with a discussion so close to my own experiences.

I tried rushing through a fresh install (including WA) and ended up with a game that wouldn't load when awesome mod was included. So I took a step back. I uninstalled, deleted files, cleaned out my registry of TS3 & WA references and started again.

Fresh install worked with the basic no-cd so I had proof that game structure & installation was fine. Put original exe back and patched to 1.4.6 (is that a high enough patch? further reading says no - so that is one problem - off to hunt for more patches. Any other suggestions?) and put the framework, awesome mod, 3booter and fsplimiter back in (I read and followed the instructions with each one), deleted the cache files and . . . my game crashes and 3booter does not restart it.

I have done this before (and my game used to work), but obviously I'm doing something wrong this time or there'd be a lot more hue & cry going on over here. Can anybody help me find my error?

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 January 29, 21:59:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Insofar as Awesomemod will not work, and will likely crash the game if it is not patched up to the specified level, this may be your problem.

Tribulatio proxima est
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 January 29, 22:25:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had oddities with a partially patched up to date base and a fully patched(as far as I was aware) WA. I ended up uninstalling everything, patching with every patch, installing WA, patching with every patch, then framework in base and WA. After that AwesomeMod worked as it should.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 January 29, 22:45:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It definately was not-up-to-date patching. That's what I get for being away from TS3 for so long and then just assUme-ing that I can just jump right back in.

It's working now (although Riverview - my only installed content - now doesn't show up, but I know that there are threads out there to read up on that).

AARGHH!
This is driving me crazy - if I patch up to current version and then install WA the game informs me that my game is patched more thoroughly than WA expects and I'll need to patch my TS3 after installation (and, true enough,  the game will not run claiming an insufficiently patched TS3).

If I don't patch TS3 & install WA then I go straight to the game refusing to run.

Either way trying to run the TS3 patches after WA installation produces an 'invalid file' error (clean games, no custom content - not even awesome on my 2nd attempt). Maybe this is because TS3 claims a version 1.5.x &  I have patches from 1.4.6 to 1.6.6 & 1.6.6 to 1.7.9 as my closest possible matches.

Here's a bunch of interesting facts that somebody probably already discovered.
  • Patching to 1.8 before installing WA doesn't work because the ep takes the patch back to 1.5.
  • Allowing WA to do all the patching (ie installing no base game patches) doesn't work because you still end up with TS3 v1.5
  • Installing TS3 patches to 1.6 then installing WA & patching it to 2.2 doesn't work (AM requirements or something else?) because the game hangs during load.
  • Putting patch 2.3 on top of above scenario at least results in a game that loads as far as the pick/create game screen.

Now to get some custom content into the game again. I'm beginning to feel sympathy for the real n00bs. Thinking is hard

« Last Edit: 2010 January 30, 10:01:06 by Madame Mim » Logged

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 January 30, 14:58:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had oddities with a partially patched up to date base and a fully patched(as far as I was aware) WA. I ended up uninstalling everything, patching with every patch, installing WA, patching with every patch, then framework in base and WA. After that AwesomeMod worked as it should.

I installed WA onto the Base patched to 1.6.  I then patched WA up to 2.3.  The game would not load at this point, and I then had to patch the base up to 1.8.  All worked fine at that point, and I have had no awesomemod glitches.

Mileage my vary, I suppose, if one has a lot of cc objects.  My game has almost no cc.

Tribulatio proxima est
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 January 30, 22:45:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine had none. I was starting from scratch - real scratch as I'd formatted my HD since the last time I had TS3 installed. Reading around on patching problems bought me to a post by Trif @ Crazy Town about the 2.3 patch being meant to initiate the 1.8 and not doing it properly (who'd a thunk it?) rendering a game half patched/unpatchable on a Vista OS, well I'm running XP but I think that was the problem in part, so I had to break it down into bite size pieces until I found a proceedure that worked.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: