More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:16:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Disable Clothing Filter
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Disable Clothing Filter  (Read 7954 times)
unreal
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Disable Clothing Filter
« on: 2010 January 15, 05:57:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Weirdness with having used awesomemod, then switching to another core mod (in this case, extended core - testing it's perv stuff, which, while amusing does get old quick.  Still, there are a few nice tweaks in it that are good to have)

Anyway, the problem shows up using nraas supercomputer to force a sim to dresser or CAS and going to clothing.  The clothing GUI is all foobar, nothing shows up *and* the category buttons (eg: top, bottom) disappear when they're active.  They stay gone until the next time you enter CAS (or dresser).  A normal dresser still works, all the other parts of CAS work.

According to twallan, this shows up when disableclothingfilter has been activated but the core isn't there to handle it.  Is it possible for awesomemod to leave that setting lingering to bite me later, when using a different core mod?

Sigh... Very frustrating the one core at a time and no way for core mods to work together.  There are about 6 things in expandable core I like (and it's plugin architecture), I liked indie-stone but that seems dead.  nraas is, in many way better, certainly as far as control options are concerned.  But I liked indie story progressions better.  awesome just plain brings some serious control/power to the table, which I find invaluable sometimes.  nraas is amazing for script mods.  But to get complete flexibility, I need core mods.  I try to get maximum flexibility with minimum mods.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Disable Clothing Filter
« Reply #1 on: 2010 January 15, 06:15:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not that I know of, since it's always off when I start up and there is no command to turn it on permanently, as this is very undesirable. And yes, attempting to disable clothing filter without a working core is bad. Also, we don't support the non-Awesome. Put the Awesome back and forget that crapstuff.

As for Indie Story Progression, Twallanian Story Progression is the successor to it, and is non-core. Actual Indie is now like 3 patches and an expansion pack old, and will definitely malfunction horribly.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
unreal
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 January 22, 01:38:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not that I know of, since it's always off when I start up and there is no command to turn it on permanently, as this is very undesirable. And yes, attempting to disable clothing filter without a working core is bad. Also, we don't support the non-Awesome. Put the Awesome back and forget that crapstuff.

As for Indie Story Progression, Twallanian Story Progression is the successor to it, and is non-core. Actual Indie is now like 3 patches and an expansion pack old, and will definitely malfunction horribly.

Thanks for the reply.  I've been using the nraas story progression since Indie died.  Awesome was always just there and I got so used to the commands, I've forgotten that they aren't part of the game.

The mistake was mine.  I used nraas supercomputer to set "disableclothingfilter", which is where the persistence is.  Then when I switched awesomemod out from underneath it, the setting no longer had a core mod to handle it.  I had set it so long ago that I forgot all about the setting.  And the nraas supercomputer changed it's menus around, so I didn't even see it where it used to be.

But a big "duh" on my part.

mandababy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 January 22, 18:26:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know the super computer is compatible with AM? From reading what you're saying, it seems like you're saying the SC is a core mod and you switch it out with AM, correct? I use AM with twallan's story progression and super computer, it is compatible, because neither of twallan's mods are core mods.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: